Thread: Current / Voltage in New Zealand??? c",)

Question Current / Voltage in New Zealand??? c",)

hi fellow ClubSNAPs...

in a few days time (thurs)...mi going over to NZ for my NSF overseas exercise liaoz...

neber been to NZ or Australia b4 so was wondering whether the power supply (current / voltage) is similar to SG???

cos mi bringing my Nokia hp charger...Sanyo 2300mAh charger n Sanyo 2300mAh NiMH re-chargeable batteries for my A80 over to NZ...

if the power supply (current / voltage) is the same...then mi jus get a travellers' plug (convertor) will do...

hope u guyz / galz can help mi...rather urgent...thx!!!

Quote Originally Posted by feimao07
    hi fellow ClubSNAPs...

in a few days time (thurs)...mi going over to NZ for my NSF overseas exercise liaoz...

neber been to NZ or Australia b4 so was wondering whether the power supply (current / voltage) is similar to SG???

cos mi bringing my Nokia hp charger...Sanyo 2300mAh charger n Sanyo 2300mAh NiMH re-chargeable batteries for my A80 over to NZ...

if the power supply (current / voltage) is the same...then mi jus get a travellers' plug (convertor) will do...

hope u guyz / galz can help mi...rather urgent...thx!!!

Check your adaptor for your devices. Now the adaptors are made so that you can use them anywhere. The adaptor should say soemthing like 120-240V.

What is more important is that you know what kind of pin-plug they use.

Just get an traveller adapter that is meant for Australia/NZ. Voltage is the same.

Can be 2 or 3 flat pins type. Usually, the adapter's box will indicate the country its meant for.
    Last edited by azone; 27th January 2004 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coke21
    Check your adaptor for your devices. Now the adaptors are made so that you can use them anywhere. The adaptor should say soemthing like 120-240V.

What is more important is that you know what kind of pin-plug they use.
    hi coke21...

yup yup...both chargers do state 120V - 240V...so tatz meanz NZ is providing a voltage within the range oso???

in tat case...wat pin-plug NZ uses??? heard it uses '3-flat pins'...

hi coke21...

yup yup...both chargers do state 120V - 240V...so tatz meanz NZ is providing a voltage within the range oso???

Yup, it means u can use your adaptor in NZ. Not sure whether it uses 120V or 240V but in either case, your adaptor can use cos it has the 120-240V range.

As fo the pins...that one you must wait for the rest of the forum to answer, I don;t know...

alternatively, you can get one of those traveller adaptors, it has for all teh differnent kinds of pins. It should cost you no more then $30

hi coke21...

Yes, you're right - 3 flat pins. This picture may help you get the correct adapter for your devices.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by nokin
    Yes, you're right - 3 flat pins. This picture may help you get the correct adapter for your devices.

Hope this helps.
    hey nokin...

thx a lot!!!

tat pic sure helps a damn lot!!!

so to finalise my topic...can use all my chargers...jus get a travellers' plug wif 3-flat pin...

tatz probably the faster answer mi got frm a forum mann...u guyz rockz!!!