Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever felt shy taking out your camera infront of other photographers?

Default Re: Ever felt shy taking out your camera infront of other photographers?

if attending an event (eg: D&D, sch function and etc) if there is pro photographer hire and i dont feel that taking those picture is needed i will not take out my cam to snap (if i feel my skill is only beginner). If i feel is needed i will take out to snap cause it is my cam, my picture and i love them. It is good to gather feel back from that photographer to judge whether it is a good take anot. What for buy a expensive cam, bring to the event and dont use it.
    capture the moment of life

Default Re: Ever felt shy taking out your camera infront of other photographers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wMaN View Post
    if attending an event (eg: D&D, sch function and etc) if there is pro photographer hire and i dont feel that taking those picture is needed i will not take out my cam to snap (if i feel my skill is only beginner). If i feel is needed i will take out to snap cause it is my cam, my picture and i love them. It is good to gather feel back from that photographer to judge whether it is a good take anot. What for buy a expensive cam, bring to the event and dont use it.
    You will approach official photographer to ask him for feedback on your photo..?

i will not approch them, but if they kpo than of cause i will be more than happy to share.
    capture the moment of life

Not really...probably because i have not been put to the test yet.
    Photography is not learned in a day's time. Camera:Fujifilm Prosumer Camera S2500HD

Quote Originally Posted by Variodical View Post
    well I do feel a bit shy during school events when I'm shooting..

the "professional" photographer the school engages (despite all the student photographers like me) uses a higher-range Canon model (7D or 5D Mk II , can't really tell) with a whole assortment of white L telephoto lenses, while I use a 40D with the kit lenses, 18-55 and 55-250.

I do feel rather inferior, but then its not a contest of who has the better camera, its about the photos. So as the "professional" stood around like a statue, I ran around shooting from the best angle and trying out the settings. I didn't let richer people lower my morale, and at the end of the day still produced great photos which the teacher accepted.
    haha cool! wow ur school has the cash to hire a pro for school events? o.o and a 40D?!?!?!? mine's using 350D and 20D LOL
    Canon 550D Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 HSM OS | 50mm f1.8 II | 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS | Di622 | BP-550D

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wMaN View Post
    agreed, its the photographer that matters. give a pro a 1000D and he can still produce excellent photos. give a noob a 1D MkIV and u will most likely get crap (provided the cam doesnt spoil first ^^)

but i feel a sense of pride in the photos i take. if i managed to get my hands on the photos taken by the event photographer, i dun feel the ownership than if i took the photos myself. same goes for when both me and the event photographer take pictures, i usually end up separating them cos i dun wanna mix up my shots from other ppl shots.

i juz realised i revived a thread :P
    Canon 550D Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 HSM OS | 50mm f1.8 II | 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS | Di622 | BP-550D

Maybe I'm just thick skin...I'll juz give him a friendly grin and I'll do my own stuffs...if he is kind enough to share with me, I am always glad for a chat...No shy...rather no shame
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Somehow I always bump into photographers who are using 1Ds with L lenses to boot!

just ask ur self this question,
    " do u have balls?''

Quote Originally Posted by flintflameinferno View Post
    just ask ur self this question,
    " do u have balls?''
    dont see what has this got to do with the subject.
    esp if the photographer is a female..

Quote Originally Posted by syc77 View Post
    lol, u're right, never think of it..apologize

Haha got balls to apologise? ^^

^ yeah, to her...

Quote Originally Posted by syc77 View Post
    Females got balls also what, they are known as ovaries.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Dunno, I once saw a pretty tourist carrying a 5d (not sure mk 1 or 2) taking pictures with sunglasses on. Probably not her cam or maybe she has one heck of a sharp eye to compensate for the light.

Quote Originally Posted by clioboy View Post
    like guys who are shy when using the urinal in a crowded toilet?

pls..take yr shot and be jolly make sure u get everything right.. haha..
    Are you kidding? There are maniacs who actually really stare at your rod when they piss. I used to feel tiny whenever I take out my P&S in a crowd but now I kill them with my D--- & D---
    Photography? It's all in your mind...

Quote Originally Posted by fatigue View Post
    I remember one incident (during the film days), me and my dad were shooting a wedding. We were a bit insecure with one of the guest who has a very expensive camera.

In the middle of the ceremony, the guest approached me and said: " Can you help me change the film?"
    lucky he didn't ask you :"for this camera, press where ar?"
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    Sometimes what many people feel is the ego. Funny thing is that when you bring out a pns to shoot an event, those boys with the big guns would just give you a cursory glance and edge you off your spot. But the moment, you switch the pns for a DSLR, they could not help but try to befriend you and ask about your gear especially the whale tail, the hammer head and etc. More heads turn the moment you whip out the 600mm tele. Funny behaviour but it seems everyone is only comparing the specs and not the skills.
    But you could say a photog with skill earns big bucks and thus get big lenses
    Buy Film Not Megapixels

do you feel proud when you take out your tool at the urinals?

^ execelent point..

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast