Thread: how to carry DSLR evryday with personal stuff?

Default how to carry DSLR evryday with personal stuff?

Hi all CSs,

I just accidentally bought SONY Dslr from B&S few days ago. now i have 1body+2 lens ( kit + 50mm). I have a problem finding suitable bag to carry them everyday. i want to carry camera and all my personal stuffs ( MP3 , waterbottle , books ) together.

so how do u guys manage to bring out DSLR as everyday use ? any bags can u recommend? or use soft pouch? i came form prosumer lx3 now i got problem with dslr size and weight ..

Default Re: how to carry DSLR evryday with personal stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by alphaboy View Post
    Hi all CSs,

I just accidentally bought SONY Dslr from B&S few days ago. now i have 1body+2 lens ( kit + 50mm). ..

Just curious how do u "accidentally" buy a DSLR? I dun get that part.

Anyway I use a Crumpler bag. U can choose a few sizes depending on your need.

If you wanna bring 2 lens use the 5 or 7 million dollar home.

If u only use 1 lens, use the 4 million dollar home will do.

7 Million is big can put alot of things... even flash....3 or 4 lens... etc. I like it.

Other bags got lowepro, tamrac etc.... if u go funan shopping, u can see those there.

Billingham 207/307
    Canon EOS 6D | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II |My Photo Album

Hi all CSs,

I just accidentally bought SONY Dslr from B&S few days ago. now i have 1body+2 lens ( kit + 50mm). I have a problem finding suitable bag to carry them everyday. i want to carry camera and all my personal stuffs ( MP3 , waterbottle , books ) together.

so how do u guys manage to bring out DSLR as everyday use ? any bags can u recommend? or use soft pouch? i came form prosumer lx3 now i got problem with dslr size and weight ..
    I am using a 5 million dollar home( Free Gift from Canon). I am thinking of buying a backpack to put all my stuff in as well..(Lewopro Fastpack 250). But now my free gift can hold My Canon 500D with EF S55-250 f/4-5.6IS,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF-S 18 - 55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS & Speedlite 430EX II. As of now i think i will still use my free gift to hold my camera and lens. I'll use whatever backpack I've now to bring my other stuff along... Cheaper lar..heehee.

Wrap in a neoprene casing or put it into a topload zoom and dump it in th bag

get a daypack sort of camera bag.

if there's a will, there's a way. if you don't have the will, then don't bother. forcing yourself to carry a camera around will just make you hate it.

For me is crumpler, that is the only way I can bring it. But then maybe 7 million is too big for the everyday usage, 6m is excellent for me (depend on person figure, big people get bigger bag )

however love my 7 million, because do not really use it everyday, just for phototrip, for everyday I am using tatonka (something similar to hoster) for 2 lens and 1 body + cleaning kit +several small item. For me 7 million is good for my traveling need

How do you accidentally buy it???

Get whatever bag you want, and this for your camera:
    http://www.sony.com.sg/product/lcs-wr1am
    Alpha

Go to any camera shop with your camera setup and you will sure accidentally buy a camera bag that suit you.

For camera bag, normally i will go CP, TK or OP because they are a lot of bag on display.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    How do you accidentally buy it???

Get whatever bag you want, and this for your camera:
    http://www.sony.com.sg/product/lcs-wr1am
    Nice Idea... I also use that kind of thing when I need to travel using my Pedro bag (because in some occasion my GF only allow me to bring specific bag).

OT : also curious, how you accidentally buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus7777777 View Post
    Just curious how do u "accidentally" buy a DSLR? I dun get that part.
    never thought of buying Sony. always eyes on canon but now felt that sony marketing cant resist for newbies ..

wt i am looking for is something like thistoo bad that is DIY http://unclutterer.com/2009/10/08/di...ay-camera-bag/

Either u just wrap it in neoprene casing and chuck into any bag that you will want to carry around everyday!

or buy a camera bag that can stuff ya daily carry around stuffs!
    Its a Sony :: [ SGP Birds ]

never thought of buying Sony. always eyes on canon but now felt that sony marketing cant resist for newbies ..

wt i am looking for is something like thistoo bad that is DIY http://unclutterer.com/2009/10/08/di...ay-camera-bag/
    DIY is innovation before it is patented for mass production.

just get whatever works best for you.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

I use Think Tank Photo Urban Disguise 35 as my camera bag and my work bag.
    Shahrul Esa

gosh... how come CS happened with all kind of accidentally buy

i want to accidentally strike toto or big sweep le.. then i can accidentally buy more lens
    Last edited by cjsaya; 31st October 2009 at 07:38 AM.

I just chuck it in my shoulder bag. There's a laptop compartment which I use for my camera. And I add in a small towel to prevent it from moving around too much.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

For me, I use Lowepro Fastpack 250. I can put my DSLR with grip, an external flash, a 50mm prime lens as well as my S5 IS digital Camera. Then top portion for my accessories, tidbits and other misc stuff.

For my university textbooks, I squeeze them in laptop compartment. Overall bag is heavy, but the design of the bag is good, my shoulders isn't very stress by the weight compared to a normal bag with the same weight.

so why not you DIY this then?
    The website also mentions a Domke insert. So maybe you can get that if you're lazy to DIY.
    Exploring! :)