Thread: How do u bring your batteries(AA) around?

Default How do u bring your batteries(AA) around?

I just bought 8 eneloop batteries and it only just occurred to me how do people bring AA batteries around? I searched around a little and there are some batteries cases but are they any good?

I'm only asking cos the thought of having to dump the batteries into my bag/pouch along with my memory cards and other stuff it's gonna be way too messy.

Also, if I'm traveling to sub-zero temperature countries will the battery lifespan decrease even if I just leave it in the bag due to the temperature?

Many thanks in advance

Default Re: How do u bring your batteries(AA) around?

Did you get an 8 pack for your eneloops? If so they come with a plastic cover which can be reused. I use that.

Eneloops are quite sturdy in terms of finishing, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. When in sub zero temperatures, best to keep in pockets so they stay warm.
    Lensbaby Muse

I just place them in those plastic cases they provide. Easy to carry around.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Thanks for the quick replies!

I go the 8-pack but the casing seems rather loose, but I guess it's better than nothing

Was just wondering if there was any other means to bringing it around, like having coloured cases to differentiate the charged vs uncharged ones

If the occassion is very important, bring along Energizer Lithium as backup, reliable and very light.

I use a clear plastic holder. got it at some $1 from shashinki. Better than the default eneloop case.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioh View Post
    I use a clear plastic holder. got it at some $1 from shashinki. Better than the default eneloop case.
    Ermm... I save my $1 by putting 4 AA batteries in those medicine ziplock bag. Nicely fit, and have done my job in saving earth
    思斌的部落格 - szeping.com
    Wedding/Event Photography - 10eyesGallery.com