View Poll Results: Reaction to lowballers

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get irritated and give him/her your $2.00 worth.

6 3.33%
  • Get irritated and ignore.

28 15.56%
  • Ignore without emotional reaction.

78 43.33%
  • Reply nicely and explain that offer is too low.

68 37.78%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Warning/ Reaction to Lowballers.

Default Re: Warning/ Reaction to Lowballers.

Dealing with lowballers is so simple. Just ignore them and save your time.

You see their sms flashing a number you don't like, just delete it. What's else is there to get annoyed about.
    These lowballers are saving your time by telling you they can't afford your item.

The worse ones are those who bid close and continue to negotiate and waste time.

Say Fixed Price. Then state your price. This cuts both ways. It means you cannot be greedy to hope that your equipment's price is bid upwards. Since the situation has degraded to this low point, that there is this thread used to threaten/insult others to make them fearful to offer a low price, then Admin may consider set a rule from now on. Only fixed price allowed in CS adverts.

And if after that still so many unhappy CS sellers+buyers, then scrap and close down the CS buy and sell feature.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 28th February 2010 at 10:58 PM.

how about those low ballers who try to make it sound like their low balling is actually helping you to get rid of your item?
    Personal Experience:
    posted a camera at B&S to sell... asked for 3800, which was below market rate
    this clown pm me and offered me 2700, told him nicely price is too low, and the clown started replying things like i can never fetch such high price for it and i should considered myself lucky because he need the camera urgently, thus can offer at such "high" price, insisted that i accept this price. Told him no again, and started sending me links of similar camera on ebay which had not even ended and quoting me things "like see, they are only selling at USD1000", and forgetting that the bidding is still ongoing.

told him one last time his price is too low, and he started sending pm, smses, and kept offering the same price... even after i sold the camera to a good buyer the next day at my asking price, and i informed him about it, the messages didn't stop for another few days until he gave up...

anyone experience clowns like this before?

Quote Originally Posted by projekts View Post
    how about those low ballers who try to make it sound like their low balling is actually helping you to get rid of your item?
    Personal Experience:
    this clown pm me and offered me 2700, told him nicely price is too low, and the clown started replying things like i can never fetch such high price for it and i should considered myself lucky because he need the camera urgently, thus can offer at such "high" price, insisted that i accept this price. Told him no again, and started sending me links of similar camera on ebay which had not even ended and quoting me things "like see, they are only selling at USD1000", and forgetting that the bidding is still ongoing.

told him one last time his price is too low, and he started sending pm, smses, and kept offering the same price... even after i sold the camera to a good buyer the next day at my asking price, and i informed him about it, the messages didn't stop for another few days until he gave up...

That's a persistent one. Who's that clown?
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Personal Experience:

This is hilarious, please share his name

Deregistered

Personal Experience:

CS nick?Name?HP n.o?

Probably the vast majority are OK folks.
    There is a small element of rogue buyers and rogue sellers.
    The rogue buyers are probably not photo enthusiasts. They are traders. This is their job. This is their income. Photography is not their hobby. They hope to buy very cheap and then resell on eBay or elsewhere to make money. The photo equipment means nothing to them, except that it is a trade-able good.

The rogue sellers are out to make a killing selling a worthless thing to an unsuspecting buyer at a ridiculously high price. They do get lucky. Just like the Nigerian scammers who send out lots of silly letters claiming to be a prince inheriting a fortune but require someone to send them cash to unlock the treasure. Sometimes they hook the rare sucker.

So both rogue buyers and rogue sellers are in it for the money. Calling the rogue buyers names like lowballers won't help you. Please understand this - they don't care what you call them. As long as they make money ripping somebody off. Actually the rogue sellers may be behind this thing to label prospective buyers who bargain - lowballers. They do it to discourage people from offering lower price.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 1st March 2010 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    That's a persistent one. Who's that clown?
    the clown is still quite active in this forum...
    the item he wanted to buy from me was my 1Ds MK2 about 9 mths ago...
    i don't think it's nice to name him, because he did not cause any real harm to me, and didn't call me at weird hours...
    but if i remember correctly, he claimed to be in NS when he was trying to buy that camera from me, just irritating when you are trying to sell something and the clown kept flooding your mailbox with his PMs...

too tired to explain, not interested to sell rather keep and collect dust.
    α850 | SAL2470Z | SAL135F18Z | SAL70200G | SAL50F1.4

After attempts at selling and most (not all, but most) people always bargaining, I now FIX my selling price above what I am selling. Sucks but when in Rome, do as the Romans.

I also learnt to stalk the forum for good deals rather than trying to bargain with sellers. Coz I am not good in bargaining. So I just wait and wait and if I see a good deal, go for it, no need bargain (OK, I will still try a couple of dollars down, happy to recoup transport money). Seller happy, buyer happy.

I got my DSLR with lens after saving up from eating peanut butter with butter sandwich for months on recess during my seconday school time. I only got a 3% off for the camera and lens that time , if I know CS got people who willingly accept 10% for student, I will be much happier.

the clown is still quite active in this forum...
    the item he wanted to buy from me was my 1Ds MK2 about 9 mths ago...
    i don't think it's nice to name him, because he did not cause any real harm to me, and didn't call me at weird hours...
    but if i remember correctly, he claimed to be in NS when he was trying to buy that camera from me, just irritating when you are trying to sell something and the clown kept flooding your mailbox with his PMs...
    Next time you can block a certain person from sending PM's to you...and i think you can also block a phone number from calling you in, but not sure if you can block SMS'es......

HS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345