Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trembling hands

Default Re: Trembling hands

Quote Originally Posted by sebianos View Post
    Looks pretty all right to me. Not sure about VR but Panasonic OIS tends to reduce camera shake up to 3 stops. Perhaps, you can look into playing with the ISO / Aperture / Shutterspeed. For me, the end result is most important and there's always unsharp mask.

Also, I think it's a misconception that every photo taken by photographers is razor sharp. Or that every image is a winner. Go look through some mags like Practical Photography - and you'll see that the photographer probably shot about 30 shots and end up with one; which is that post-processed.

Go easy on yourself, it's when you start thinking and putting too much pressure on yourself that hands tremble more. Just enjoy the process of capturing moments.

All the best, do your best to build a stronger body.

To ricleo: Urm... as for coffee, yes it's a lot. But I love my coffee too much. My bad
    Hi sebianos, i do expect everyone of my shots to be sharp. Cause i don't want to have a blurred photo of a special moment. Guess i'm expecting too much of myself.

Quote Originally Posted by sojourn88 View Post
    hi bizento
    take note of trembling hands .if u stretch out your arms horizontally infront at shoulder height and there is trembling, it could be a medical problem of thyroid.go see a doctor,most likely he will order a bloodtest to do a thyroid screen. seek medical help soon.
    trembling hands is the first signs of thyroid problem and is treatable so dont worry just go see a doc. other signs are perspiring easily alot,weight loss,and bulging eyes although these symptons maynot appear at once.
    Hi sojourn88, i have tried stretching my hands out yesterday to observe for any tremble, didn't notice any extreme trembling, seems to be more shaky, i'm not able to stretch out my hand for long though as my arms starts to burn and ache in less than a minute. Ask my sister and my dad to try it out, and their hands were equally shaky.

But i think on the safe side i'll will ask the doctor to check on me the next time i see one.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjinnete Ross View Post
    Go see a doctor.
    Hi Anjinnete, i'll ask the doctor to check on me the next time i see one.

U are not alone.

Sometimes, it's lied in your family's gene. My hand is also the same for years. I had seen quite a number of doctors but already given up. My father's side all of them have the same problem. But does it really matter if it did not affect your daily life ?

Practise make perfect that's what I believed. You can overcome it. Human are not perfect & that's why a tripod is needed sometimes.

A bit of shake is common & doubt it's will affect the IQ that's much ?

If photography is your passion, I believed you must do it.

A strong will can overcome everything.
    Last edited by Jeremy1; 29th October 2009 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1 View Post
    U are not alone.

Practise make perfect that's what I believed. You can overcome it. Human are not perfect & that's why a tripod is needed sometimes.

Jeremy, I like your attitude.
    Panasonic FZ28 Shooter
    flickr

Apart from trying to find out the cause of the trembling, try not to use a shutter speed that is too low for handholding, and in ur case might even require a slightly higher speed. And of course tripod when needed.

I dun have the most steady hands so I never push my luck with lower shutter speeds

Ryan

For hands to tremble at the start is common.
    That's why I choose Oly with in-body IS.

U are not alone.

Sometimes, it's lied in your family's gene. My hand is also the same for years. I had seen quite a number of doctors but already given up. My father's side all of them have the same problem. But does it really matter if it did not affect your daily life ?

Hi Jeremy1. Tks, you really inspiring me to overcome my problem. Going to practice whenever i have the time. I really like photography, capturing the beauty of this world, taking lots of memorable pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Apart from trying to find out the cause of the trembling, try not to use a shutter speed that is too low for handholding, and in ur case might even require a slightly higher speed. And of course tripod when needed.

I dun have the most steady hands so I never push my luck with lower shutter speeds

Ryan
    Hi giantcanopy, tks for the advice, will take note of it when i practice tonight after work. Guess i'll have to increase the ISO. The picture i posted previously was taken indoors at night under fluorscent light with ISO 1600, hopefully i don't have to go higher than that, or else i will have alot of noise.. sigh..

Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    For hands to tremble at the start is common.
    That's why I choose Oly with in-body IS.
    Hi shaoken, sure hope that hands tremble at the start is common. I'm now like a mad man, asking my colleagues and friends to hold a pen and stretch out their arms to see if their hands will tremble/shake like mine

Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post

Try tuck your hands to your chest and up your shoulder. Try not to hold with your wrist halfway as it will cause you to use hold with your muscle which tremble.

There is no perfect stable but some people will tremble more than others. Fats and skinny person will be different too.

Argeeing with u that people who are big in the arms and/or chest areas have a lot of naturally occuring shock dampering substance. So better start pumping irons or eat more

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    Argeeing with u that people who are big in the arms and/or chest areas have a lot of naturally occuring shock dampering substance. So better start pumping irons or eat more
    Hi kiwitan, think strengthing my muscles would be better than eating more, i don't want to get over weight

I mean .... really get the the light gym glove when you use the cam, it help to firm and stable the finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Binzento View Post

Hi spheredome, tks for the info, will check it out if i decide to hit the gym ^_^
    Last edited by spheredome; 30th October 2009 at 12:16 AM.

U are not alone.

Yup I am born with trembling hands also. I work out regularly in the Gym for the past 2 years to strengthen the muscle and it did improve by 50%. Photographers with no trembling problem can shoot as slow as 1/30s but for me shooting at 1/60s I got about 70% sharp photos and almost 100% at 1/120s with good breathing techniques.
    ?

Not enough sleep?

Maybe arm power not strong...

In the army, when we go for our shooting range, we are reminded to control our breathing before we squeeze the trigger..

Does this apply to our shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    I mean .... really get the the light gym glove when you use the cam, it help to firm and stable the finger.
    Hi spheredome, guess i misunderstood your previous post . So the gloves provides better grip right?

Quote Originally Posted by MARTIN1023 View Post
    Yup I am born with trembling hands also. I work out regularly in the Gym for the past 2 years to strengthen the muscle and it did improve by 50%. Photographers with no trembling problem can shoot as slow as 1/30s but for me shooting at 1/60s I got about 70% sharp photos and almost 100% at 1/120s with good breathing techniques.
    Hi martin1023, whats are the stations do you work out on in the gym? And what muscle groups do you work on?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuyota View Post
    Not enough sleep?

Maybe arm power not strong...

In the army, when we go for our shooting range, we are reminded to control our breathing before we squeeze the trigger..

Does this apply to our shooting?
    Hi Mitsuyta, i'm definitely not getting enough sleep during working days... And my arms are pretty weak, i can't even do 1 chin up now, and doing 20 push up is like the most i can do now.

From what i have read and heard so far shooting a camera is pretty much the same as shooting a rifle. But from the way i see it, our rifles has a butt to press against our shoulder for better stability, while a camera doesn't. So personally i find firing a rifle easier

For sure strength / stamina will help. Must be a common issue as there is IS & VR...
    Learning DSLR control http://stormtrigger.blogspot.com/

Drink red bull? ...... Just joking ......

Trembling hands might be a genetic problem and not necessarily strenght related, consult ur doctor if u find it a big problem. But try not to let it affect u too much though......

Anyway, if u wanna minimise the effect of the trembling u may wanna try resting ur shooting arm against the front of ur body. In my case it eliminates much of the handshake.

Worst come to worst, u can always buy more VR lenses lor......

Mind over body, Take Vitamin B & Exercise More should help.

Maybe can take up TaiChi...

it's quite a relief to find out that i'm not alone with this problem..
    shakehands to all shakyhands..hi

Train your forearms and wrist.

No need to go to the gym to do this.

Hold your arms out straight in front of you, clench your fists and open them up fast and hard. Repeat the opening part.

I remember some people train air-rifle/pistols players like that. It was useful for me. Might work for you too.

The light training gloves was designed to prevent injury when carry weights and better grip but the firm I imply is not grip but rather the lycra which tightens the knuckles area thus creating a similar to knee band (you need to buy the right size) effect.

Hi spheredome, guess i misunderstood your previous post . So the gloves provides better grip right?

Hi martin1023, whats are the stations do you work out on in the gym? And what muscle groups do you work on?

Hi Mitsuyta, i'm definitely not getting enough sleep during working days... And my arms are pretty weak, i can't even do 1 chin up now, and doing 20 push up is like the most i can do now.

From what i have read and heard so far shooting a camera is pretty much the same as shooting a rifle. But from the way i see it, our rifles has a butt to press against our shoulder for better stability, while a camera doesn't. So personally i find firing a rifle easier
    sometimes i do have this problem too. Maybe it is all in the mind for me perhaps...

I will normally have this problem maybe like few hours after shooting, but i normally rest and maybe go eat something..

Agree that lack of sleep does play a part in the performance of the bodily system. You will feel tired.

Just try to go for some exercises like running to improve on stamina and maybe doing some wrist strengthening exercises..

Hi guys, just want to check if anyone has ever encounter this problem. When i'm practicing to shot using a Nikon DX 35mm f/1.8 lens on my D5000, my hands will sometimes tremble when i hold down the shutter button while trying to keep my hands steady after focusing. My hold on the camera was firm, and my breathing technique was correct. Is there any explanation for this problem that i'm facing? The only reason i can think of is that my arms ain't use to the weight of the cam. Any other possibilities besides that?
    the hand that gives support to the camera should not be the one holding the grip and pressing the shutter (right hand). the main hand that gives support should be the hand which supports the body and lens (left hand). its very normal to tremble a bit becoz you are moving your fingers on that hand, and this effect will be amplified if you are literally "holding the camera" with your right hand.

i suggest you try to shift your supportive hand from right to left.

and last thing is don't hold your camera too firm. relax.
    cameras are not made of tofu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast