Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon

Default Re: 2009 Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011 View Post
    Ermmm... If you followed the crowd accordingly from the finishing point to the tents, there were a few volunteers standing before the exit tents to give medals... I was even offered a second medal but i rejected taking the second.

Most probably the second medal was meant for you... Hee
    ohh i am too shacked to think straight... the only thing on my mind is WATER! i need water! then i need to find a place to sit down and rest so totally forgotten about the finisher medal

anyway i had emailed them already see if they are able to let me collect it on another day hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    ohh i am too shacked to think straight... the only thing on my mind is WATER! i need water! then i need to find a place to sit down and rest so totally forgotten about the finisher medal

anyway i had emailed them already see if they are able to let me collect it on another day hopefully.
    I see... Maybe they will give it to you cos there should be extras... I was too tired that day cos my legs were cramping like hell.

What are your timings guys?

Mine's 1 hr 40 min 50 plus sec... First timing joining to run 10km, will take this as my personal record to beat...

Congrats to all those who completed the race.

Here in Macau, they imposed a time limit for the races. For the half marathon, you have to finish within 2 hours 30 mins... I came in at 2 hours 40mins, so after braving through the cold and body aches, no medal for me
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Not being elitist here but those who participate in the runs should train up for it. Don't use reasons such as "other priorities", "bad weather" etc. If you can find time for pantry talk, surfing net, watching tv, then sparing 1/2 hr each day for a quick run shouldn't be a problem. It is sad to see the volunteers at the marathon standing there waiting for walkers who took more than 8hrs to walk the entire marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    Not being elitist here but those who participate in the runs should train up for it. Don't use reasons such as "other priorities", "bad weather" etc. If you can find time for pantry talk, surfing net, watching tv, then sparing 1/2 hr each day for a quick run shouldn't be a problem. It is sad to see the volunteers at the marathon standing there waiting for walkers who took more than 8hrs to walk the entire marathon.
    lol have you ever tried out the full marathon as yet?? If havent please go tried it out, its not as easy as you think. If you have tried good for you.

Face the fact we are not seasons marathon runners do you think that you can finish the whole full marathon in just 5 hrs?? On average a normal human being walking in an hour will cover 5-7km as for constant running will cover 10-12km an hour. And there even 60 years old folks join in the marathon, you go tell them this.

Volunteers are there to cheers runners, if you think volunteers are just merely wasting their time waiting for walkers to come back well i should say why waste the time in volunteering.

Last of all congrats to all runners that complete the marathon its not an easy task, well at least tat my second finisher tee lol
    Last edited by Ringwraiths; 7th December 2009 at 08:00 PM.
    Canon EOS 500D | Sigma DC OS 18-200mm | EF-S 55-250mm IS F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II

Those volunteers are fantastic. I'd be wasted without them waiting for me to complete
    I thanked all stations.
    Last edited by Lady Ice; 7th December 2009 at 08:46 PM.
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    whao some harsh words here friend.

volunteered in 06 and full marathon runner both 07 and this year.

i believe that all the 17,500 participants this year put in effort at least to train for the marathon. it would be suicidal to take part without training.

anyway 1/2hr quick run isnt enough training, to run a sub 5hr timing you need to clock the mileage and let the body adapt to the distance. that why you see many people start getting cramps after 21km(some even earlier). also it is not easy to walk the marathon. every step you take your body reminds you of the tremendous pain that you are under.

as for volunteering, it was amazing to keep seeing runners pushing their limits and the fire in their eyes are really inspiring, i seen senior citizens, people with beer belly and even disabled people who took part in 06. i feel proud to be cheering them on to give them that bit of support to keep pushing on. amazing experience which led to take part myself the following year.

kudos to all marathon runners and volunteers. the race would not be special without you guys!

btw if any CSers has my photos please let me know, would love to have a copy of them. bib no. 32334. 6hr48min clock timing at finish line. thanks!

What are your timings guys?

Mine's 1 hr 40 min 50 plus sec... First timing joining to run 10km, will take this as my personal record to beat...
    mine is 1hr 15 mins my first time too.

by the way the photos are out!

http://www.marathon-photos.com/scrip...ore%20Marathon

race results out too!
    Last edited by sinned79; 7th December 2009 at 10:55 PM.

race results out too!
    Ha Ha Ha... Great... Running time on the average is around 40 to 45 mins, read the following

http://www.sportscomet.com/Running/202720.htm

But well I will be working for less than an hour, cos I am just running for the charity... Congrats to you

race results out too!
    how come a few photos only?

Quote Originally Posted by hellfire88 View Post
    whao some harsh words here friend.

volunteered in 06 and full marathon runner both 07 and this year.

i believe that all the 17,500 participants this year put in effort at least to train for the marathon. it would be suicidal to take part without training.

anyway 1/2hr quick run isnt enough training, to run a sub 5hr timing you need to clock the mileage and let the body adapt to the distance. that why you see many people start getting cramps after 21km(some even earlier). also it is not easy to walk the marathon. every step you take your body reminds you of the tremendous pain that you are under.

as for volunteering, it was amazing to keep seeing runners pushing their limits and the fire in their eyes are really inspiring, i seen senior citizens, people with beer belly and even disabled people who took part in 06. i feel proud to be cheering them on to give them that bit of support to keep pushing on. amazing experience which led to take part myself the following year.

kudos to all marathon runners and volunteers. the race would not be special without you guys!

btw if any CSers has my photos please let me know, would love to have a copy of them. bib no. 32334. 6hr48min clock timing at finish line. thanks!
    kudos to you for volunteering!

not meant to be harsh towards fellow runners. but i've known a few runners who think training for 42km is running one or two times a few weeks before the marathon itself. and they can say they have no time to train but can play computer games every night!

i guess the definition of putting in effort to train differs for everyone. but seriously, walking for 8hrs is not showing respect to the distance. and you should see couples holding hands doing the walk!

Ha Ha Ha... Great... Running time on the average is around 40 to 45 mins, read the following

http://www.sportscomet.com/Running/202720.htm

But well I will be working for less than an hour, cos I am just running for the charity... Congrats to you
    ohh i am not that fit... i am pes C and that my 2.4km always cmi... i consider this timing quite good for me already haha. and i did not walk at all, running through out hehe

how come a few photos only?
    ermm u had to enter your bib number or surname to find your photos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12