View Poll Results: Reaction to lowballers

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get irritated and give him/her your $2.00 worth.

6 3.33%
  • Get irritated and ignore.

28 15.56%
  • Ignore without emotional reaction.

78 43.33%
  • Reply nicely and explain that offer is too low.

68 37.78%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Warning/ Reaction to Lowballers.

Default Re: Warning/ Reaction to Lowballers.

Lowballers do not understand the term 'Price is firm', 'Non-neg'.

After quoting a very reasonable offer with 'Price is firm', I still get request for 'Lowest price?'
    Bloody ****ing ****id or what?

Tip for lowballers - BUY A DICTIONARY. If you cant find the words inside, use it to smack your head.
    The sooner you get it, the longer you enjoy it.
    I welcome you @ www.benaw.zenfolio.com

What i do people who cannot read the words "FIXED/FIRM".
    I reply with a higher price :P

my favorite question to a low-baller when they quote me a ridiculous price - if you are the seller, will you sell at the price you just quoted?

but we probably need to define what a low-baller (PLS ADD ON) is
    1. low baller is someone who offers a price that is substantially lower than your ask price. i know this is subjective. my threshold is anything more than 1-2% of my ask price.
    2. low ballers are a complete waste of time

my favorite question to a low-baller when they quote me a ridiculous price - if you are the seller, will you sell at the price you just quoted?

1. low baller is someone who offers a price that is substantially lower than your ask price. i know this is subjective. my threshold is anything more than 1-2% of my ask price.
    3. low ballers confirms the meetup with the fix price stated but bargain during the meetup with a lower price
    4. low ballers saw the post with photos showing the actual condition of the products but tries to find fault while viewing the product to bargain for lower price even though they know the condition ratings is stated and they pretend to be of ignorance on it
    Last edited by Ambious; 4th January 2010 at 11:41 AM.

I've had one clown offering me a price less than 50% of that I was asking for. He said that he's a student. I replied ... very nicely ... that I can sell it to him at that price ... since he is a student ... but too bad I ain't his father and I just can't do that. :P

The way I deal with is that I'll ignore any reply with lower quote even though I stated the fix price or the lowest in price that I'm willing to accept for. My selling price usually based on the current selling price of the same item, depreciation value and item condition.

I'd so far met quite a few right buyers that accepts the price upfront and takes the item at that price after viewing. So, for low ballers, don't bother to reply me when you see my post on the selling item.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambious View Post

3. low ballers confirms the meetup with the fix price stated but bargain during the meetup with a lower price
    4. low ballers saw the post with photos showing the actual condition of the products but tries to find fault while viewing the product to bargain for lower price even though they know the condition ratings is stated and they pretend to be of ignorance on it
    5. low ballers think your life depends on the sale and you are desperate to sell.

Have decided that all sales i make will be at fixed price. No negotiation. Ha, thot i was very clever, cos that would mean no low-ballers. Poor me did not realise that some people did not understand meaning of fixed price / no negotiation.

Slightly off topic - i get irritated whenever someone sms about a sale that has been concluded long ago, plus the thread is closed, and I have already stated in the b&s ad that i have sold the item. Don't these people read the ad properly???

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomster View Post
    Slightly off topic - i get irritated whenever someone sms about a sale that has been concluded long ago, plus the thread is closed, and I have already stated in the b&s ad that i have sold the item. Don't these people read the ad properly???
    you know, i have been getting smses for nearly 6 months plus for an ad i put up somewhere that i cannot remember, it is an apple magsafe adaptor thing i was selling for someone else.

some of them very win, even try to call. luckily i ran out of credit, so they can't call me.

so they angrily sms "you know you are very rude, never reply to my sms"

hello, i'm overseas.. you're the cuckoo smsing people about a 6 months plus old ad..

if anyone is planning on smsing me and this sounds familiar, I WILL NOT REPLY K, i'm not topping up credit while i'm here just to satisfy your impatience and ridiculous assumption that an item is still for sale 6 months after it's been put up. some more the price very good.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    you know, i have been getting smses for nearly 6 months plus for an ad i put up somewhere that i cannot remember, it is an apple magsafe adaptor thing i was selling for someone else.

some of them very win, even try to call. luckily i ran out of credit, so they can't call me.

hello, i'm overseas.. you're the cuckoo smsing people about a 6 months plus old ad..

if anyone is planning on smsing me and this sounds familiar, I WILL NOT REPLY K, i'm not topping up credit while i'm here just to satisfy your impatience and ridiculous assumption that an item is still for sale 6 months after it's been put up. some more the price very good.

That is the price you have to pay for
    having 20,078 posts in CS.

You pay it now is better than later.
    Utilize your talents and state or
    share your dreams and make it
    come true. I've faith in you.

may i buy your magsafe adaptor then? Pleassssse....

i am a high baller cos i will top up $2 for you to fly back to see me.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

Last edited by contaxable; 7th January 2010 at 01:05 AM.

hahaha i guess lowballing is a trend now
    i normally put price fixed ... bu ppl always quote much lower hahahah

i once posted a GFX card in ebay .....2yrs later i got a SMS asking if the GFX card is still avaliable .... i almost could not remember !! HAHAH
    that was a gd one lol ...hahahah till today i still find it funny
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

Some lowballers bother to waste smses offering ridiculous prices and in a case I encountered, after more than 6 smses negotiating, I accepted the price he offered n he replied saying he does not wanna buy anymore!!! WTF?! RULE: DO NOT MAKE AN OFFER IF YOU DUN INTEND TO BUY! Bloody waste of time n money smsing n calling!

That time i was selling my EF-S 55-250 for a certain price. I put $300, and some Myanmar National ask me for discount can or not? I say ok, $280 lowest price. Then he say he will call back, check with his friend.

Then he ask his friend to call me 5 mins later, and he said "hi i have another seller offering me at $260. Are you willing to go lower then that?"

So i replied "Then you go and buy from your other seller why ask me????!"

Somehow there are people in this world who lack common sense. So what if another seller attempts to sell lower than me? I only have 1 copy of lens i want to sell and i'm not a retailer! Why do i bother about "competition" from other sellers?

Quote Originally Posted by lioneldude View Post
    That time i was selling my EF-S 55-250 for a certain price. I put $300, and some Myanmar National ask me for discount can or not? I say ok, $280 lowest price. Then he say he will call back, check with his friend.

Then he ask his friend to call me 5 mins later, and he said "hi i have another seller offering me at $260. Are you willing to go lower then that?"

So i replied "Then you go and buy from your other seller why ask me????!"

Somehow there are people in this world who lack common sense. So what if another seller attempts to sell lower than me? I only have 1 copy of lens i want to sell and i'm not a retailer! Why do i bother about "competition" from other sellers?
    i have encountered one similar case like you but its for a $35 item. Can you imagine the low baller actually demand a $5 discount just because a shop that sells a similar product is nearer to him?

I literally told him to go get it from the shop. After that, he got the cheek to reply that he can deal at the price I want.

From the opposite point of view. Some of the sellers are very funny. Their items are priced close to market price and still expect ppl not to negotiate for them? Imagine an item nearly a year old, most of the warranty is over (>6mths) and still expect to fetch 90% of what they paid for it? This is asking for ppl to "lowball" them in seller terms.

I would understand that most would want to recoup as much as possible out of the sale but sometimes, their pricing is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by hisokaka View Post
    i have encountered one similar case like you but its for a $35 item. Can you imagine the low baller actually demand a $5 discount just because a shop that sells a similar product is nearer to him?

I literally told him to go get it from the shop. After that, he got the cheek to reply that he can deal at the price I want.
    Haha did u tell him not to bother u? Wait he appear le and on the spot ask "EH i demand a $5 discount or i dont buy?"

they are just irritating

If i post 1700 firm for a 3 week old 400mm f/5.6, they will send an sms saying "offer 1200 for your 400mm f/5.6L".. stop wasting my inbox storage!!

Few days ago i posted my 1 month old Computrekker AW for $125 FIRM, and then came the "offer $80 for your computrekker AW".

I refuse to List my camer@ equipment here.

Quote Originally Posted by krishna91 View Post
    they are just irritating

If i post 1700 firm for a 3 week old 400mm f/5.6, they will send an sms saying "offer 1200 for your 400mm f/5.6L".. stop wasting my inbox storage!!

Few days ago i posted my 1 month old Computrekker AW for $125 FIRM, and then came the "offer $80 for your computrekker AW".

Next time you tell them, "3 week old 400mm f/5.6 $1700 firm, 12month old 400mm f/5.6 $1200, please calculate on a linear basis on when you decide to get this lens from me."

Asking politely and end up Aeroplane (pang bua ki) is the worst kind that I had ever encountered, smsed you and asked tons of questions of the condition of the thing (when you had already stated clearly in B&S) and seems very interested to get it and just MIA on the actual dealing day... wtf... also got another ridiculous sms lowballing 30% off my cam stating price and this was what he wrote "I offer $xxx for your cam, pick up in 30mins.", it felt like he/she going to grab my cam fiercely and smack his/her money on my face and say "Na! Giak ki la!".
    Canon EOS 40D + BG-E2N, EF-S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 IS, 70-200L F2.8 USM, 50 F1.4 USM & 580EX

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast