Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75

Thread: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

  1. #1

    Default Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    MORE THAN 1 MILLION BO LIAO POSTS IN KOPITIAM!!!! (including this one!)

    Instead of honing our photography skills, getting out to shoot better photos, improving our portfolios, we are spending most of our time TCSS.

    How on earth are we going to be the number one photography website in sg, batam, jb and the world?


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    MORE THAN 1 MILLION BO LIAO POSTS IN KOPITIAM!!!! (including this one!)

    Instead of honing our photography skills, getting out to shoot better photos, improving our portfolios, we are spending most of our time TCSS.

    How on earth are we going to be the number one photography website in sg, batam, jb and the world?

    So it shows we love to talk more than taking pics of Ris Low and other XMM's.......no wonder Canon is making a loss

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    Perhaps Clubsnap should start a separate website just for Kopitiam????

  4. #4
    Senior Member StrifeYun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rivervale Drive
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    kopitiam has 1 million TCSS reviews "shocking !!"
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

  5. #5

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    MORE THAN 1 MILLION BO LIAO POSTS IN KOPITIAM!!!! (including this one!)

    Instead of honing our photography skills, getting out to shoot better photos, improving our portfolios, we are spending most of our time TCSS.

    How on earth are we going to be the number one photography website in sg, batam, jb and the world?

    by promoting more xmm shoots and encouraging more gwc behaviour.

    if you haven't noticed, P&P still reigns supreme in the photographic gallery in terms of views. landscapes has more posts, but still less views, that's scary. i think cs has to be the only place where this is the case.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    So it shows we love to talk more than taking pics of Ris Low and other XMM's.......no wonder Canon is making a loss
    canon is making a loss because xmms like nikon more.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    And Pentax is a GWC & XMM killer.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  8. #8
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    Kopitiam is where we put photogaphy aside.......... and become friends and biatches ......

    even army camps have canteens for kopi and TCSS time........ kekeke

    Where would my old buddy Sion go without Kopitiam ? (kidding bro')
    Last edited by ed9119; 3rd November 2009 at 09:00 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Kopitiam is where we put photogaphy aside.......... and become friends and biatches ......

    even army camps have canteens for kopi and TCSS time........ kekeke

    Where would my old buddy Sion go without Kopitiam ? (kidding bro')
    SSSSSSTTTT, Sion is taking pics these days........

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jalan Poonpipi
    Posts
    758

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    Yeah, this is the place to relax a bit, to let our hair down somewhat.

    We can just say anything under the sun or without and not get ticked off by the mods.

    We can TCSS and then, switch to other threads for more serious photo stuff as well. I dun see any problem in it.

    This is what makes our community......
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

  11. #11

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    Yeah, this is the place to relax a bit, to let our hair down somewhat.

    We can just say anything under the sun or without and not get ticked off by the mods.

    We can TCSS and then, switch to other threads for more serious photo stuff as well. I dun see any problem in it.

    This is what makes our community......

    there's no problem with relaxing a bit and community bonding, but when disproportionately more time is spent TCSS than on serious photo stuff, that tells you where the photography forum is heading. anyway the mods are all nice and reasonable ppl, they don't tick ppl off for fun

  12. #12
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    We're still in Kopitiam when the rest of Singapore now makan in a Food Court with aircon and chop using tissue paper.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    there's no problem with relaxing a bit and community bonding, but when disproportionately more time is spent TCSS than on serious photo stuff, that tells you where the photography forum is heading. anyway the mods are all nice and reasonable ppl, they don't tick ppl off for fun
    You never feel photography is taxing on our minds? Also, many photographers are loners....so when we come back to the real world, we need to relax and talk nonsense.........

  14. #14

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    Kopitiam is helping to promote photography in its own ways ... we have different groups hanging out here, the Tangshooters, the Expose Yourselves, the Westshooters, the Bukit Panjang shooters etc .. these help photographers to bond

  15. #15

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    I think CS Kopitiam is probably the friendliest general forum to seek out anything under the sun unlike some other specialist sites where many trolls or/and extreme netizens thrive.

    Here u can ask almost anything and expect good n constructive reponses

  16. #16

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    haha don't take away the kopitiam it's a good read ,,,, maybe change the name to kopi-snap


    cheers
    to continue press hex key , to return to main menu press star

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    Kopitiam give us inspiration and new creative idea when our brain are dried, especially we can learn and inspirated by Sion.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  18. #18

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    Ya .. kopitiam also give CS members an avenue to vent their frustration rather than internalize them, especially topics regarding GWC & HDB

  19. #19

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    actually i think kopitiam is keeping CS alive with so many forumers... if not SG'ers will simply proceed to other forums to crap.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Kopitiam is killing Clubsnap

    A place for me to 'eat snake' during work.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •