Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

  1. #1

    Default Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    Please share your experience, any safe timing where Sg Custom won't check the meter?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k View Post
    Please share your experience, any safe timing where Sg Custom won't check the meter?
    Don't even think about it
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

  3. #3

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k View Post
    Please share your experience, any safe timing where Sg Custom won't check the meter?
    I thought its a random check?
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sedna, Orion Stars
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    i thought it's never check

  5. #5

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    I travel in-out daily, noticed the check had decreased tremendously, but don't try your luck! I had friend really kena fine!! Not worth at all.....
    Unless your car runs both petrol & gas, then is worth to travel to JB to pump when gas empty & petrol at 3/4 tank.

  6. #6
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k View Post
    Please share your experience, any safe timing where Sg Custom won't check the meter?
    No safe timing... it's totally random...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  7. #7
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    such threads shouldnt even be allowed here
    eat. drink. shoot

  8. #8

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    I think the fine is 400 bucks for first time and it's random. I've seen Mercedes as well as a 15 year old Mazda got caught before. Some jokers are even more funnier. They left their tank so empty and when faced with an unexpected jam, their car stall. Getting caught this way was a no brainer. Any way, you actually have the answers to your own question, just be prepared to pay the fine when you get caught. 2nd timer may need to go to court. FYI.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  9. #9

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    go workshop.. do trick on your meter.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    Won't work if you are selected. They use a dip stick to poke.

    Quote Originally Posted by bend87 View Post
    go workshop.. do trick on your meter.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  11. #11

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    Won't work if you are selected. They use a dip stick to poke.
    now that hurts !

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    totally random unless you are being tipped off...
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    It'll hurt even more to know the 400 bucks fine will tripple for cars caught with special meters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    now that hurts !
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  14. #14

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    I think the fine is 400 bucks for first time and it's random. I've seen Mercedes as well as a 15 year old Mazda got caught before. Some jokers are even more funnier. They left their tank so empty and when faced with an unexpected jam, their car stall. Getting caught this way was a no brainer. Any way, you actually have the answers to your own question, just be prepared to pay the fine when you get caught. 2nd timer may need to go to court. FYI.
    First timer fine $50, after paying u not allowed to cross e bridge, u need to pump 3/4 tank before u cross

    last time they always have sm one to check meter. Nowadays they quite lax, random checks only..
    Don do e meter trick, confiscate ur vehicle if caught huh..

  15. #15

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    got money to buy car no money to pump petrol?

  16. #16

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    Why do they check? Are you not allowed to pump at JB?
    Is it like the bus fill up Diesel when it arrives in France rather than filling up in UK? Cheaper?
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  17. #17
    Member agws1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    North East Singapore
    Posts
    365

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    Why do they check? Are you not allowed to pump at JB?
    Is it like the bus fill up Diesel when it arrives in France rather than filling up in UK? Cheaper?
    Adam,
    are you Singaporean? We have a rule here that you need 3/4 tank of fuel in your car before you cross the causeway/border to Malaysia. It is so that the government here does not lose out on the taxes on fuel here.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    Quote Originally Posted by agws1970 View Post
    Adam,
    are you Singaporean? We have a rule here that you need 3/4 tank of fuel in your car before you cross the causeway/border to Malaysia. It is so that the government here does not lose out on the taxes on fuel here.
    I am not Singaporean, thank you very much for explaining to me
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  19. #19
    Senior Member CS TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    got money to buy car no money to pump petrol?
    People got money buy pro camera also try to buy lenses from USA or Hong Kong instead of from Singapore - same kind of mentality...
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

  20. #20

    Default Re: Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

    Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    People got money buy pro camera also try to buy lenses from USA or Hong Kong instead of from Singapore - same kind of mentality...
    who dun want to save $? buy lenses from overseas is legit, modifying oil tank indicator to evade taxes is illegal...

    u seem to forget the phrase, u need to be lucky everytime but the customs officer just need to be lucky once...is the savings worth the risk of being fined, criminal record etc? u decide.

    my 2 cts worth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •