Thread: Tri Stage Collapsible Lens Hood

Default Tri Stage Collapsible Lens Hood

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone have used the above lens hood before. Please share whether is it advisable to get one...thanks!

Default Re: Tri Stage Collapsible Lens Hood

I can't tell you if it's advisable, because I have no idea what lenses you have, how you use them, under what conditions nor what subjects you shoot more, but I can share that the Hoya ones with the red ring () works well and is very durable under normal circumstances.

Saw that the hoya lens hood has no front mount and thus snap-on lens cap are unable to be used. How do counter this disadvantage?
    Last edited by prec85; 30th October 2009 at 11:56 AM.
    Canon 7D | 50mm F1.4 | Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX HSM | Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM

Quote Originally Posted by prec85 View Post
    Saw that the hoya lens hood has no front mount and thus snap-on lens cap are unable to be used. How do counter this disadvantage?
    By having a lens hood! - With a lens hood on you don't need to worry about lens cap anymore.
    My Hoya rubber hoods can take the cap still. Either it's an earlier model or the descriptions on some websites are inaccurate.
    EOS

Can share where did u get it from? thanks.
    Canon 7D | 50mm F1.4 | Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX HSM | Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM

I got mine from MS Color. Checked again with my lens caps. The 58mm original Canon lens cap works well, also OEM center pinch lens cap from OP. But the 67mm hood is built slightly differently, here the original Tamron lens cap doesn't work but again the 67mm OEM cap from OP works well. You might need to try with your lens cap before buying. But then again: with a hood the lens cap becomes redundant.
    EOS