Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 271011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ever felt shy taking out your camera infront of other photographers?

Default Re: Ever felt shy taking out your camera infront of other photographers?

Quote Originally Posted by Treetrunk View Post
    Wow! How do hand-carry this on a plane?
    if i had a camera this huge, i would MAKE IT A PLANE ALSO!

Default Re: Ever felt shy taking out your camera infront of other photographers?

I'm not shy about taking my DSLR out for a shoot since everyone has one these days and almost everywhere i went, there will be a few with DSLRs and some are even larger than mine. Once you are focused in getting the pictures, you don't really care so much since by then you will be so engrossed in whatever you are trying to shoot. Though there are people who will take a second look if you are carrying a DSLR instead of a compact cos' that's what i experienced...

Quote Originally Posted by yutaka go View Post
    don't worry about people knocking into you.
    When you carry camera as big as this, everyone will know you are crazy

the last thing they want is to stand close to a crazy person
    lolllll dam cool!
    Canon 550D Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 HSM OS | 50mm f1.8 II | 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS | Di622 | BP-550D

I guess I am most stress out (not shy) whipping out digital cams (DSLR, PnS, etc) in the prescence of film users.

Despite advancement in tech, these dudes chugging out their 4/3, medium formats, SLRs, box cams, etc, and doing long exposures of fireflies are the real deal. Although I dont trade much words with them, the disapproval look that they gave each time I checked the LCD gave me a reason to believe that I am no where near their level with respect to photography skill.

Besides, their age and battered gear probably been thru more than I can imagine.

No doubt photoshop wizardry can perform magic, these folks here in Japan multi-expose long exposures on 1 frame of the film...pure professionals at work.

But chatting up with them would usually open up an invaluable lesson on the vast world of photography, "To each his own..." was what they said.

Photography is about enjoying the process and be comfortable with our set ups since we can never keep up with advancement in technology. Here's one of my most respected photographer who shot Al Gore with a Holga have to say...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...per/010706.htm

i just dont like when some people just keeps staring at your camera when they have a big gun (me using canon 450 with Kit lens)..
    at if i cant take pics without the big guns.....
    OLympus EP3 17mm..

I shoot film and I shoot digital... a lot of my pictures are technically imperfect, well, its just fun between me & my camera so nothing to shy about
    Its just a box ... ... [ Ō ▀ ]

Why bother about others???

Just whip your camera out... whatever it maybe, and shoot and enjoy the fun...
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

i almost always feel shy when using my S90 .. the size is so diminutive..

but after snap-to-raw then PP .. ok la... as long as i happy + the photos make others happy can liao.

Blog Entries

When I check my shot, and there is other photographers nearby, I cover my lcd until only i can see.

haha..i drive out my kia to orchard also abit paiseh..because there will definately be some ferrari, lamborghini on the road during weekends..

haha... its like why some men simply refused to use the urinal, so how? (sorry for the crude analogy!)
    Its just a box ... ... [ Ō ▀ ]

Quote Originally Posted by newghost View Post
    haha... its like why some men simply refused to use the urinal, so how? (sorry for the crude analogy!)
    People will simply die if they stop comparing!!!!! hahaha.......

As long as it is functional, I will use..... I am referring to the camera..... regardless of it being a small pns or dslr... just that I do not like to use my pns cos it is pink color, I am a guy..... (pns was from lucky draw... so cannot change color)...... Does anyone know if we can change case color??? Maybe I should just gaffer the PNS....
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 9th October 2010 at 03:40 PM.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    Maybe I should just gaffer the PNS....
    Wah, seriously?? LOL

I remember some time ago, someone said something abt the increase in DSLR here...something about, soon, everyone will be carrying a ladder and a large format around orchard road...lol!!

Blog Entries

haha... Its like why some men simply refused to use the urinal, so how? (sorry for the crude analogy!)
    hahahaha wth!!

Blog Entries

crude but apt analogy.

and because i dun like ppl staring, i always use the cubicle. so weird cause it looks like bloody gays looking at each other's ......

I feel shy too when I use Emails and my neighbour uses the pigeon to deliver their mail...

If the bigger the camera means more powerful then this guy takes the cake as his ENTIRE TRUCK is his camera. LOL !

http://stateoftheart.popphoto.com/bl...he-camera.html

i felt shy last sat cause at the venue i was at, all the photographers had really high end lenses. their 1 lens can buy my body and lens + few hundred dollars change.

I remembered when shooting with my buddy on the Botanical Garden.
    Then a youngster came; with big camera, grip, those white lens, and flash (attached to something), with bulky backpack (saw tripod there).
    A bit stunt to see this kind of "professional".
    Then this guy is shot, his flash point to nowhere.
    Now we are really stunned, my buddy whispering to my ear, "This guy should bring his own wall for bouncing"
    400D(RIP) | 50D | Sigma 12-24 F4.5-5.6 | Sigma 24-70 F2.8 HSM | Sigma 70-200 F2.8 HSM | NEX 5N+18-55

人生最大的敌人是自己..

eng translate : The greatest enemy in your life is yourself.

Just shoot and don't care about what other people look at you..
    Alpha

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 271011121314 LastLast