Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuzzy LCD screen

I tried taking some snap shot and the pix it's okay. It's just the LCD screen.

Wah lau ling.. nv jio me go!

Got problem just call me
    Canon Lover :)

Originally posted by Klause
    Wah lau ling.. nv jio me go!

Got problem just call me
    Thot buy new one shld be pretty safe mah.... how I know it will turn out like that? sighed...

Nvm lar Wan me to check it out for u? Call me if you need help, u got my num.
    Canon Lover :)

guess its LCD got prob liao lor

Hmmm... mine seem to have the similar problem, LCD look very noisy when low light, taking short and preview no problem. Taking movie (with table lamp on), look noisy too unless i on my ceiling light then look ok. Not sure is that normal for all A40.

ixus330 also like that..

must be from some 3rd class, child labour LCD manufacturing plant

u mean u see lines across the screen??

i think it is normal lar.....it is call is streaking...last time my sony 707 also have this....and it is stated in the manual somemore....

refer to this post that i posted in dpreview last time....

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read....essage=1731138
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

aiya for canon is like dat lo... my pro90is oso same case.. at 1st i tot something wrong coz my previous sony dsc-p1 wasn't like dat.. but i realised that my sony if put to "night" mode the LCD preview becomes like slow motion.. maybe for canon's case to prevent the slow motion effect they decided to raise the sensetivity of the CCD during low light conditions lo... thus u get the noisy fuzzy LCD preview...

comments?

Have got two colleagues to check and they say it's 'normal', under some light, the screen looks okay. Well, I just hv to accept the screen IS like that.

maybe some other users of this cam can comment on this?

any other canon owners would like to share their experiences?

It IS suppose to be like that... The LCD image is a real time image of, for example 12 frames per second, that will mean the camera is taking something like 1/12 second exposures and showing them one after another (May not be accurate just trying to explain the technical requirement to achieve a motion image) Under low light conditions, the camera need to bo0st the gain/ Electronically amplifies the signals from the CCD to show what its seeing, 1/12 second exposure is not going to show you anything in low lighting conditions, ( e.g house hold lamp indoor at night) the amplification results in amplification of the noise and stuff, so you end up with a fuzzy LCD in real time... What sony does I believe is to reduce the frame rate, this causes things to be in slow motion but they won't need to amplify so much as they have more time in between frame to capture light.

Hee Hee, Ling theres nothing wrong with it... take a picture, and preview it, under preview mode it should not be fuzzy... Now try to capture in movie mode... the movie is going to be fuzzy... same reason, and you always wonder why TV studio's lights are so bloody bright...Now you know.

Hi Flare,

Thanks for the clarification! I used an Olympus 3000 before and the 1.8" LCD wasn't like that so thot something is wrong with this set. At the price I'm paying for the camera, I shld not have ask for more

Once again, thanks!

No problem... Glad to help.

Thank Flare, I can have a gd sleep already, hehe...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12