Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re-hiring

Default Re: Re-hiring

Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    I never understood why the 'distance from home' is a factor, as long as the employee has been on time.
    I am talking about why people consider changing jobs not reason for the retrenchment. Some people will consider switching job if they can find one that is 30 min. from home rather than 3 hours. The traveling time & costs really add up and take a toll on the person especially if this is a junior position.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

people elect to change jobs because there is usually a salary increase associated with the job change to reflect the "pull" factor.

Quote Originally Posted by artspraken View Post
    people elect to change jobs because there is usually a salary increase associated with the job change to reflect the "pull" factor.
    Your english suddenly got better!

Quote Originally Posted by artspraken View Post
    camera salesman don't get salary increase that often...
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    A job is just a job...
    Ya, a job is a job. i agree! When i completed my 24mths term, i handed in my resignation letter but letter was rejected. When i was firm with my decision, then my company not happy with me already..

i think they feel that i wasted their time training me.. (thou they didn't really train me), just give me a lot of projects to do only.. i had to figure out things myself.. They then make things difficult for me. Then finally i had to post them my resignation letter.. no choice..

When people need u, they nice to u. When don't need u already, they show u another side of their face already..

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    好馬不吃回頭草 (a good horse does not turn back on it's gaze)

We're better than horses.
    眼前一片沙漠,一点草都没有。看你还吃不吃回頭草。

translate: If you really cannot find a better job, then you will want to go back right?

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    Sometimes this is true but sometimes it might not. If the company has a messenger (delivery person). How much difference will there be between a 15 year old veteran as compare to a person with 1-year experience? The 15-year old staff will definitely cost a lot more with the annual increment and cost of living adjustments that he has been receiving.
    Ah, true but looking at the value this person brings with them may be worth the cost... It's up to the people who make the decisions to look at this and evaluate if they are worth it, not just based on salary. (but i think that's what you partly mentioned in one of the above posts).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12