does that meant that HDB is going to start retrenching staffs?
Well, back in the 60s, the current rulers were for the people, they make sure everyone has a home of their own & clean water runs thru the taps. Fast forward to now, after the old guards, how many can u name me that they stayed in kampong or HDB flats when young? How many actually know what is going on here on the ground? Rem this phrase "Get out of my elite society"? U get the pic why the current situation is such. If we had any balls & brains, Mr Mah wud have long been history liao & not doing his magic happily today. I have no option cos my area is... u know, "super privilege", no chance for any slips.
Talking about the aircraft... u know who is sitting up there now? What did he do b4 that? ST reported he got fired by the board of directors cos didn't contribute a single thing. The case was about him suing F&N for not compensating him appropriately. I can see very clearly what's going on to s'pore & the whole econ scene... what about u guys?
That what they say!!
But the poor will still remain poor!! What are they talking about!!
Part of the singaporean might be doing that , but not all singaporeans!!
So where the money goes too???
election coming soon.......
Vote for the right party is important.
Sometime in organization, as the competition get stronger , someone will then wake their idea.
Well, HDB definitely have the finest accountants. In fact, I will not be surprised if they have a few of the ex-Big 4 partners among their Directors rank. This is creative accounting within the SFRS, whatever Acts' legal limit at its best.
Last edited by stonefish35; 4th November 2009 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Typo error
Nice link. Thanks..
Some Quick impt figures that caught my attention :
- The profit from Building and selling of HDB flats give rise to $65m gross profit ( so there's profit la )
- Other Income $3,069.6m of which largest 3 items are
- Interest Income - $1,341m ( I assume mainly from HDB loans, could include financial interest income )
- Rental and other related income - $896m
- Car Park income $488m ( think of all ur season parking and parking summons too perhaps ?)
- Single largest expense item is the provision for foreseeable Loss/unrealised loss for property under development / for sale - $1,236m - makes me wonder, HDB property got impairment or loss meh ? In the greatest financial recession since great depression, HDB price still can climb. Seriously got impairment or loss meh ? Especially when, they are the one who decide how much will the value of HDB flats BE !! They release the price of new flats, based on mkt value, Which will cause mkt price to escalate further, and create a vicious cycle.
-manpower cost $429m.
Will like to see more on the provision for loss/unrealised loss. As we know, foreseeable can become unforseeable , and end up reversing the provision.
Did not read the entire report, dunno if the CPA firm address the issue of basing new flat price on mkt price, causing escalation of resale flat, and kicking off a vicious cycle.
I think, if the audit partner really got balls, will address this under " Risk of creating a vicious cycle causing escalation of HDB prices" Haha...
I guess this is not covered in any of the SFRS and hence, not a financial risk at all. I guess this is the loophole they found. And the foreseeable loss provision, must be some loophole in the FRS.
after browsing thru the key figures...... only 1 statement to be made regarding S$2B loss....
If this is not BS, I dunno what is
I concur, basically just $2 billion dollars of paper loss.
This is like universal round.
how to win ? i use to vote, suddenly with the increase in opp votes, the next thing is my area become part of another GRC further away when actually its nearer elsewhere...
those who vote will know all votes are traceable, write ur vote voucher serial next to ur NRIC and they say cannot trace...
thats why i never recite the pledge cause i never believe in it... i only believe in money talks... and its all about money never, about the ppl...
The economy is getting better.