Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how do you deal with annoying newbies?

Default Re: how do you deal with annoying newbies?

Ignoring them is easy and makes you a normal human being.
    Managing and guiding them is difficult but that's what makes you stand out from the rest.

annoying people LOVE to ask questions not stop...just answer the opposite will do..
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by bakuteh View Post
    Yes, there are all sorts of people around. Including big-headed or half-trained photographers (there are quite a few, surprisingly) who haven't posted any decent portraits or joined shoot outings and still want to act like expert. Some won very solid awards, become yaya liao, then use pictures of cats/goats/mice/freak pictures to suan newbies and GWCs here and there. Well, yes, it is becoming very entertaining and I am enjoying the show with a box of chocolates in my hands.

I think, if we can have this thread, plus that thread about GWCs, then we are heading towards something bad. I first thought this site treats members equally, but no - it is heading towards photography elitism rather than constructing a united community. I see a gradual and constant discrimination against GWCs and newbies. This is why nowadays I don't even come here. This site is getting bad to worse. Well, I won't say too much. All of you can see for yourselves. Kopitiam and PhotoShoots now have much more visitors than P&P. Three years ago it was the opposite. That answers all. People are just interested in joining shoots and not interested in sharing pics. Don't think we have a lot of members and we will be safe. Never fancy that idea. The thread hits are dropping although we have more members.

Please go on biting each other and mocking each other. We will see what happens. This is not a community all. It is like 一盘散沙. As I have mentioned before, I urge somebody to shutdown Kopitiam for the time being. This is a photo forum anyway. Why need a coffeshop? If you shut it down, people will at least concentrate more on the picture threads. Do you see any 'Coffeeshop' in photo.net, pbase, or poco? Well this is only a suggestion. Don't take it too seriously. Don't Take It Too Seriously, Okay?

Quote Originally Posted by LenzLaw View Post
    Well......we were all newbies once before.....
    Everyone is a newbie starting out, but not everyone has a good "attitude".

labelling someone as a newbie.. hohoho.
    i assume u must be a "pro" in that aspect then? that's quite an ego thing to say.
    True freedom may be having somewhere to return to.

juz relaxed and be a happy frog.

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    i hate people who knows nothing and talk trash...

how do you deal with such people?
    I'll try to recruit them to join my Ladder Gang.

I try to talk them into buying a ladder instead of the next L lens.

cheryl, let me tell you how i label ppl as newbies

1. they show no understanding in any of the technical terms and it is evident in the amount of time spent.
    2. perform badly and it shows in their performance/work.

it's okay to be a newbie, everyone will have their first time. but it's bad that you're a newbie with a big ego that is. i think whatever you're learning, you've got to leave your ego at the door.

and this boy thrash talk about ppl who's got years of experience and many evidence to back them up. also, this boy attacks many other ppl personally whom i respect in terms of skill and experience when he's got nothing...

anyway, i just ignore that boy... can't be bothered. still young and have lots to learn in life. let someone else deal with him. it's annoying but i'll let someone else do the job. yes, i call him a boy as he's still young. that's why i sorta give chance. every young kid makes mistake. just unpleasant to hear when a young boy like that attacks someone senior (even more senior than i am).

haha... btw, im not a pro. i'm just a hobbyist. i'm sure you are too.
    Last edited by happyfrog; 4th November 2009 at 09:19 AM.

i hate people who knows nothing and talk trash...

how do you deal with such people?
    i'm sorry

don't like that leh

forgive me!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

but better don't teach the wrong thing if he knows nuts, I will never let it go if this happened.
    but that happens all the time in clubsnap!

you must be having loads of trouble letting go of many things.
    Last edited by night86mare; 4th November 2009 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bakuteh View Post
    Some won very solid awards, become yaya liao, then use pictures of cats/goats/mice/freak pictures to suan newbies and GWCs here and there.
    Don't Take It Too Seriously, Okay?

and this boy thrash talk about ppl who's got years of experience and many evidence of their evidence to back them up. also, this boy attacks many other ppl personally whom i respect in terms of skill and experience when he's got nothing...
    sorry happyfrog..

please forgive me

ha! I see, too bad, I don't go to IT show sort of things....
    but there are a lot of xmm there for you to shoot for free, why don't you want to go there?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    but that happens all the time in clubsnap!

you must be having loads of trouble letting go of many things.
    my point is when someone is talking trash, what he/she'd said maybe soon forgotten, he/she maybe forgotten too, since not everyone has the interest in photography for ten twenty years..

but teaching/telling others something fundamental not right is totally different, considering misleading other photographers, somebody has to point out the mistake. not to shame "newbie" or what, but just to give guidance to fellow photographers.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

As the famous saying by Mark Twain, “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

my point is when someone is talking trash, what he/she'd said maybe soon forgotten, he/she maybe forgotten too, since not everyone has the interest in photography for ten twenty years..

but teaching/telling others something fundamental not right is totally different, considering misleading other photographers, somebody has to point out the mistake. not to shame "newbie" or what, but just to give guidance to fellow photographers.
    uncle catchlights, i just joking for fun..

i also know what you mean... it's not right to profess to know something when you are not sure, or not clear.. and then give others the wrong idea as well. and nothing wrong with people correcting that.. since maybe the person giving the wrong advice also doesn't know that he is wrong in the first place!

anyways, i don't really think you are talking about the same thing the ts is..

well ... i treat photography as more of an arts expression/people skill much more than a technical field.

Therefore in my world, there is no newbie. I would also measure my success in photography by my personal satisfaction and the people skills i pick up in the future. Money would come in if I work hard enough and expect less from people.

Blog Entries

everyone is a newbie at first

show them the right path and then sooner or later he/she will be a newbie no more
    but after a while these "used to be newbies" will post about annoying newbies
    the cycle never ends

give without expecting anything in return

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    uncle catchlights, i just joking for fun..

i also know what you mean... it's not right to profess to know something when you are not sure, or not clear.. and then give others the wrong idea as well. and nothing wrong with people correcting that.. since maybe the person giving the wrong advice also doesn't know that he is wrong in the first place!

anyways, i don't really think you are talking about the same thing the ts is..
    no worries.
    yes, yes, everyone was a newbie before.. and everyday we are trying to learn new things..

sound like TS is referring to a particular person, which I not sure who is he/she...... anyone care to enlighten me? ok,ok, I admit I'm very kapoh
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Actually sometimes i think its "ok" to give a little leeway towards someone who's new to shooting or are just seeking their first help towards getting a camera? Else a bit hard to be new but need to know some technical stuffs already sometimes. For me if the "newbie" (me included still) is really earnest in learning and takes his/her learning seriously, he/she will post back a 2nd reply at least. Seen too many just posting a random question and disappearing all together. This mah, ignore loh.
    Licence to shoot.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast