Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever felt shy taking out your camera infront of other photographers?

Default Re: Ever felt shy taking out your camera infront of other photographers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Ah the joys of shooting golf :P
    Lol...... That is over extreme.

Default Re: Ever felt shy taking out your camera infront of other photographers?

Like Army soldier in full battle order.... Rifle, pistol, jack knife all on...

For me, I will not feel shy and will attempt to chat with other photographer that uses the same camera brand to ask some thoughs or opinion if they given me some eye contact.
    Was using Prosumer most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post

Wah whoever use this must be super power lah.... so big.

Anyway photography is about taking photo leh, nothing about camera.

BTW mine is Canon must be better than other brand right? People go to war also use canon sure better mah. Some more mine is 1000D must be 1000X better than 1D, no?
    Idea got, execution not!
    APAD|Travelogue

I went for a fashion show abt a month ago. I was using only my entry level camera with a kit lens adn was standing among the bunch of photographers with their professional camera with telephoto lens. They are quite ok with me and we snap with each other throughout the shot and we were really smiling at each other all the time. He even let me have a little more space to stand due to my other side is quite crowded.

So i think in the end is: Attitude

Not the cameras or equipment that rules. All people start out as a amatuer photographer, I think getting proud because of their equipment is not right at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hydroburn249 View Post
    wah ****. got knee pad somore!
    Actually knee pad would be pretty helpful if you find you have to kneel down on the ground a lot...

Feeling shy because others have a better camera? Not really la... I usually snap so many pictures of them, make them feel a bit awkward, like "Why the heck is this noob taking pics of me???"

Quote Originally Posted by ITphobia View Post
    Lol...... That is over extreme.
    Yeah to be fair, that is slightly more excessive than usual.

But shooting golf is annoying as annoying can be. Lots of fast walking with a lot of kit and a lot of kneeling down (hence kneepads) and standing up with a lot of kit. Early start, late finish. Have I mentioned a lot of walking? Fast. Over uneven ground.

The non-professional events are best cause usually you can blag a buggy ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by kkvolution View Post
    I went for a fashion show abt a month ago. I was using only my entry level camera with a kit lens adn was standing among the bunch of photographers with their professional camera with telephoto lens. They are quite ok with me and we snap with each other throughout the shot and we were really smiling at each other all the time. He even let me have a little more space to stand due to my other side is quite crowded.

Not the cameras or equipment that rules. All people start out as a amatuer photographer, I think getting proud because of their equipment is not right at all.

Well said.

I do experience some "pro" photographer that score 0 in attitude - pointing the flash gun in other people's flash and fire and dizzle other Digicam users. Then give the attitude face when people accidentally knock on his white lens. (He is carrying 2 FF with 70-200mm lens I guess)

Don't feel intimidated by any big camera lah. If anyone is really interested in photography, he can't be bothered about what camera you use. He will be more likely to teach than to show attitude.

If one need a big camera to boost ego, then we should all feel sorry for him.
    Idea got, execution not!
    APAD|Travelogue

Quote Originally Posted by soons View Post
    Well said.

I do experience some "pro" photographer that score 0 in attitude - pointing the flash gun in other people's flash and fire and dizzle other Digicam users. Then give the attitude face when people accidentally knock on his white lens. (He is carrying 2 FF with 70-200mm lens I guess)
    Get some people together and fire flash infront of his face...

Like Army soldier in full battle order.... Rifle, pistol, jack knife all on...

For me, I will not feel shy and will attempt to chat with other photographer that uses the same camera brand to ask some thoughs or opinion if they given me some eye contact.
    Was using Prosumer most of the time.
    yah, i totally agree. share pointers!!!
    Nikon D300

I won't discount the facts of situation. I would avoid places where paid photographers may be around as their goal is getting the best shot. It is not a place for inexperience like myself in a competitive situation.

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    Bigger camera? It is not the size that counts. Think of Leica M9, LX3.....

Bigger lens? Primes are smaller than their zoom equivalents.

When I stand at a public urinal, I always take a peek at the one next to me - compare my tool against his. I get an ego boost if mine is bigger.
    my reply to TS is a multiple choice questions.

my detail explanation on this issue is in post #34
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by luna_sea83 View Post
    Yes i am, i feel shy when i see D3/x 1D hanging over their necks with 70-200 attached to it
    Hmmm... get a Leica M9 and fixed on a summicron or summitar. That will make them...

I had the same experience recently. In my first photoshoot, everybody was using dslrs and one caucasian even have a super-duper loooooooooooong lens. I was only using a tiny fz28 - anyways, after a while - it's still a camera.

I had lots of fun, met some cool dudes, took some decent photos and that's what photography is about.

It's making the best out of your equipment and taking memorable photos instead of some fashion parade.
    Panasonic FZ28 Shooter
    flickr

u r so rite on this
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

Yanou, it's funny but I was thinking about the camera "status" as a matter of resistance. Like at the Canon Photo Marathon, I endlessly think about whipping out an obsolete compact camera, then getting a good ranking nonetheless. Sort of a way of proving the point that even very fundamental equipment is perfectly capable of taking on the great big kits...if the photographer is skilled enough. Unfortunately, I'm not personally at that level yet, but I sure as hell wana try =p

i don't really care what other people see...
    it's all about me...
    when i bring my camera out... you know it's like... BOOMZ...

Quote Originally Posted by archlover View Post
    it's all about me...
    Lol, at ur Ris-que comments.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8L | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm II f1.2L | 580EX II

Quote Originally Posted by archlover View Post
    it's all about me...
    And you wanna shoot leopard skin clothings right?

The Few...The PROUD...

Somewhere I read that the size of the equipment (lens) represents a phallic status to males. So the bigger (and longer) your lens, the more "manly" you are.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast