Thread: after a few shoot My D90 show f-.-

Default after a few shoot My D90 show f-.-

Hi,

I just bought a D90 a month only. Today Just after a few shoot my camera fnumber show f-.-,
    Taking out the len sometime work sometime don't. How many of you have this problem.
    http://tinypic.com/1r53pq1w自己认为最好,才是最好。

Default Re: after a few shoot My D90 show f-.-

Quote Originally Posted by fiestormi View Post
    Hi,

I just bought a D90 a month only. Today Just after a few shoot my camera fnumber show f-.-,
    Taking out the len sometime work sometime don't. How many of you have this problem.
    It was a reported problem for some of the 18-135 and 18-105 which were kit lenses for D80 and D90 respectively. Not all are affected though. Maybe you can drop by Nikon Svc Ctr and see what they can do for you?

Hi,

what lens did you use?

Did you lock your aperture?
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Since you just bought, you can send it for servicing since it's still under warranty.

Hi,

F-- error = no cpu lens mounted/ no lens mounted.

i faced this problem with my 18-105 kit lens sometime back, especially after i mounted the lens hood, it's a common problem especially you are using lenses with plastic mount. you just need to dismount the lens (don't need to take out) and mount it back, make sure you hear the "click" sound, and it will back to work again.

i only faced this once so far.

Edit: refer to my thread --> http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523124

HTH.
    Last edited by miaoteh; 4th November 2009 at 08:13 PM.

Ive encountered that problem just last month. F-- problem, since my cam is under warranty, I bring it to Nikon Service Center. They say some contact issue within the lens. They solve the problem which is considered very minor by changing the lens contact. They say they need to troubleshoot for ten days, but after 6 days they call me to pick-up the cam.

And before I forget, they loan me a D90 while i am waiting for my camera, coz I told them I have scheduled shoot with my friends.

Everything is free of charge (under warranty), at the same time you can ask all your questions to their technician will answer.
    Nikon D300s + MB-D10 | Nikon D60 | 18 - 55 mm VR | 18 - 105 mm VR | 50 mm 1.8D | SB 600

my is KitII 18-105.I dismount and mount back.after a few shot it went f-.- again.I have send it to service centre. Thanks miaoteh for the link.
    http://tinypic.com/1r53pq1w自己认为最好,才是最好。

Blog Entries

Oh ok. I never had this problem, probably I only bought the camera body only. I use the 17-50 Tamron which has a metal mount.

I used my 55-200VR which has a plastic mount as well, but never encountered any problems too. Could it be the heat and the weight combined? making the plastic mount shift a little? Anyone's guess.