Thread: Is Aperture recommended for iMac users compared to Lightroom/CS4?

Default Is Aperture recommended for iMac users compared to Lightroom/CS4?

Hi guys.... I'm a new user who will be getting an iMac. Just wondering if it's recommended to buy the Aperture software if say I already intend to have Lightroom and CS4 on it.

Thanks....

Default Re: Is Aperture recommended for iMac users compared to Lightroom/CS4?

I don't believe you'll gain an advantage just because Aperture is Mac OS X-only software. The only advantage I've seen is the integration with iLife and iWork.

Then again, I don't use Lightroom or Aperture. I use Phase One Capture One on Mac OS X.

See whether you can get a trial version, similar to Lightroom. Try it and make your own decision what works best for you.
    EOS

Lightroom works just fine on iMac, no problem
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

Blog Entries

why have both aperture and lightroom

try them out and choose one

I never use aperture before
    but i use lightroom to organizing my photos on my iMac

tried both - prefer LR2...

Tried both also, i can't get aperture to expose a particular area but for lightroom i can.

still find aperture is easier and better to use but once aperture library gets huge, lag comes into your way..

Aperture is very hardware intensive, so you need to have a beefy machine. (Ram and speedy dedicated graphic card.)