Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 236

Thread: Shop opposite John 3:16

  1. #81
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by scenar View Post
    Hey anyway, what's up with the neg feedback abt John 3:16. I'm not a regular there (nvr bought anything there b4), but happened to walk in with a friend who wanted to chk out the canon 7D, they didnt hv one in stock / demo. Nevertheless, one of the guys took out his personal 7D with a 70-200F4L attached for us to try!

    *first rate* cust service!
    The place was crowded, but they still attended to us and didnt just wave us off with a "sorry no stock..."
    And you stayed there even though there was no stock?

  2. #82

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by Royaux View Post
    anyone got the number or email of this new shop?


    SLR revolution
    jason lin
    HP : 9728 5550
    jasonslr.revo@gmail.com

    tel: 6336 8767 and its open daily 11am-9pm

  3. #83

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    And you stayed there even though there was no stock?
    As i mentioned, he handed his personal 7D to my friend for some hands-on. why not? I was interested too as I shoot nikon, so I sure didn't mind the chance to check out the 7D on the popular 70-200F4 too.

  4. #84
    Senior Member egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boon Lay, Singapore
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    This shop trying to walk away from being a black shop. good...

    good to hear that another good place to shop...
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

  5. #85

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    It is very amusing situation.

    You see, John3:16 is very crowded even during weekdays. Its like got fast food queue of people lining up to see the sales guy. From my observation, the sales guy is very well spoken, not the usual ah beng or ah pek type that sell camera. His England very powder, know how to sayang Ang Mow. I tink if you Ang Mow, you will love him much much. Also in terms of substance, I think the John3:16 place great effort on service quality. I listen to the guy talk hor. He keep giving advice. What to do and where to go online. Where got more info. Some more he very positive. Keep saying good good this and that.

    If you interested to know why John3:16 so many queue, all you have to do is to stand in the queue and observe/listen. You can judge for yourself. Depending on your level of ability at photography, you may or may not favour John316. Needless to say, I heard that John3:16 is not the cheapest. Expected lah.

    However, if you only interested in price, then any shop will do. Just need to check numbers beforehand. My advise to all buyers is to email the shops for a quote. Email quotes tend to be lower/better price. If you do a "cold-call" or "walk-in", you may get whack with high price.

    Now the funny thing abt Funan centre is...(i) many shops are feeding off the crumbs that fall from John316's table. Hee Hee. Coz many people tired of queueing just go other camera shop, or go John316 to listen to story then after that go other shop to buy; and (ii) another funny thing is that you will notice some camera shop the sales guy is always standing outside watching what is happening in other camera shops, and tracking the customers that walk in and out in other camera shops. If you observe you can see this surveillance wan...I often wonder what they looking at.


    edit: btw. I want to say I am not against John316. I do feel that their service is very good. honest. if u are newbie like me, i think it is a good place to go. just that i need to find the right time to go, when there is no queue. past 3 days i go during lunch time, wah really bang balls crowded. i never see camera shop so crowded. i always believe camera shop is beat mosquitoes wan. you know. got ah pek sitting on stool outside shop to jio you in that type.

    edit2: EH JOHN316 IF U READING THIS, CAN I SUGGEST YOU IMPLEMENT AN APPOINTMENT SYSTEM, SO THAT I CAN MAKE APPOINTMENT BEFORE I COME? LIKE HAIR SALON LIDDAT
    Last edited by artspraken; 2nd November 2009 at 03:08 PM.

  6. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    but I must say that I do not like to be served by the female hovering around the bags as she NEVER gives even the slightest discounts.
    AGREE!!! The lady quoted me $135 for a Lowepro Compudaypack, and when asked if the price could go any lower, the reply I got was hostile, "No, this is the lowest price already." I then went up to K13 and bought the bag for $90. =.=

    Anyway, this SLR Revo looks promising, shall drop by the shop one day...

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    505

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Does SLR Revo sell lowepro bags and tripods? wanna check them out.

    Anyway, im sure we all agree that J3:16 needs a bigger shopfront. The place is too small to accomodate so many people, with other shops like AP having twice the floor space for customers than J3:16.
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

  8. #88
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by agentxq49 View Post
    Does SLR Revo sell lowepro bags and tripods? wanna check them out.

    Anyway, im sure we all agree that J3:16 needs a bigger shopfront. The place is too small to accomodate so many people, with other shops like AP having twice the floor space for customers than J3:16.
    Well SLR is even smaller

  9. #89

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    imho, John's size is just nice lar. Size does not really matter.

    You know hor. Singaporean all one kind. They see the queue long long. Means must be good good. Like my wife. When she go food court, she must always chiong the stall with the longest queue wan.

  10. #90
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by artspraken View Post
    It is very amusing situation.

    You see, John3:16 is very crowded even during weekdays. Its like got fast food queue of people lining up to see the sales guy. From my observation, the sales guy is very well spoken, not the usual ah beng or ah pek type that sell camera. His England very powder, know how to sayang Ang Mow. I tink if you Ang Mow, you will love him much much. Also in terms of substance, I think the John3:16 place great effort on service quality. I listen to the guy talk hor. He keep giving advice. What to do and where to go online. Where got more info. Some more he very positive. Keep saying good good this and that.

    If you interested to know why John3:16 so many queue, all you have to do is to stand in the queue and observe/listen. You can judge for yourself. Depending on your level of ability at photography, you may or may not favour John316. Needless to say, I heard that John3:16 is not the cheapest. Expected lah.

    However, if you only interested in price, then any shop will do. Just need to check numbers beforehand. My advise to all buyers is to email the shops for a quote. Email quotes tend to be lower/better price. If you do a "cold-call" or "walk-in", you may get whack with high price.

    Now the funny thing abt Funan centre is...(i) many shops are feeding off the crumbs that fall from John316's table. Hee Hee. Coz many people tired of queueing just go other camera shop, or go John316 to listen to story then after that go other shop to buy; and (ii) another funny thing is that you will notice some camera shop the sales guy is always standing outside watching what is happening in other camera shops, and tracking the customers that walk in and out in other camera shops. If you observe you can see this surveillance wan...I often wonder what they looking at.


    edit: btw. I want to say I am not against John316. I do feel that their service is very good. honest. if u are newbie like me, i think it is a good place to go. just that i need to find the right time to go, when there is no queue. past 3 days i go during lunch time, wah really bang balls crowded. i never see camera shop so crowded. i always believe camera shop is beat mosquitoes wan. you know. got ah pek sitting on stool outside shop to jio you in that type.

    edit2: EH JOHN316 IF U READING THIS, CAN I SUGGEST YOU IMPLEMENT AN APPOINTMENT SYSTEM, SO THAT I CAN MAKE APPOINTMENT BEFORE I COME? LIKE HAIR SALON LIDDAT
    Don't know what you mean from your rather incoherent post

  11. #91

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by kitaro9202 View Post
    i went in n buy 1 Nikon AF 50mm f/1.4D len it cost about $514
    today @ SLR revo? still have stock?

  12. #92

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by agentxq49 View Post
    Does SLR Revo sell lowepro bags and tripods? wanna check them out.

    Anyway, im sure we all agree that J3:16 needs a bigger shopfront. The place is too small to accomodate so many people, with other shops like AP having twice the floor space for customers than J3:16.
    Yes SLR has lowepro bags and tripods. i have seen them in the shop.

    But please compare them with Vanguard bags that are hanging just next to Lowepro....

    Vanguard maybe a better choice.

  13. #93

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    Went there today.

    First impressions. It looks like a chopper shop from the outside with the bright white lights.

    Went in and enquired for the price of the Canon 85mm 1.8. Got quoted a very attractive price. Exchanged some small talk with them and left.

    Well if their prices are still the lowest in 1 month's time, looks like I'll be getting the lens from them
    yeah, i also got this "chopper shop" feeling when i was there 1st time. but i thought to myself that since i'm here, might as well walk in and ask for the stuff i wanted. Anyway they wont dare to chop coz they are just opposite John.

    turns out that this shop is really not bad and has good pricings.

  14. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    谁是你
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    yeah, i also got this "chopper shop" feeling when i was there 1st time. but i thought to myself that since i'm here, might as well walk in and ask for the stuff i wanted. Anyway they wont dare to chop coz they are just opposite John.

    turns out that this shop is really not bad and has good pricings.
    no chopper feeling at all.

  15. #95

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Hi guys, just went to SLR Revolution this afternoon. I was actually in John 3:16 wanting to look at tripods, but the sales people were really too busy, and I waited for 10 mins before walking out. I saw SLR Rev with quite a selection of tripods, so I went there to ask. I spoke to Jason, who was very friendly and offered me good advice on the tripods. Comparing one particular manfrotto tripod, SLR Rev was about $20 cheaper. But he found out more about my requirements and offered me a cheaper (albeit, unknown brand) but better tripod! Although I didn't buy from him because I want to still look around at more brands, but it was definitely a pleasant experience. Two thumbs up!

  16. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    505

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by oneluckyguy View Post
    Hi guys, just went to SLR Revolution this afternoon. I was actually in John 3:16 wanting to look at tripods, but the sales people were really too busy, and I waited for 10 mins before walking out. I saw SLR Rev with quite a selection of tripods, so I went there to ask. I spoke to Jason, who was very friendly and offered me good advice on the tripods. Comparing one particular manfrotto tripod, SLR Rev was about $20 cheaper. But he found out more about my requirements and offered me a cheaper (albeit, unknown brand) but better tripod! Although I didn't buy from him because I want to still look around at more brands, but it was definitely a pleasant experience. Two thumbs up!
    Proves the theory about every shop in funan eating the crumbs off J3:16
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

  17. #97

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    I came across this shop through a friend of mine whom I was helping with decide on a camera. Surprisingly good prices. Maybe they will make their way into our 'best shops' list one day

  18. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    316

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Maybe Jason from SLR can drop his pricelist into consumer corner? If his prices are as what some forumers have quoted than I'm sure all he needs is some publicity to rake in the cash-conscious buyers.

  19. #99
    Senior Member TheChef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the action is
    Posts
    2,304

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    I just went there a few hours ago. It is definitely not the ah beng ah seng kind of shop. The guy manning the shop looks quite studious with his specs on.
    S5Pro|S3Pro|D50|16-85VR2|70-200VR|80-400VR|S50f1.4|105f2|135f2|SB900|SB80DX

  20. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    where tax is low...
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    in terms of pricing, i prefer MS, got several equote from them in the past and compared with AP, John, Orient & CP, MS was stil the best. Will try SLR out next.
    5D, 50 1.8, 35 1.4, 85 1.8 [/B][/COLOR]

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •