Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 236

Thread: Shop opposite John 3:16

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    505

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    The shop has opened about a month ago as I still remember seeing the flowers and everything in front of the shop.

    Some one told me they are from SLS when I was in J3:16 chatting with people there. Not sure how true it is.

    The shop is directly opposite J3:16 so if they are a decent and honest enough shop, they are going to get some traffic off J3:16 sooner or later. Of course, there are those who swear by J3:16 and will never switch.

    New shops always have this start up difficulty in gaining customers' trust as there are not that many customers had experience dealing with them. It is good that this forum acts as a place to pass on the good or the bad about a shop and I am sure the word of mouth here is going to help building that trust if they are honest, helpful and their price are competitive.
    Will check it out when i'm there. Not sure if they provide the same 'services' as J3:16 for the 'repairs'
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Just bought my D90 there today. I was really happy with all the insights and tips they gave me, the staffs are really friendly, and they have one of the cheapest price out there. A lot of people recommended John 3:16 but they are always crowded, and I got snubbed when I'm there. They're always talking and greeting their regular customers even when I was inside the store long before they came. Apparently they don't really talk to new customers eh , so I went across and the guy immediately gave me all information there is to know about dslr (since i'm a newbie). Really happy with the service, really happy with the price as well. Highly recommended.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    J13:6 will not bother you while you try the lens. But what irritates me is the way they multitask - serving 2-3 customers at one go. Results - you can't really get their full attention. And, like someone said, some times they mixed up the guarantee card and such.
    Idea got, execution not!
    APAD|Travelogue

  4. #44

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    glad to know u guys are happy with shop. got to support new fellas.

  5. #45
    Member samchong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    665

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    I drop by with friends to this shop this evening.freindly staff, good service .
    We just check some prices on the lens ,and my freind end up buying
    a lowepro back pack from them ...
    Canon EOS
    My Flickr

  6. #46
    Senior Member CS TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by jv4np View Post
    Just bought my D90 there today. I was really happy with all the insights and tips they gave me, the staffs are really friendly, and they have one of the cheapest price out there. A lot of people recommended John 3:16 but they are always crowded, and I got snubbed when I'm there. They're always talking and greeting their regular customers even when I was inside the store long before they came. Apparently they don't really talk to new customers eh , so I went across and the guy immediately gave me all information there is to know about dslr (since i'm a newbie). Really happy with the service, really happy with the price as well. Highly recommended.
    Why would you want to pay $41 more than HN Funan's $1,350 offer?

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...65&postcount=3
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

  7. #47
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Talking abt these "not so famous" shops, i also have a similar experience like what the TS had.

    When i was a newbie, i always ask qns like "uv filter vs. Cpl filter".
    Whenever i ask shops personnel in AP & CP, they don't really explain to me..

    Until i went to a shop near CP in peninsular plaza, opp prime camera (2nd stuff shop), the uncle explained to me clearly what's the difference and why some are much more ex compared to some others.

    He was patient n explained to me until i understood.

    After that i bought a camera sling bag from him n he even gave me a slight discount when the price of the bag is cheaper than buying from AP, OP n CP.

    That's why until now, i still visit that shop when i need to get some stuff.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    Why would you want to pay $41 more than HN Funan's $1,350 offer?

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...65&postcount=3
    Because I ended up buying it with the 18-105mm kit lens and got it about 15% cheaper than HN. I don't know about the "body only" thing, I talked to the guy at SLR and they told me HN's one might have been a display or something. I just asked for a price quote out of curiosity. Since the D90 + kit lens is cheaper in SLR so I bought from them.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,210

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    I have bad experience with them too, but there are people who just swear by them.
    Personally before this dreadful experience, I would think that service is secondary as I normally know what I want to buy and just ask, test and buy. However my experience with AP-Funan taught me what's Attitude would do to your potential customer.


    I do not know why some people who just swear by them, but it took all my EQ not to swear at them when I walk out of the shop.

  10. #50
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    What Lowepro bag did your friend get from them?

  11. #51
    Senior Member CS TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by jv4np View Post
    Because I ended up buying it with the 18-105mm kit lens and got it about 15% cheaper than HN. I don't know about the "body only" thing, I talked to the guy at SLR and they told me HN's one might have been a display or something. I just asked for a price quote out of curiosity. Since the D90 + kit lens is cheaper in SLR so I bought from them.
    Thanks for the clarification. That explains it. Just wondering about the lower price offer from HN as usually people will go for the lower price almost all the time.

    As for display unit, I think it is unavoidable to have the unit tested by someone else. As long as the shutter count is not high, it should be ok. But, how will you know the one offer by SLR Revo is also not a display unit since camera boxes do not have seal.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

  12. #52

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    moi 2 cents

    AP funan almost everyone inside is not friendly less this one fellow 'joseph' tall thin chap with spec sometimes he give the best price among he rest of the ppl working inside AP funan and have the best attitude towards the customers.

    the short balding guy is the worse.
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

  13. #53
    Member haslansalam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    I hv been into photography for a year now and i only goes to 4 shops so far. Cathay, angmokio, John and the shop next to Cathay.

    Surprisingly, I enjoyed going to the shop next to Cathay Peninsula. I dunno why, bought a lot of accessories there from filters, bags to drybox. I find their price reasonable. anyone been there?
    Last edited by haslansalam; 31st October 2009 at 10:53 PM.
    facebook page | I don't have L lens

  14. #54
    Member cjsaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bedok, Singapore
    Posts
    155

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by haslansalam View Post
    I hv been into photography for a year now and i only goes to 4 shops so far. Cathay, angmokio, John and the shop next to Cathay.

    Surprisingly, I enjoyed going to the shop next to Cathay Peninsula. I dunno why, bought a lot of accessories there from filters, bags to drybox. I find their price reasonable. anyone been there?
    which one you referring ? the one beside CP "main" store or diagonal opposite ?

  15. #55
    Member sheldon22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Singapore
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    i will check this shop to see for myself :-)

    i bought my 1st dslr and faithfully buy all my lenses/accessories with J3:16....in fairness to them, even i was a new "face" to their shop, Sam attended to my queries and patiently explained all i want to know, tho sometimes he really do multi tasking :-) which i understand cos its business!

    but lately, feel the need to switch shop...i think its really a waste of time waiting for them while attending to bunch of other customers

    i think its time to give a try to this shop opposite J3:16



  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Me too have unhappy experiences at AP. Me will avoid. (for me that is).

    As for CP (P), if you want to buy BIG white lens, that's the place with ready ex-stock right?
    Well correct me if I'm wrong.

    John316 gives you a warm feeling when u shop there. I bought most of my stuff there. Good Service. Waiting time no issue for me as I usually keep the day free. Or I going very early. Why rush when shopping for expensive things and get Pi$$ed off?

    Just my 2cents for the above, no offence to anyone.
    Canon 1D mk3/ 16-35L II/ 35L / 135L / 85 f1.8/ 580EX II / Canon G11

  17. #57

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    how do i find the exif info of a pic taken?

  18. #58

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    It's good that new competitors are constantly coming in to challenge the status quo.

    I guess they are new so they know they have to work harder to win customers.

    1 year later, we shall see if they can keep up their standard.

  19. #59
    Member sheldon22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Singapore
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    how do i find the exif info of a pic taken?
    wrong thread...duh


  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    谁是你
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Re: Shop opposite John 3:16

    Quote Originally Posted by sheldon22 View Post
    i will check this shop to see for myself :-)

    i bought my 1st dslr and faithfully buy all my lenses/accessories with J3:16....in fairness to them, even i was a new "face" to their shop, Sam attended to my queries and patiently explained all i want to know, tho sometimes he really do multi tasking :-) which i understand cos its business!

    but lately, feel the need to switch shop...i think its really a waste of time waiting for them while attending to bunch of other customers

    i think its time to give a try to this shop opposite J3:16


    in my 15 yrs of photographing, I have bought from cathay photo, TCW, Lords, Alan Photo, Paris Slik, MSC , OP but I have never n will never want to buy from John depsite he many positive feedbacks from other people.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •