Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trembling hands

Default Re: Trembling hands

My hand trembling too, possble too much caffeinated drinks, or most of the time over straining or over grip the camera.. sometime to hold it steady against my chest and holding my breath too long....my hand will shake....haha!! so take it easy, hold your cam but don't over tighten the grip, just brace against your chest, breath normal.

Go see a doc to ease off the worry

Take care!

My hand trembling too, but after met my gf..... she was very supportive of me. So i seldom handhold it and temble. Now my hand no longer trembling any my eyesight seem to improves too~~!
    Share ur hobby and i'm sure u can overcome it. Cheers!
    Just shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Binzento View Post
    Hi spheredome, i tried tucking my hands to my chest and keeping my arms close to my body, but still will tremble. Think i have weak arms, so i guess i have to start doing push ups and some dumb bell training
    Binzeto...if you have already tucked your hands to your chest and kept your arms close to your body and you still tremble then it is not weak arms/hands. Some people encounter it as it has something to do with the nerves.

Seriously, this forum is not the proper place to be double guessing your under lying issues. I too have weak arms but my hands do not tremble despite drinking 12 cups of coffee everyday. See your family doctor and get a proper diagnosis than to wonder everyday what is wrong with your hands. Early detection = complete cure. Late detection = no cure. You know the drill.

That's my two cents worth.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by LenzLaw View Post
    Drink red bull? ...... Just joking ......

Trembling hands might be a genetic problem and not necessarily strenght related, consult ur doctor if u find it a big problem. But try not to let it affect u too much though......

Anyway, if u wanna minimise the effect of the trembling u may wanna try resting ur shooting arm against the front of ur body. In my case it eliminates much of the handshake.

Worst come to worst, u can always buy more VR lenses lor......
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotophilic View Post
    the hand that gives support to the camera should not be the one holding the grip and pressing the shutter (right hand). the main hand that gives support should be the hand which supports the body and lens (left hand). its very normal to tremble a bit becoz you are moving your fingers on that hand, and this effect will be amplified if you are literally "holding the camera" with your right hand.

i suggest you try to shift your supportive hand from right to left.

and last thing is don't hold your camera too firm. relax.
    Quote Originally Posted by kodkod32 View Post
    My hand trembling too, possble too much caffeinated drinks, or most of the time over straining or over grip the camera.. sometime to hold it steady against my chest and holding my breath too long....my hand will shake....haha!! so take it easy, hold your cam but don't over tighten the grip, just brace against your chest, breath normal.

Go see a doc to ease off the worry

Take care!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutesperm View Post
    My hand trembling too, but after met my gf..... she was very supportive of me. So i seldom handhold it and temble. Now my hand no longer trembling any my eyesight seem to improves too~~!
    Share ur hobby and i'm sure u can overcome it. Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    Binzeto...if you have already tucked your hands to your chest and kept your arms close to your body and you still tremble then it is not weak arms/hands. Some people encounter it as it has something to do with the nerves.

Seriously, this forum is not the proper place to be double guessing your under lying issues. I too have weak arms but my hands do not tremble despite drinking 12 cups of coffee everyday. See your family doctor and get a proper diagnosis than to wonder everyday what is wrong with your hands. Early detection = complete cure. Late detection = no cure. You know the drill.

That's my two cents worth.
    Hi guys, think i will go my to company doctor next week to get a diagnosis. Hope there is nothing wrong with me, keeping my fingers cross. Will update again after visiting the doctor. Also would like to thanks everyone for your concern and advice

the hand that gives support to the camera should not be the one holding the grip and pressing the shutter (right hand). the main hand that gives support should be the hand which supports the body and lens (left hand). its very normal to tremble a bit becoz you are moving your fingers on that hand, and this effect will be amplified if you are literally "holding the camera" with your right hand.

i suggest you try to shift your supportive hand from right to left.

and last thing is don't hold your camera too firm. relax.
    Save your $ from the witchdoctors, Sin seh or whatever physiotherapist.

I totally agreed with Fotophilic. The left hand should also be tuck into the body for more support and stability and the cam is sitting/resting nicely on your left palm. The right hand is gently holding , not firm gripping, & index finger on the shutter button, that way less trembling

Reminds me of the golf grip. Same principle-Too firm a grip the ball fly everywhere but straight. Relax grip it went 300yrd

Quote Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
    Save your $ from the witchdoctors, Sin seh or whatever physiotherapist.

I totally agreed with Fotophilic. The left hand should also be tuck into the body for more support and stability and the cam is sitting/resting nicely on your left palm. The right hand is gently holding , not firm gripping, & index finger on the shutter button, that way less trembling

Reminds me of the golf grip. Same principle-Too firm a grip the ball fly everywhere but straight. Relax grip it went 300yrd
    My Dear DrSpock...

This guy's hands are trembling even when not holding a camera. With a firm grip, your hands do not tremble. Trembling is not a good sign for a young man in his early thirties. After you rule out all probabilities, whatever outcome you obtain, however improbable is sure to be the answer.

Lets hope it's nothing serious.

Hi guys, think i will go my to company doctor next week to get a diagnosis. Hope there is nothing wrong with me, keeping my fingers cross. Will update again after visiting the doctor. Also would like to thanks everyone for your concern and advice
    U can tried seeing doctor. Anyway, it's free. Not to discourage u, it's no use one unless u got Parkinson's Disease which I am very very doubtful. U can be cured ( told by a doctor ) if I am not mistaken but it's really not cheap as what the doctor say. And he asked me why do I want to bother if it's not affecting my daily life ?

I had 1 friend hand also trembling. He did not notice himself until told by one old man when eating in a coffee shop.

He told me something about the blood circulation & went to see a chinese doctor. Now, ok already.

Sometime, one should not bother so much & just take it easy. The more u bother, the worst it will be.

I got friends critisize me for my hand trembling but so what ? Do u think they are immortal ?

Note that some medicine will caused this problem.
    Last edited by Jeremy1; 31st October 2009 at 07:08 AM.

Hi guys, i went to my company doctor just now. He says my hands are fine and a bit of shakiness is common. Just that i got weak muscles. Ask me to exercise. He got me to do the hold a pen and stretch out my arm test. Asking him why i tremble when taking shoots with my cam, he says that most probably when i try to stop my hands from swaying/shaking, i exert more strength in my hold, grip and keeping my arms close to my body, so my muscles got tired while i took a longer time with aiming and trying to stop the sway/shake therefore resulting in the slight tremble. So when i got home, i ask my sister to observe my hold and grip on the camera when i aim, and it was as what the doctor says. Now all i need to do is strengthen my muscles so they don't tired out that easily.

Hi guys, i went to my company doctor just now. He says my hands are fine and a bit of shakiness is common. Just that i got weak muscles. Ask me to exercise. He got me to do the hold a pen and stretch out my arm test. Asking him why i tremble when taking shoots with my cam, he says that most probably when i try to stop my hands from swaying/shaking, i exert more strength in my hold, grip and keeping my arms close to my body, so my muscles got tired while i took a longer time with aiming and trying to stop the sway/shake therefore resulting in the slight tremble. So when i got home, i ask my sister to observe my hold and grip on the camera when i aim, and it was as what the doctor says. Now all i need to do is strengthen my muscles so they don't tired out that easily.
    Thank God, nothing too serious.
    Actually i also got trembling hands when i was young. But it seems to have lessen when i grow older as nowadays i exercise more often. Ya, your doctor is prob right then.
    Happy shooting and working out.
    cameras are not made of tofu

Hi Binzento...

We are happy for you. So it seems there's no problem after all. Take more photos...we love to see them here.

Take care buddy.

Hurray that you are OK. Go for more alkaline food & time to hit the GYM

Thank God, nothing too serious.
    Actually i also got trembling hands when i was young. But it seems to have lessen when i grow older as nowadays i exercise more often. Ya, your doctor is prob right then.
    Happy shooting and working out.
    Hi Fotophilic, tks. I'll certainly have fun shooting. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    Hi Binzento...

We are happy for you. So it seems there's no problem after all. Take more photos...we love to see them here.

Take care buddy.
    Hi hotwork77, tks. I'll post some photos in the future ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
    Hurray that you are OK. Go for more alkaline food & time to hit the GYM
    Hi DrSpock, tks. I've brought a pair of handgripper and is currently planning on doing some arms exercises to strengthen my arms ^_^

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123