Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3811121314 LastLast

Thread: Ever felt shy taking out your camera infront of other photographers?

Default Re: Ever felt shy taking out your camera infront of other photographers?

Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    i felt shy last sat cause at the venue i was at, all the photographers had really high end lenses. their 1 lens can buy my body and lens + few hundred dollars change.
    If you feel shy then stand next to me. I only use a 1Mpixel Sony Mavica. The image can save to 1.44 Floppy.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Default Re: Ever felt shy taking out your camera infront of other photographers?

Quote Originally Posted by ITphobia View Post
    Haha, I think this problem only occur to ammatures like me.. Do you feel shy when you see other photographers carrying better camera or look more professional in front of you and even made you move to another subject to shoot instead...??

I used to feel that when I first got my DSLR, now not so much... But if someone is carrying freaking large gears, I've got a feeling of getting bullied.. LOL...
    During NDP this year, my friend brought his micro 4/3 system and wants to capture fireworks. He saw this guy who is using big gun pro-looking equipments. Therefore he wanted to see his setting for taking fireworks. GUESS WHAT?? THAT PERSON SETS TO AUTO MODE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    crude but apt analogy.

and because i dun like ppl staring, i always use the cubicle. so weird cause it looks like bloody gays looking at each other's ......
    But i tot in army u see everything liao....

These should be the truly big guns, albeit astrophotography is not your run-of-the-mill telephoto photography like F1, wildlife, sports.

Some of the smaller/entry level setups. There's a dSLR at the end there, the other is a dedicated imager. (some are actively cooled)

One of the bigger tripods (as thick asthe guy's huge limbs)

16" 40cm objective diameter RC scope + some other crazy stuff

Clearer view with human for relative size
    Last edited by 2100; 12th October 2010 at 11:34 PM.

Handheld

Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk View Post
    When I check my shot, and there is other photographers nearby, I cover my lcd until only i can see.
    I was EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!! Damn Shy siah....

Quote Originally Posted by chicklit View Post
    I remembered when shooting with my buddy on the Botanical Garden.
    Then a youngster came; with big camera, grip, those white lens, and flash (attached to something), with bulky backpack (saw tripod there).
    A bit stunt to see this kind of "professional".
    Then this guy is shot, his flash point to nowhere.
    Now we are really stunned, my buddy whispering to my ear, "This guy should bring his own wall for bouncing"
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

I still feel shy after re-picking up this hobby!!! Some of my colleagues at work used to mock at my set-up when I was using my 450D with Kit-Lens.... Just 3 mths back, someone said to me that he will loan me his better camera than my 40D...And i told him I dont know how to use a FF, he said, "No, its 7D..." I was like....DUH?!?!?!?!
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    i felt shy last sat cause at the venue i was at, all the photographers had really high end lenses. their 1 lens can buy my body and lens + few hundred dollars change.
    Stand next to me lah, I still using film. Yours can probably buy 2 of mine

I still use my A100 and KM7D in addition to my A850.

Once I asked my wife who was with me at botanic gardens to pose for a shot. And just before I took the shot with the A850, I put it down and used our Sanyo 7.1mp PNS to take the shot. We did that just to see the reaction from two gear hogs who had been following us.

Canon 1000D with a white L lens at Botanic gardens? Show piece or real photography? Better still, lens cap still on?

Forgot about feeling shy. Those who matter won't mind and those who mind don't matter.

maybe all the big camera brand should have this policy licensed photographer then can get all those real pro camera, if not all laymen also can buy these camera but can't bring out their full potential, to me its a disgrace to the camera falling into the hands of just pure layman who has money but no pure appreciation and knowledge. I felt its like a Rose put on a pile of ****....erm translate that in chinese then. Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Biocell View Post
    maybe all the big camera brand should have this policy licensed photographer then can get all those real pro camera, if not all laymen also can buy these camera but can't bring out their full potential, to me its a disgrace to the camera falling into the hands of just pure layman who has money but no pure appreciation and knowledge. I felt its like a Rose put on a pile of ****....erm translate that in chinese then. Oops!
    They are profit driven company.... they will not restrict their income like this.....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

ya i feel shy too coz i use a full frame and i do not maximise its full potential. worried about kpo busybods suggesting superfluous remarks.

Even i got a latest model of DSLR ??...I will Still Salute with the old one!!! They are veterans...
    Nikon D90*Nikor18-105mmVRII * Nikor 35mm F1.8G * Nikkor 55-300mm * SB600 * T17-50mm F2.8 VC*

Blog Entries

Then I die liao.... I shot ALL images at THIS EVENT with a Panny G10 + kit lens LOL !!!
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Then I die liao.... I shot ALL images at THIS EVENT with a Panny G10 + kit lens LOL !!!

Patek camera....

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    If you feel shy then stand next to me. I only use a 1Mpixel Sony Mavica. The image can save to 1.44 Floppy.

Eh your website says you use a D700.....
    Olympian

Quote Originally Posted by Biocell View Post
    Sounds like you are really sour and mind what other people are carrying around them ..

I never realised that there so many S.A.M. set up like this before.....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

One of my fav sayings guys...

In the hands of a novice swordsman, a 'treasure' sword can be no better than a piece of junk...

In the hands of a master swordsman, a kitchen knife can be a 'killer' weapon...

Then again, I only look at other people's cameras to see their settings and if I can improve my own skills by copying theirs, even better, I certainly dun feel shy...

I'm 'just' using an entry level SLR but I dun suffer from 'gear' envy or feel paiseh or anything, to each his own...
    Last edited by BountyHunter; 14th October 2010 at 08:19 PM.
    A picture tells a thousand words, and I'm very tired of typing...

Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    Handheld
    Wah I bet this guy uses his tummy to stabilise for his shots

I think no matter what camera you use, big or small, it's all about using what you have to get the best shot you can. Like what many others have said, it's not the size, its how you use it
    Nikon D90, Golden Half, Otama

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3811121314 LastLast