Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever felt shy taking out your camera infront of other photographers?

Default Re: Ever felt shy taking out your camera infront of other photographers?

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    Train to handhold at shutter speeds of 1/4 and below lo
    That is possible with IS at 1/4 at 28mm.

The best I got is 75mm F4 without IS at 1/13.

Default Re: Ever felt shy taking out your camera infront of other photographers?

Quote Originally Posted by ITphobia View Post
    Haha, I think this problem only occur to ammatures like me.. Do you feel shy when you see other photographers carrying better camera or look more professional in front of you and even made you move to another subject to shoot instead...??

I used to feel that when I first got my DSLR, now not so much... But if someone is carrying freaking large gears, I've got a feeling of getting bullied.. LOL...
    I have, when I was using my ex- 40D. I took it out and a relative said, "Your camera must be quite old, nowadays, the cameras are small and pocketable. No one wants to carry a big camera around......"

Why should u feel shy?

U should feel good. U are using a smaller tool to do the same job!!! LOL!
    I have a near-mint Olympus E-620 Underwater Case for Sale. PM me for a great deal!

shy... sometimes. but if i want to shoot i'll still have to get it out anyways.

there are people who give me snide looks though... maybe cus i'm a girl hahaha

Actually a female photographer has their advantages. When you shot other female or children in the street, you won't be viewed as a pervert/dirty old man.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by midicity View Post
    I have, when I was using my ex- 40D. I took it out and a relative said, "Your camera must be quite old, nowadays, the cameras are small and pocketable. No one wants to carry a big camera around......"

lol your relative veli cute

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    Actually a female photographer has their advantages. When you shot other female or children in the street, you won't be viewed as a pervert/dirty old man.
    赢了咯。。。。。。

Im shy to take out my cam cause i don wan to be viewed as some showoff b**tard around my school mates who uses PnS
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post

Show them your works and am sure they will unsnide(if there's such a word haha).Just
    be yourselves. If there's shyness among DSLR users than I am even worst..still an SLR user
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

Quote Originally Posted by agentxq49 View Post
    赢了咯。。。。。。

Im shy to take out my cam cause i don wan to be viewed as some showoff b**tard around my school mates who uses PnS
    Hahaha, same here... But mostly they will start asking the price of your equipment etc...

LOL, I always pass my camera to my girlfriend during those situations..

Feel shy ? I rather carry all the equipment I need knowing the type of photography and lighting condition for my leisure travel than to be sorry. Capturing moments is the most inportant. Who cares what other think, I am unlikely to visit the place a second time, except for ITALY ! They give me the awkward stare cause I am one of those that looked like going for war. The Chinese are more polite, usually comment like : " Very professional " . Well they didn't see my pics yet , else they faint.

hahaha and models feel safer with females i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by agentxq49 View Post
    赢了咯。。。。。。

HAHAHA that too!! i'm afraid they'll think "aiya act pro... got money to buy dslr etc etc"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeisser View Post
    Show them your works and am sure they will unsnide(if there's such a word haha).Just
    be yourselves. If there's shyness among DSLR users than I am even worst..still an SLR user

i use SLR once in a while too! lol i was an slr user before i saved enough money for my dslr

maybe they just leering at you

There's no shame in taking out a bigger or smaller lens whichever way you look at it.

These days it's just a matter of how long you're willing to save and how much you're willing to spend on photography.

The guy with the bigger camera doesn't mean he's richer or that he's a more pro photographer, it just means he's spent more that's all.
    Canon EOS 66 | Kit Lens | Leung Sheung Wing Chun Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by peapilot View Post
    There's no shame in taking out a bigger or smaller lens whichever way you look at it.

These days it's just a matter of how long you're willing to save and how much you're willing to spend on photography.

The guy with the bigger camera doesn't mean he's richer or that he's a more pro photographer, it just means he's spent more that's all.
    Haha...I agreed with this. I remember the first time I went to help a friend take photos in school. Look around.. Wah...then saw 2 guys with backpack then look at their camera..50D with big lens N flash.. Almost dun feel like taking out My Small 500D kit I... But at the end still took out my 500D n take quite a few nice shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    maybe they just leering at you

more like they thinking "eeyer this girl girl know how to shoot or not... sure very lousy one. aiyo 400D only..."

If their camela bigger than mine then I shy la......If not then not shy lor......

more like they thinking "eeyer this girl girl know how to shoot or not... sure very lousy one. aiyo 400D only..."
    then force pop up the built-in flash and grin at them

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Actually I usually feel the other way around... self conscious because some other photographer will think I know what I'm doing because I have good gear!

Would be nice if people started worrying about feeling shy when they showed their pictures to other photographers, rather than about the gear tho ^.^
    Yah man... especially when someone asks to see your pics... Cannot say no coz then they think you got "pro equipment" and stuck up. But if you show them and the last pic taken happened to be a booboo then its embarrassing.

Whether it is getting "bullied" by pro equipment or getting bullied by "unpro shots" I think it doesn't matter. Your perception determined how you will feel.

Recently i felt uncomfortable seeing people shoot with their kit lenses and without flash at low light. I was having trouble even with my primes at near wideopen aperture. I only dare snap when i felt that subject was about to pause or something like that cos i cant stop the movement. dont want to use flash as i was just shootin for fun and dnt want to irritate the many many people with cameras out there.

time for an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sispecho View Post
    Recently i felt uncomfortable seeing people shoot with their kit lenses and without flash at low light. I was having trouble even with my primes at near wideopen aperture. I only dare snap when i felt that subject was about to pause or something like that cos i cant stop the movement. dont want to use flash as i was just shootin for fun and dnt want to irritate the many many people with cameras out there.

time for an upgrade.
    sispec warriors we are the warriors! lol. charlie company long long time ago.

but why do u feel uncomfortable when they shoot with kit lens and no flash? perhaps they are confident of their handholding at slow shutters etc? or they really bump up ISO?

dont understand why you would feel uncomfortable.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast