Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Shop opposite John 3:16

Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

I wonder how much business this new shop has taken business away from J3:16? As the shop is just a few feet away and with their good customer service and low price so far, I am sure it is going to have an effect on J3:16. But from customers' perspective, this is good...
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Wink Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    I wonder how much business this new shop has taken business away from J3:16? As the shop is just a few feet away and with their good customer service and low price so far, I am sure it is going to have an effect on J3:16.
    Even if the shop don open opposite, customer will still walk to AP or CP to purchase if they can't wait.. So i don't think the impact will be as great. Maybe if we see reaction done by John 316 like additional staff or opening on Sun.. then that might show he is affected and wan to take back his share of customers.
    We'll just wait and see, and enjoy the gd service and attractive price from SLR Revo while we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Birmingham View Post
    Even if the shop don open opposite, customer will still walk to AP or CP to purchase if they can't wait.. So i don't think the impact will be as great. Maybe if we see reaction done by John 316 like additional staff or opening on Sun.. then that might show he is affected and wan to take back his share of customers.
    We'll just wait and see, and enjoy the gd service and attractive price from SLR Revo while we can.
    Then, they might have to change their name...
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

today i went down and talked to Jason Lin (HP 97285550) the Sales Manager of SLR Revolution. Asked about the price of original Canon batteries. They are selling at $110 compared to $30 or so less than the other shops. The cost of 3rd party batteries is around $10+ compared to $2x and $3x from the other shops. The price they quota for the 28 f.2 ($310) and 24 1.8 ($542) are also very very competitive than the other shops. Good service even when the shop was very clouded.
    Last edited by kiwitan; 6th November 2009 at 02:54 PM.

I was quite skeptical about all the "good" things about them until I stepped in and ended up with my nephew buying a system from Jason this noon. Price is reasonable n service is good.
    Hope they can and will keep with their level of customer service and most importantly, their competitive prices.

wow seem like this shop is picking up all the business, hope it prices are the best during the peak month of DEC

Went today and ask about 500D battery, quoted $75 (compared to the neighbor I bought at $85)
    Tamrac Velocity 9x bag they don't have but called to check the price for me anyway even after I told them I'ved already bought it and is just asking the price. They quoted $85. Sim Lim selling at $95.
    Argh!

Items they don't carry, they would recommend alternative shops, even next door (step-down rings, Cokin filters, Benro tripods, etc).

Overall,

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Personally I don't like the shopkeeper's attitude in AP-Funan. I remember going in one Sunday afternoon where there is not much customer in the shop asking if the sell a few lens. Most of the lens (which are very common lenses) they say no stock, until I ask about the Canon 85F1.8. But they question me am I buying, my response was that Yes I am but I need to confirm if it's a good copy and there is nothing wrong with the lens first. They say try already must buy.

As I had purchase several items in AP-SLS before, I mention to them that I was able to try & test the items first before deciding if I were to buy the camera. Their response was "We operate differently".

Personally such an Attitude to me is
    Well, I think there are too many people who go into shops to try for fun. Who is going to buy the lenses after their contact points get scratched up due to repeated mounting? So if I were the shop, I will also say that you try only if you are confirmed buying.

If you want to try out a lens, go to the Canon or Nikon showroom, not at an AD

Quote Originally Posted by third3rdwheel View Post
    Well, I think there are too many people who go into shops to try for fun. Who is going to buy the lenses after their contact points get scratched up due to repeated mounting? So if I were the shop, I will also say that you try only if you are confirmed buying.

The showrooms have a limited selection of lenses...

If you truly want to test, go rent. There is no free lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    The showrooms have a limited selection of lenses...

If you truly want to test, go rent. There is no free lunch
    That's an even better idea.

Haha... They can always offer to help me mount the lens or even use their own dslr (same as my model), if they are afraid that I may scratch their contact points. It all about Customer Service (which I think they LACK).

For your info, I had all the intention to buy the lens from them if I found it acceptable. I had shopped and purchased items in OP, MS, CP, AP-SLS & PS-HV all without such a rude response. Some I was even serve drinks when I was testing the equipments (I think most who shopped there know where I am referring)

So far, AP-FUNAN, is the only camera shop that I had been that had such Attitude issues...

Haha... They can always offer to help me mount the lens or even use their own dslr (same as my model), if they are afraid that I may scratch their contact points. It all about Customer Service (which I think they LACK).

For your info, I had all the intention to buy the lens from them if I found it acceptable. I had shopped and purchased items in OP, MS, CP, AP-SLS & PS-HV all without such a rude response. Some I was even serve drinks when I was testing the equipments (I think most who shopped there know where I am referring)

So far, AP-FUNAN, is the only camera shop that I had been that had such Attitude issues...
    AP-Funan has really rubbish service. If you ask the bald guy for the price of an item, he'll just tell you the price without looking at you. Totally no mood to buy after experiencing this level of service

Well at least he helps you to save money

Good service. Good price. Nuff said. Hope they maintain them.

I have a pleasant experience with this shop too, price are really "reasonable", two thumbs up for the Manager - Jason Lim.

Later going there to check it out!

Thinking of getting a new camera.

Thanks for da' info.

Ok Ok noted. I have also been there before, but always walked out because it is always quite crowded and they don't seem to have time for me ...

I agree that this shop is a worthy contender in terms of customer service and pricing.
    When I bought my sb600. Among all shop in funan and peninsula, they are the only shop who sells the cheapest about 375 I think.
    Olympus OMD EM-5 | 12-50mm

yeah, agree! to DSLR Revolution... when walk in funan, the only shops that take me seriously (cos im a kid) are john 3:16 and DSLR Rev, some of the others just ignore me or give me a one word answer while reading newspaper... prices are great too... $70 original battery become $45

Ok Ok noted. I have also been there before, but always walked out because it is always quite crowded and they don't seem to have time for me ...
    Like I mention before, I went there on a Sunday after lunchtime. There wasn't many customer at that time and some of the "shopkeepers" in AP-FUNAN was relatively quite free then. If I have to wait for them to "serve" me I am alright with that, but it's not the case and it the remarks that got me so workout.

That the reason why I say that they have Attitude issue there.

Well, I set Jason to get an e-quote on Thursday, but until today (Saturday) I never got a reply.

Oh well . . . . back to the usual shops then . . . .

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast