Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: how do you deal with annoying newbies?

Default Re: how do you deal with annoying newbies?

Relax. Take a deep breath, hold (not too long, will suffocate)... exhale slowly.

OK, your company is restructuring and new joiners are resigning from work after a while, you are in lots of stress and tired teaching new joiners in your company and soon they leaves again. Tell your boss of your good effort.

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    cheryl, let me tell you how i label ppl as newbies

1. they show no understanding in any of the technical terms and it is evident in the amount of time spent.
    2. perform badly and it shows in their performance/work.

it's okay to be a newbie, everyone will have their first time. but it's bad that you're a newbie with a big ego that is. i think whatever you're learning, you've got to leave your ego at the door.

and this boy thrash talk about ppl who's got years of experience and many evidence to back them up. also, this boy attacks many other ppl personally whom i respect in terms of skill and experience when he's got nothing...

anyway, i just ignore that boy... can't be bothered. still young and have lots to learn in life. let someone else deal with him. it's annoying but i'll let someone else do the job. yes, i call him a boy as he's still young. that's why i sorta give chance. every young kid makes mistake. just unpleasant to hear when a young boy like that attacks someone senior (even more senior than i am).

haha... btw, im not a pro. i'm just a hobbyist. i'm sure you are too.

Let me twist the scenario a bit ..

OK, your company is restructing and some staff are resigning from work. You are already in lots of stress to cope with the increase work load and your boss still come to you and tell you that its your job to train the new joiners and make sure they are train well to handle the job. Added to this is that if they cannot perform, your boss will hold you responsible for this 'failure'. After a while the new joiners also 'graduated'. How do you see your effort could be recognise?

Pardon my rant ...

Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    Relax. Take a deep breath, hold (not too long, will suffocate)... exhale slowly.

OK, your company is restructuring and new joiners are resigning from work after a while, you are in lots of stress and tired teaching new joiners in your company and soon they leaves again. Tell your boss of your good effort.
    Last edited by nonamesg; 4th November 2009 at 11:28 PM.
    No signature ... A lot of things need to learn ...

Keyboard heroism, and all the while cowering behind the terminal spewing brash and insensitive statements.

This applies to newbies and Oldies alike - As a newbie, humility goes a long way to get information and improvement. Too much pride gets in the way of any learning and communication.

As a more seasoned shooter, it seems more and more folks lack the humility in knowledge, and engages in ribaldry and indelicate rubbing.

It doesn take too much effort to be nice unless there is an underlying character flaw or one gains excessive gratification through malignant and hurtful statements to fufill some social deficit.

happyfrog i will just chill and drop the matter if u have made ur point to the fella.

Ryan

its not solved. well, i've chosen my course of action. have to look at him tonight again but oh well, i'll just stay clear.

Also to remember every reader (young, new and old) has some smartness and intelligence, just that they don't speak. There is no need to argue all the way till the end of the universe.

For instance, I have a compact camera that can take iso 256000 at the quality of iso100. Takes 10 shots per sec at full 15MP, run 4 processors. At first glance, it is a hoax now regardless how you argue. Even if one did not correct it, the item is no available for purchase.

its not solved. well, i've chosen my course of action. have to look at him tonight again but oh well, i'll just stay clear.
    who's the guy actually? care to reveal?

Hahaha... I think I'm a newbie too. I never understand frogs enough to take nice pictures of them. Hai...
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

good luck!! but i've a feeling you will be back with more bad news....

i don't consider myself a newbie, but i always feel that no matter what one does, you should always have humility.

a quote i heard: "choose your words wisely; because one day you might have to eat them"

Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post
    who's the guy actually? care to reveal?
    he is not in this forum

Quote Originally Posted by nysheng View Post
    good luck!! but i've a feeling you will be back with more bad news....

i don't consider myself a newbie, but i always feel that no matter what one does, you should always have humility.

a quote i heard: "choose your words wisely; because one day you might have to eat them"
    yes. you're right. we should always be humble.

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    Hahaha... I think I'm a newbie too. I never understand frogs enough to take nice pictures of them. Hai...
    hehe.. frogs are nice. frogs are good.

Why are you even getting worked up here. If the intended recipient is 16 and you are at least a good decade older, letting him see how affected you are by his actions will only make you the smaller man.
    Canon 40D, 10-22, 35, 70-200
    http://theserialhobbyist.multiply.com

he tried to cause injury to another guy, end up being warned by another senior member.

his response to that... yala yala.. okla... sorry la... (in a very unsatisfied manner)

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

this guy looks familiar, was he the star of the Beiklin ad ?

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    this guy looks familiar, was he the star of the Beiklin ad ?

bai mei

he tried to cause injury to another guy, end up being warned by another senior member.

his response to that... yala yala.. okla... sorry la... (in a very unsatisfied manner)
    wah..if i were u i would have SLAPPED him already...

Quote Originally Posted by doUbleCHIN View Post
    I looked at the thread title. Why is it necessary that you have to "deal" with annoying newbie ? After so many suggestions, any idea caught your fancy ? Is he stalking you ?

So many anal fella around, we cant possibly deal with every single one everytime they appear!

If I can't do anything about a situation, i just sit on my ego and forget it. Until someone chase after me with a knive or chainsaw , I wont react. Words and middle finger doesn't hurt me.

Forgive them la! Most people are doing the best they can.
    Wah! Unker Doublechin all geared up for tomorrow ... World Kindness Day ah? Later I show you my finger and see if you will react. Hehehe ... and clients will call can curse and swear and demand ... then see how you can tahan. Hehehe.

Hi TS,
    If this guy acted the way u said he did, then It's just appropriate you gave him a piece of your mind and told him off straight that his actions were wrong. Newbie or or not nobody should come to such degree of causing hurt. It's uncalled for and show a grave lack of character on the guy's part.
    The next thing you can do is to stay away from such a person as much as you can. But if he is someone very close to you, then you have to talk sense to him, and hope that he can digest your criticism and advice..

Pardon me if I sidetrack a bit. I've read somewhere in this thread someone lamented that this forum is no longer the way it used to be. I'm a newbie myself and just discovered this forum only for about 3 months. I seriously found the forum very useful and I have learnt a lot since, besides the other sites which provide comprehensive tutorials and tips. To me it gives me alocal flavour and perspectives when someone gives tips and pointers in here.
    So my point is this forum still serves its purpose to provide useful knowledge and tips to newbies like me, with all the pictures to compare and to set as example for my next shoot. I may see that all the pics posted here are good because it's just me that mine still sucks as compared to the ones in here

To TS good luck in handling this particular guy. Deal with him the best way you feel is right.

I apologise again if I sidetrack a bit aight
    And the rest don't flame me hehehehe

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345