Thread: USPS first class from US to Singapore takes more than 1 month, is it consider lost?

Default USPS first class from US to Singapore takes more than 1 month, is it consider lost?

I bought an manual lens from ebay, posted from US on 29/09/09 by USPS First Class (according to the seller). Till now haven't arrived. Is it considered lost? I asked the seller, he gave me a customs number. When I check the tracking, the item status is Acceptance.

Have any of you encountered such a situation before?

The value of the lens is around $100, not a lot, but still hard earned money.

Default Re: USPS first class from US to Singapore takes more than 1 month, is it consider los

USPS is quite slow, and their tracking info is seldom updated. just be patient.

Default Re: USPS first class from US to Singapore takes more than 1 month, is it consider los

dont fret. i bought a 4gb sodimm ram from ebay and it was shipped here by USPS.
    went on a holiday in thailand for a while but it still ended up in my house after a month and now the ram is sitting happily inside my laptop.

Just call singpost about the issue and be persistant about it.
    Last edited by Clown; 4th November 2009 at 10:46 PM.
    sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post

dont fret. i bought a 4gb sodimm ram from ebay and it was shipped here by USPS.
    went on a holiday in thailand for a while but it still ended up in my house after a month and now the ram is sitting happily inside my laptop.

Just call singpost about the issue and be persistant about it.
    Thanks man. Your Ram was posted by USPS priority could also be missent. My one was posted by USPS first class only. No choice but to wait. Haiz...

The only thing I know is... their tracking never ever works

You can always call or email them to check on where your parcel is currently at..

Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    The only thing I know is... their tracking never ever works

You can always call or email them to check on where your parcel is currently at..
    You mean contacting USPS or Singpost? But my one is posted under USPS First class, which doesn't offer tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by wwooaahh View Post
    You mean contacting USPS or Singpost? But my one is posted under USPS First class, which doesn't offer tracking.
    USPS.

Quote Originally Posted by wwooaahh View Post
    I bought an manual lens from ebay, posted from US on 29/09/09 by USPS First Class (according to the seller). Till now haven't arrived. Is it considered lost? I asked the seller, he gave me a customs number. When I check the tracking, the item status is Acceptance.

Have any of you encountered such a situation before?

The value of the lens is around $100, not a lot, but still hard earned money.
    Curious, what lens did you buy

Singpost/USPS are all local mail carriers. It will be difficult to track the package if it is not registered mail. For items that are considered having a value, it is always advisable to at least use registered mail. For items that are really expensive, then you should buy insurance as well. With registered mail, at least there is a way for them to track...
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8