Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Shop opposite John 3:16

Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

who cares as long as it create awareness ...
    let the admin and moderator deal with him hahaah

as a buyer, i am only concern with the price
    good price with gst + local warranty is all I care

bring measuring tape + tripod + laptop to shoot tethered
    make sure the lens no problem

thumbs up for slr shop was seaching for nissan flash come to find another thread on nissin local and manage to get to know of this shop , went to to see their price really one of the best around im look for di622 di 866 spend around 1/2 or more to try on this flash and decided to go for the di 866 , ray was the sales person infact i told him im new and the first place he advice getting the Di622 as he mention its good enough for my needs but end up i got the di866 instead . im no link with slr by the way just happen to see this thread

cheers

I am very interested to know how much they would sell a 5D Mark II.

Was there to enquire about a dry cabinet. Very friendly stuff and price was cheaper than other shops in the Funan.
    Just here to enjoy photography | you never know what else you may find

If the shop can sell camera at a cheaper prices without the hassle of waiting which John 3:16 is famous for, I will recommend more people to go there.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

<路遙知马力,日久见心> Let's wait and see if the pricing will stay low after their business picks up. After all, new shops tends to differentiate themselves with lower price when they are the new kid on the block.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    I am very interested to know how much they would sell a 5D Mark II.

Was there to enquire about a dry cabinet. Very friendly stuff and price was cheaper than other shops in the Funan.
    think it's abt 3800.. someone just bought one..
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=599705&page=3

My experience :

Shop staff friendly. But price on bag quoted was about $10 more than shops in Peninsula. I nearly bought from them but was so glad I din cos I got a better deal opposite.
    I have a near-mint Olympus E-620 Underwater Case for Sale. PM me for a great deal!

I believe the boss of this slr revolution is the same as balley's photo. Coz I remember seeing the staff of B in SLR when they are doing the renovation for SLR. Not too sure about their relationship.

I was there few days ago (just simply walk in) asking for GF1 then start talking about it... frenly? well.. i seen better.. but definitely acceptable esp for singapore standard.. and i would say its on par/better then those i seen in AP/CP/MS (cant beat john 3:16 tho.. they are super nice haha)

i will definitely chk with them if i am buying camera gears...

I bought a Pentax K-x from them yesterday for 942$ plus 8gb cards and 4x Eneloop batteries...went to explore all the other shops in funan, but their price the cheapest !! So i withdrawed money and pay them on the spot...and yep the guys are very friendly too. Two Thumbs up from me

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    <路遙知马力,日久见心> Let's wait and see if the pricing will stay low after their business picks up. After all, new shops tends to differentiate themselves with lower price when they are the new kid on the block.
    Yup I agree with you too. Time will tell the heart

I not sure about others but personally one thing I feel about john is... they tend to recommend expensive filters to go along with your lens. Although I insisted on getting a cheaper one (i'm on tight budget), they claim that if I get the cheaper one, might as well dun get. Then they will try to convince u by letting u tryout the filters and see for urself. But when I say I just take the lens without filters, they will still try to convince u... Ya, true enough... the lens like mine deserve a better filter but sometimes I feel that they should just listen to customer's preference and decision... On 2nd thought, I'm starting to wonder if the decision i made is a wise one. Imagine a UWA lens + Kenko Pro1D CPL 77mm (for $170) when I could have gotten a cheaper Hoya HMC UV....

sometimes i just paiseh to go into e shop while my intention just trying out the lens and quoting the price... coz if in the end i never buy, i afraid they might not care bout me when the next time i go there... encountered this before... that's why till now i only go inside the shop if i really want to buy items from it... if this shop is as friendly as u said, i should check it out...

anyway, thanks for the info...

Quote Originally Posted by jackmbox View Post
    I not sure about others but personally one thing I feel about john is... they tend to recommend expensive filters to go along with your lens. Although I insisted on getting a cheaper one (i'm on tight budget), they claim that if I get the cheaper one, might as well dun get. Then they will try to convince u by letting u tryout the filters and see for urself. But when I say I just take the lens without filters, they will still try to convince u... Ya, true enough... the lens like mine deserve a better filter but sometimes I feel that they should just listen to customer's preference and decision... On 2nd thought, I'm starting to wonder if the decision i made is a wise one. Imagine a UWA lens + Kenko Pro1D CPL 77mm (for $170) when I could have gotten a cheaper Hoya HMC UV....
    Not really, I was advised not to buy a filter at all when I got my kit from them

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    Not really, I was advised not to buy a filter at all when I got my kit from them
    if someone thing about this if u brought a expansive piece of grass esp a L len, why bother to put some cheapo piece of filler between your subject and the lens. Like that might as well buy a normal/kit lens. So if want to put on a filler, get a better one to compliment your expansive len, else it not do injustice to your good len. It is like putting a piece of frosted grass to mess up your clean image,

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    if someone thing about this if u brought a expansive piece of grass esp a L len, why bother to put some cheapo piece of filler between your subject and the lens. Like that might as well buy a normal/kit lens. So if want to put on a filler, get a better one to compliment your expansive len, else it not do injustice to your good len. It is like putting a piece of frosted grass to mess up your clean image,
    Did you misplace you spectacles?
    Last edited by chalib; 6th November 2009 at 11:07 AM.

Most people will tends to buy the best provided they have the money but like others here have said, it doesn't make sense if you are getting a $200 kit lens and then spend $100 on an UV filter (50%). But, if you are spending $1,500-$2,000 on a lens, then the $100 filter becomes a much smaller percentage (5%).
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    If the shop can sell camera at a cheaper prices without the hassle of waiting which John 3:16 is famous for, I will recommend more people to go there.
    even if it's abit more expensive and the wait is much shorter, i'd go there straightaway, even though i get from alot of my stuff from sam
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    Most people will tends to buy the best provided they have the money but like others here have said, it doesn't make sense if you are getting a $200 kit lens and then spend $100 on an UV filter (50%). But, if you are spending $1,500-$2,000 on a lens, then the $100 filter becomes a much smaller percentage (5%).
    exactly, i would spend 150 on a filter because i want the best for the lens i paid so much for, make sense. but i would not pay a cent for vitacon filters.
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by TsQ View Post
    I was there few days ago (just simply walk in) asking for GF1 then start talking about it... frenly? well.. i seen better.. but definitely acceptable esp for singapore standard.. and i would say its on par/better then those i seen in AP/CP/MS (cant beat john 3:16 tho.. they are super nice haha)

i will definitely chk with them if i am buying camera gears...
    don't forget the wait, it's horribly long. even as a long-time customer, sometimes i just pick it up and go. alot of people take advantage of them and try hell lot of lenses and never buy or take damn long to decide, causing the wait.
    Pentax K-x

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast