Thread: Virtual Camera- for newbies to learn photography terms

Default Virtual Camera- for newbies to learn photography terms

I stumbled upon this great camera simulator illustrating camera terms such as ISO, shutter speed and aperture. Perfect for the newbies. Play around with the different settings to get a sample. Of course the best way to learn is to play with your own camera. This is just to illustrate the terms. Enjoy.

http://dryreading.com/camera/index.html
    I got the ∞ the got I

Default Re: Virtual Camera- for newbies to learn photography terms

haha thats cool
    should be stickied

Great stuff.

One question. Why only the dog is shaky when the shutter is low and not the train?

Good stuff. I am sharing this with a friend who bought expensive DSLR but only shoots in auto.

Excellent stuff diziz & thanks for sharing

cute flash game...

Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    Great stuff.

One question. Why only the dog is shaky when the shutter is low and not the train?
    haha very observant... the dog is superimposed with the background yah, the background is fixed.. of course they can make the prog more complex by adding a moving train...

but then again it's a really nice prog for beginners

Cool!!..An easy way for beginners, like me!!, to understand the fundamentals

Quote Originally Posted by tunge View Post
    haha very observant... the dog is superimposed with the background yah, the background is fixed.. of course they can make the prog more complex by adding a moving train...

but then again it's a really nice prog for beginners
    i don't think the background is fixed... i did try taking photos in a train moving at 186km/h... things nearer go blur, most time unidentifiable... things far away like mountain still sharp (far from tact sharp though)... can't explain this in scientific terms... maybe someone could help us on this...

i think they're just trying to stimulate camera shake...

Quote Originally Posted by jaRv1s View Post
    i don't think the background is fixed... i did try taking photos in a train moving at 186km/h... things nearer go blur, most time unidentifiable... things far away like mountain still sharp (far from tact sharp though)... can't explain this in scientific terms... maybe someone could help us on this...

i think they're just trying to stimulate camera shake...

eh i think we r talking abt diff thing here lah bro... u r talking abt taking a pic while u r on a train... have u checked out the program, i'm talking abt taking a picture with a moving train as the backgroud, so unless the background is fixed (like in the case of this prog), it's IMPOSSIBLE to capture a image of a still train w slow shutter, wait unless ur panning skills than good, but then again ur subject cannot see liao

This is good website for people who wants to go into photography..

Quote Originally Posted by tunge View Post
    eh i think we r talking abt diff thing here lah bro... u r talking abt taking a pic while u r on a train... have u checked out the program, i'm talking abt taking a picture with a moving train as the backgroud, so unless the background is fixed (like in the case of this prog), it's IMPOSSIBLE to capture a image of a still train w slow shutter, wait unless ur panning skills than good, but then again ur subject cannot see liao
    what i was trying to say is... nearer objects are more prone to shakes... shake effect on far away background is minimal...

The part where the dog is blurred in a low illumination area is kind of misleading, cause they didn't state exactly why the dog is blurred and under what circumstances... which also depends on the focal length of the lens in relation to the shutter speed.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
    Excellent stuff diziz & thanks for sharing
    Credits to the creator, and anytime dude.

Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    The part where the dog is blurred in a low illumination area is kind of misleading, cause they didn't state exactly why the dog is blurred and under what circumstances... which also depends on the focal length of the lens in relation to the shutter speed.
    Yeah true, but it's safe to build up a pattern and relation between them. After all end result depends on specific lens used, DSLR capabilities and so on..but these results are just what is expected eh?
    I got the ∞ the got I