Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (42) COM'ON YOU REDS!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (42) COM'ON YOU REDS!!

the way rafart fields his team and set his tactics, it is quite clear that he doesn't fancy wide players.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (42) COM'ON YOU REDS!!

Just need to remember YNWA !!!!!

And don't be afraid of the dark
    At the end of the storm
    Is a golden sky

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    john barnes and steve mcmanaman.
    billy liddell..... an inspirational winger from a bygone era when liverpool were struggling much more than today.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    billy liddell..... an inspirational winger from a bygone era when liverpool were struggling much more than today.

William Beveridge "Billy" Liddell (10 January 1922 3 July 2001) was a Scottish footballer who played his entire professional career with Liverpool FC. He signed with the club as a teenager in 1938 and retired in 1961, having scored 228 goals in 534 appearances (placing Liddell fourth and 11th in the respective club rankings as of October 2008). He became Liverpool's leading goalscorer in eight out of nine seasons from 1949 to 1958, and surpassed two league appearance records: Elisha Scott's club total in 1957 and Ted Sagar's league milestone of 463 matches in 1959.

Primarily a left winger, Liddell's versatility enabled him to play comfortably on the opposite flank, as a centre forward, and inside forward. Liddell became noted for his strong physique, acceleration, powerful shot, professionalism, and good conduct on the pitch. Such was his influence and popularity that the club acquired the contemporary nickname "Liddellpool". Posthumous recognition has included a plaque unveiled in 2004 at Anfield Stadium and sixth place in a poll of Liverpool fans conducted in 2006 under the title 100 Players Who Shook The Kop.

Youngsters.. ! Steve McManaman would have made you vomit blood a lot more than Kuyt does (at least Kuyt runs his socks off week in week out).. Go back to the videos and you will know what I mean.. ohhh... and then after sending the ball to the stands he would also do that thing with the hair also as if to check out what was on/in the head.... Not sure whether any players from the Evans era can really stand the real test of time as great players rather than as models...

John Barnes.. hm.. on and off.. he had his fair of criticism just like the current team does).. Some games he was just brilliant.. some games he was a ooooooo.. not quote there shall we say?... !!! ....

I guess when enough time has gone by, you may remember Pennant / Babel etc as a good winger (even Kuyt, again whom I appreciate a lot more than you )...

-- Marios

Zaren.. I loose.. I have no idea.. saw your subsequent post about him (this one shorter on the quote length)

You'll Never Walk Alone!!

bro rodz, he was here as a striker.

but u urself fielded him as a right winger.

he is alrite as an out n out striker, but not a right winger. u mux ask urself why u do that to torture us.
    i agree Kuyt was bought as a striker at 1st... but we have other strikers who is better in finishing...we also need a player with energy down the rightside...Kuyt is there to provide the energy...plus he can also score when the opportunity comes...

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    i agree Kuyt was bought as a striker at 1st... but we have other strikers who is better in finishing...we also need a player with energy down the rightside...Kuyt is there to provide the energy...plus he can also score when the opportunity comes...
    4-3-3?

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    The problem is that we have taken that shot for a winger in general with very little success in the recent years (and I don't mean just with Rafa, but since LONG LONG). I really don't know why, but its been a long time that I can't remember a name that "makes a decent cross in the penalty area from wide - left or right"...

Can help this old tired brain think what has happened after Johnston, that kind of era?? Personally I value Reira a lot, but Rafa seems to have lost patience with him, at least I am not the one who signed him. Babel does not know when to pass the ball, he wants to play as a striker (his decision, I respect that).... Pennant.... (bought and sold, or was it bought and let go?)

-- Marios
    of all the wingers that we had...barnes stands out to me...he's just brilliant when he wants to...though not every games...

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    4-3-3?
    formation is just on paper...everyone can see that Kuyt will attack in penalty areas when opportunity comes...we dont need an attacker who doesnt trackback when he himself lost the ball do we?

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    of all the wingers that we had...barnes stands out to me...he's just brilliant when he wants to...though not every games...
    Ha ha..... he was lazy to drive people nuts on some occasions wasn't he, but on his good day ? Clough's Nottingham Forrest 7-0 was it? or something like that (around Easter 1989) that game Brian Clough said something to the extend that it felt Liverpool was playing with more than 11 players... and that was Brian Clough, not just any run of the mill manager..

But you see, 1989 ~ 2009 and we can't remember a good winger in between

-- Marios

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    Ha ha..... he was lazy to drive people nuts on some occasions wasn't he, but on his good day ? Clough's Nottingham Forrest 7-0 was it? or something like that (around Easter 1989) that game Brian Clough said something to the extend that it felt Liverpool was playing with more than 11 players... and that was Brian Clough, not just any run of the mill manager..

But you see, 1989 ~ 2009 and we can't remember a good winger in between

-- Marios
    I have added a couple of goals.. sorry!

LFC vs Nottingham Forest

-- Marios

Sorry abit OT but am I the only one who's not 100% convinced with Reina? I mean he rarely seem to bail us out when the defence collapse. He held a few records during his first few seasons but that was when our defence were real tight n virtually leak proof.

Now that he's more "exposed'' by the leaky back 4,he hardly made any saves to bail us out.Great goalkeepers like Cech n the great Peter Schmeichel is worth at least 10pts in a tight season.They really make a difference to the team just like when Fulham scored in their 1st attempt.A save is as good as a goal .

John Barnes.. hm.. on and off.. he had his fair of criticism just like the current team does).. Some games he was just brilliant.. some games he was a ooooooo.. not quote there shall we say?... !!! ....

I guess when enough time has gone by, you may remember Pennant / Babel etc as a good winger (even Kuyt, again whom I appreciate a lot more than you )...

-- Marios[/QUOTE]

I thought Barnes was brilliant most of the time when he was with us.Can imagine those defenders pissing in their pants when he made those runs cutting into the box. He was only pants for England but then again ,who will forget the goal he scored against Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Sorry abit OT but am I the only one who's not 100% convinced with Reina? I mean he rarely seem to bail us out when the defence collapse. He held a few records during his first few seasons but that was when our defence were real tight n virtually leak proof.

Now that he's more "exposed'' by the leaky back 4,he hardly made any saves to bail us out.Great goalkeepers like Cech n the great Peter Schmeichel is worth at least 10pts in a tight season.They really make a difference to the team just like when Fulham scored in their 1st attempt.A save is as good as a goal .

yup Reina is at times.... dunno what to say
    but we have no other choice and Rafa has no balls to drop Reina

and why the tell we let both scott carson or chris kirkland leave???

whether or not we support or dislike certain players and/or manager, we all are firmly behind our beloved club Liverpool Football Club

all these heated discussions and arguments and cursing and swearing underlines our passion and love for the club

YNWA

The club comes first, so bro Rodz, if Rafa tio sacked and Martin O'neil is installed, will you support? How about in the unlikely (almost impossible) SAF or AW is appointed? How about Ronnie Whelen?

For those who slam Owen, what if he returns on a free transfer? Go chew on it

At the end of the day, we are all entitled to our opinions. Our differences makes this thread interesting. We love LFC and we love to laugh and curse mancircle united.

YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    yup Reina is at times.... dunno what to say
    but we have no other choice and Rafa has no balls to drop Reina

and why the tell we let both scott carson or chris kirkland leave???
    i'm quite glad kirkland left

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast