Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: how do you deal with annoying newbies?

Default Re: how do you deal with annoying newbies?

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    imac08, what if this does not involve photography? but some other activity which may injure himself or others due to his ego?

cheryl, thanks but no thanks for the sarcasm.
    hmm here i refer to photo. of course other activity if they want to act boss(i know what you mean)...nothing we can do if they eventually hurt themselves if we did our part

As I've mentioned...

This thread is not about flaming anyone, or putting a newbie down for asking questions. Questions are always welcome as everyone is always learning, myself included.

But I do not condone disrespectful behavior from a newbie nor anyone else. Oh well, it seems like some of the words got misunderstood.

Thrash talk here DOES NOT MEAN asking about trivial stuff which supposed pros consider as trash.

Thrash talk here MEANS thrashing other people (verbally, or via text).

Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    hmm here i refer to photo. of course other activity if they want to act boss(i know what you mean)...nothing we can do if they eventually hurt themselves if we did our part
    what if you can be hurt as well? will you stay away from him? or correct his behavior and continue doing the same activity?

what if you can be hurt as well? will you stay away from him? or correct his behavior and continue doing the same activity?
    1) i have a family. My life is not mine. i need to be accountable to them

2) That retard's life is not mine or i do not care for him more than my family.

3) Assuming i know what i am doing..i am accountable for my own action

so if he wants to act retarded..i will not join him...let him be. in any case, i will not put myself in a position i will need to work with such ppl so usually i will not be caught in this dilemma

1) i have a family. My life is not mine. i need to be accountable to them

2) That retard's life is not mine or i do not care for him more than my family.

3) Assuming i know what i am doing..i am accountable for my own action

so if he wants to act retarded..i will not join him...let him be. in any case, i will not put myself in a position i will need to work with such ppl so usually i will not be caught in this dilemma
    Alright... thanks for the advice.

So far, there are 3 options to deal with him... (from all the other forums I posted as well )

1. Don't join him and let him be.
    2. Tell him to play properly.
    3. Beat him enough to humble him.
    4. Beat him enough to scare him away.

I have chosen Option 1. Let someone else humble him or scare him away or talk to him.

relax bro. like i say enough prob at work or home...no need more else where just enjoy whatevery hobby u have. but never risk one's life on a idiot. these kids..let them be. seen so many..when they grow up they will say i regret this regret that...i say to them regret my A**...you choose this path and you shld be very happy

imac08, what if this does not involve photography? but some other activity which may injure himself or others due to his ego?

cheryl, thanks but no thanks for the sarcasm.
    piang eh no sarcasm -.-
    that was my reply to "haha... btw, im not a pro. i'm just a hobbyist. i'm sure you are too."

AND it IS a fact that your pictures are better than mine.
    undeniable, i have a big mouth and i like to speak my mind but i do acknowledge better works.

don't be so sensitive, i've nothing against you nor your thread here.
    True freedom may be having somewhere to return to.

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl852 View Post
    piang eh no sarcasm -.-
    that was my reply to "haha... btw, im not a pro. i'm just a hobbyist. i'm sure you are too."

AND it IS a fact that your pictures are better than mine.
    undeniable, i have a big mouth and i like to speak my mind but i do acknowledge better works.

don't be so sensitive, i've nothing against you nor your thread here.
    "labelling someone as a newbie.. hohoho.
    i assume u must be a "pro" in that aspect then? that's quite an ego thing to say."

we did a shoot before and you and i know i am not a pro. i don't know what your intentions are... but you certainly didn't answer the question.

just to re-clarify to you that i am not a pro. i know you are not a pro too. not being sensitive, just stating the obvious.

relax bro. like i say enough prob at work or home...no need more else where just enjoy whatevery hobby u have. but never risk one's life on a idiot. these kids..let them be. seen so many..when they grow up they will say i regret this regret that...i say to them regret my A**...you choose this path and you shld be very happy
    that's right. but i am not as hard as u. if someone ask me for help, i do try my best to help them. regardless how screwed they were in the past. im more soft hearted.

haha...i am a mean person...anyway i realise most of these kids only realise when they go NS...some never even after NS. point is they regret and try to do sthg to improve,i respect them. but if regret and do nothing but continue their ways...well u can bring the horse to the water but it just won't drink also no use

For me, just let them be, they can't affect me much.....

Everyday when i wake up, i'm a newbie for the new day.

"labelling someone as a newbie.. hohoho.
    i assume u must be a "pro" in that aspect then? that's quite an ego thing to say."

we did a shoot before and you and i know i am not a pro. i don't know what your intentions are... but you certainly didn't answer the question.

just to re-clarify to you that i am not a pro. i know you are not a pro too. not being sensitive, just stating the obvious.
    oh you mean that.
    dang, you didnt even stated what aspect of newbie is that.
    the first of this thread was soooo general, it was up to one to define newbie. and it was up to one to IMAGINE what u meant. so, if you really think im being sarcastic, at least be more detailed next time lo
    and fyi, up for you to believe it, but i didnt realize this thread was created by u till u reply me.

anw its a 2 way thing la, if u had defined the term newbie better i wont have said that.
    AND, sarcasm was never my forte. im a person whom likes to go straight to the point la.

if you suck, all my posts about you will be about that.
    i won't just leave a "suaning" post dangling abt with pat horse backside posts behind.

my apologies if that statement which was made because i didnt know u started the thread (not to mention your first post was so vague) offended you. and you should have replied me in the 2nd post, and not after my 2nd reply. damn misleading fyi.

i hate people who knows nothing and talk trash...

how do you deal with such people?

anything about ur above statement talks about photography? and ur thread title? if so i'm so damn sorry but you really didnt mention anything abt photography.

--

in fact i was thinking of it from a general aspect, eg. life.
    no la seriously no illed intentions, just nv really realized ur the TS (sheesh now i sound so bias)
    Last edited by cheryl852; 4th November 2009 at 04:19 PM.
    True freedom may be having somewhere to return to.

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl852 View Post
    oh you mean that.
    dang, you didnt even stated what aspect of newbie is that.
    the first of this thread was soooo general, it was up to one to define newbie. and it was up to one to IMAGINE what u meant. so, if you really think im being sarcastic, at least be more detailed next time lo
    and fyi, up for you to believe it, but i didnt realize this thread was created by u till u reply me.

anw its a 2 way thing la, if u had defined the term newbie better i wont have said that.
    AND, sarcasm was never my forte. im a person whom likes to go straight to the point la.

if you suck, all my posts about you will be about that.
    i won't just leave a "suaning" post dangling abt with pat horse backside posts behind.

my apologies if that statement which was made because i didnt know u started the thread (not to mention your first post was so vague) offended you. and you should have replied me in the 2nd post, and not after my 2nd reply. damn misleading fyi.

i hate people who knows nothing and talk trash...

how do you deal with such people?

anything about ur above statement talks about photography? and ur thread title? if so i'm so damn sorry but you really didnt mention anything abt photography.

--

in fact i was thinking of it from a general aspect, eg. life.
    no la seriously no illed intentions, just nv really realized ur the TS (sheesh now i sound so bias)
    alright, sorry for the misunderstanding. lets stick to thread title. thanks.

I looked at the thread title. Why is it necessary that you have to "deal" with annoying newbie ? After so many suggestions, any idea caught your fancy ? Is he stalking you ?

So many anal fella around, we cant possibly deal with every single one everytime they appear!

If I can't do anything about a situation, i just sit on my ego and forget it. Until someone chase after me with a knive or chainsaw , I wont react. Words and middle finger doesn't hurt me.

Forgive them la! Most people are doing the best they can.
    Last edited by doUbleCHIN; 4th November 2009 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doUbleCHIN View Post
    I looked at the thread title. Why is it necessary that you have to "deal" with annoying newbie ? After so many suggestions, any idea caught your fancy ? Is he stalking you ?

So many anal fella around, we cant possibly deal with every single one everytime they appear!

If I can't do anything about a situation, i just sit on my ego and forget it. Until someone chase after me with a knive or chainsaw , I wont react. Words and middle finger doesn't hurt me.

Forgive them la! Most people are doing the best they can.
    if his behavior (in another activity, not photography) can cause injury? as in physical injury? what would you have done?

I think you should just confront him, whoever he is. I think that's the best way to deal with that kind of individual, whether he's a newbie or a pro.

And one more thing, I think you should change the title of your Thread to "how to deal with an annoying kid who thinks he's the greatest photographer". Kinda long but most people would understand it and not affect newbies.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by LawrenceB View Post
    I think you should just confront him, whoever he is. I think that's the best way to deal with that kind of individual, whether he's a newbie or a pro.

And one more thing, I think you should change the title of your Thread to "how to deal with an annoying kid who thinks he's the greatest photographer". Kinda long but most people would understand it and not affect newbies.

Cheers!
    title changed.

a wise man once told me:

"in life, you can only control yourself,you can never control others."

it is true. right now you are trying to modify another person's behaviour, that will only cause you to vomit blood.

my view is that you can prod him gently when he oversteps the line, but there is no need to dash his ego to the ground, or purposely find ways to prove that he is nothing. believe me, it is only a matter of time before he finds out the truth. and if he never does, well, then he never will.

I don't know why does the TS wants to start this thread.

Everybody who starts photography are newbies.
    I would like to ask the TS, when you started photography, aren't you a newbie?

Newbie who ask lots of qns is ok.

I only dislike those who dunno anything yet talk until like super lao jiao/egoistic

Just ignore them, I rather go take more pictures
    Playing with M43.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast