Thread: Short Trip to Phuket 3D2N

Smile Short Trip to Phuket 3D2N

Hi, I am planning for my first short trip for photography journey. I will be going to Phuket on next week. Any suggestion on nice photoshooting place? Please advise as I am new to Phuket as well as photography. Cheers

Default Re: Short Trip to Phuket 3D2N

For a short trip, you may choose to go James bond island / phi phi island for a day trip. Check out the availability and price of the trips when you reach there. A lot of travel agent there, just compare the price.

If you stay at Patong beach, which is very touristic, you may wish to travel to other beaches (forgot the names...), which might offer better view for sunset shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen siung View Post
    For a short trip, you may choose to go James bond island / phi phi island for a day trip. Check out the availability and price of the trips when you reach there. A lot of travel agent there, just compare the price.

If you stay at Patong beach, which is very touristic, you may wish to travel to other beaches (forgot the names...), which might offer better view for sunset shoot.
    Yup, if you're in Phuket - travel up and down the coast on a tuk-tuk. Should pay a visit to the south where Karun beach and Kata Noi are. There's also a sunset point in the south.

I remembered there's a spot where you can see a panoramic view of Phuket town. Can't remember where it is though. Look through the map and see what's interesting. Phuket Map

3D2N is a little too short, especially if Day 1 is spent travelling and if on a guided tour... they will bring you around to be fleeced. Diamonds, Cashew Nuts, Cheap T-Shirts...

If you like nature than go visit the beaches and look at the mountains. Patong beach is too messy for my liking. The beach isn't that fantastic either once you see Kata Noi or Karun Beach.

If time allows, Phi Phi Islands is pretty cool. A tiny touristy island. :P

Have fun !
    Panasonic FZ28 Shooter
    flickr

Go to Promthep Cape , southern most tip of the island to take sunset shots. Sunsets there make girls cry and everyone claps. Remember to get the sunset timing from the hotel.

Thalang road in Phuket town is picturesque for old town shots. Lots of antique cars around too

Yeah Patong is too touristy, the island suggestions above are cool, esp. Phi Phi. Else check out other beaches like Kata or Karon....or "secret" beaches (not so secret 15-20 years later now..haha) some locals might know.

Thanks for all the advise. But only can take one day leave and spend the Friday + Weekend there only.

May i know where is the best spot if i just one to focus for nice scenary / landscape photography?

Quote Originally Posted by bkboyz View Post
    Thanks for all the advise. But only can take one day leave and spend the Friday + Weekend there only.

May i know where is the best spot if i just one to focus for nice scenary / landscape photography?
    Stay in Karon... got nice sunset. U wun regret. Hotels to recommend: Centara Resort Karon or Karon Princess (near beaches) or if u can splurge (Hilton or movenpick)
    I would say best is Hilton and get the room with sea view.... Best sunset view from a tall hotel...

1. Big Buddha
    2. Karon View Point
    3. Visit Kata Beach for the nice sea waters
    4. Book Phi Phi Island (will get u to Maya Bay ) + Khai Island tour for about $50-60SGD on the day u step foot on Phuket for the next day tour.
    5. Chalong Bay
    6. Shop in Phuket Town.. there's a bazaar or something selling cheap shirt/bags. Avoid shopping in the beach areas unless u know how to bargain..
    7. Chalong Temple

Big buddha - can see Chalong Bay from top + nice paranomic view (need very wide angle lens to capture all). Can see the southern tip of phuket from there too.
    Karon View Point - See all 3 beaches on the east coast (2 kata beaches + Karon)
    Chalong Temple - if u like taking photos of their heritage temple... nice golden+red temple

Tut tut/cab will cost u around 300-400bht (max 600 depend on how many stops) for all the island tours (Big Buddha+Karon View Point+Chalong+Phuket Town)

These are basically the highlights of Phuket.... avoid the zoo.. it sux.. lol

Oh ya... if u need contact for a good/cheap/reliable tut tut.... PM me.. i'll give u the contact of the tut tut driver... He handled most of my tours and brought me to places for photos... (he knows what I want judging from my camera/lenses)

Hi I just returned from Phuket 2 days ago.

Since you will be there for only 3 days, u can go to the beaches eg Surin and Kamala beaches which are less pollutated.

You can also go to the Kata view point and also the Chalong Buddha.

Its a pity that you cannot stay longer, a one day overnight stay in Phi Phi island will make your trip even more worthwhile.

Thanks for all the nice advise. But I will try to visit some of the places mention by CSer here.
    Maybe not for phi phi island. Perhaps next trip. cannot take more days leave and so have to come back again.

Just wonder how will be the weather there? Is it raining season now? Worry coz SG raining for few days already

Quote Originally Posted by bkboyz View Post
    Thanks for all the nice advise. But I will try to visit some of the places mention by CSer here.
    Maybe not for phi phi island. Perhaps next trip. cannot take more days leave and so have to come back again.

Just wonder how will be the weather there? Is it raining season now? Worry coz SG raining for few days already
    Dun worry.. its getting better now... There rainy = sg sunny... sg rainy = there sunny. Different monsoon season.

Thanks.... Hope can enjoy and take nice photo there... :P

Hi there. The high vantage point where you can see the whole of Phuket Town on a nice clear day is Rang Hill. If you are planning landscape and scenery shots, then go to the Promthep Cape for sunset. Also Phi Phi Island Maya beach where the scenery is stupendous. Have a good trip!

Thanks for suggestion. Will defintely be there for the sunset shot.