Thread: Kuala Lumpur

Default Kuala Lumpur

hi all,

i will be KL in earli dec. it will be my first time using dslr overseas as i jus bought it..

wondering if it is safe to bring to KL as i read some review that it is nt quite safe to bring there..as alot of thieves etc..

so any1 been there etc can gif advise?

ps.any gd shooting area?

thanx

Default Re: Kuala Lumpur

Quote Originally Posted by Presto80 View Post
    hi all,

i will be KL in earli dec. it will be my first time using dslr overseas as i jus bought it..

wondering if it is safe to bring to KL as i read some review that it is nt quite safe to bring there..as alot of thieves etc..

so any1 been there etc can gif advise?

ps.any gd shooting area?

thanx
    hello, kl got plenty dslr
    they won't pick on you specifically unless you are careless negligent etc

everywhere got plenty of thieves
    not only kl

my friend had his dslr stolen in rome ... so ... don't bring dslr to rome also mmmm ?

Doesn't matter where you are if you are careless you will lose your belongings. There are people who lose their cams/phone/valuables in SG too.

Always be aware of the surrounding and take care of your belongings.

Where to shoot is very subjective. Do you want street shots or landscape or Macro or what? Why not check via Google or any travel sites?
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

I just came back from KL.. and brought my dslr around, just make sure that you always have it round your neck or your hand at all times, then it shouldnt be a problem..

KLCC (The twin towers) for night shoot, very nice

Pasar Seni (Central Market) is good, inside the light could be a bit dim, so maybe need a faster lens / prime.

If you 1st time visit KL, yo may wish to go up the sky bridge of petronas twin tower, my non update info is, you need to be there (KLCC) around 8.30am to get free ticket, the ticket is about 200 or 400 pcs per day (means after finish no more), so need to be early.

At night time, KL tower (near monorail Bukit Nanas if not wrong) is good to take some photos too. I mean take from outside...

Also, area nearby KL main train station is very nice too, the 'Dataran Merdeka' (Sultan Abdul Samad building: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/8150061).

ok...wat i mean is kana rob all those...
    cos heard from my fren who is from kl...he do admit there got alot of snatch thieves..

mayb im jus abit paranoid..

just b careful. dont leave it out of sigth. Keep in a bag when possible.
    Just becareful of all ur belongings. Some ppl tend to be too focus on their equipment that they neglect other important stuff like money, passport, etc...

its better u hang ur camera everytime..ive been studying in selangor area near kl and i know the environment..carefull when walking on side roads coz ive seen this motorist juz grab this women hand bag n speed up..it happend just 30m away from me..
    wear simple..dun show off or anything that catch attention..
    u might consider going to klcc, pavillion, dataran merdeka, park near kl sentral station, pudu/chow kit(street).
    dont forget to take kl map and some interesting brochure at klcc customer service coz the brochure will provide u some interesting places to go =)

njoy ur holiday
    cameraless

been to KL with my dslr for a few times.. so far so good.. just be more vigilant and use your instincts when you're on the streets..