Thread: places to stay in tokyo

Default places to stay in tokyo

Hi,
    was just wondering if anyone here frequents tokyo or just know of a good place to bunk in with a reasonable price? (about 30~50 odd bucks per night)
    love to get some suggestions!

cheers!

Blog Entries

Default Re: places to stay in tokyo

Hey there,

It depends on how long you're staying I suppose.

When i was there last year, I stayed at a Gaijinhouse in Azabujuban, through sakura house.

This year I'm staying at the backpackers called khaosan, of which there are 4 separate hostels.
    Flickr Leica M6, Canon AE-1, Pentax 6x7

thanks guys. i'm roughly gonna stay for about 9 nights, that is if i plan to stay at tokyo all the way.
    thanks for the inputs and if there are more feel free to share more!

can you expand your budget abit more?

and roughly tell me where you wanna stay at

thanks
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    can you expand your budget abit more?

and roughly tell me where you wanna stay at

thanks
    Hmm maybe anything less than a hundred ba.
    anywhere in tokyo is fine (: have no problems navigating around there.

oops if you could expand to 20000 yen nightly,

i'd recommend hotel mecure ginza, just behind ginza it-chome, accessible from LV's sidewalk
    Pentax K-x

haha that's a little ex! anyway i don't need such a good hotel. i found a nice hostel with reasonable offers. it's called k's house. anyone had experience staying there would like to share?

hmmm... K's is near Minowa station?

Search online there are lots of backpack hostels to stay in. plus the conditions are as gd as a 3 star hotel. need not waste ur money. However please remember to purchase a train ticket tat has top up value. u can save on that too.

Take note some stations their staff might not be very proficient in English, try to speak some simple Jap can smooth alot of miscomm...

Check out the neighbourhood ramen or tepan restaurants cos some serve good and decent pricing meals.

pics wise check out Shibuya's buildings in the night... the neon lights are cool. of cos the famous crossing between Shibuya 109. =)
    if u are into ladies. Also can ask em to take their pics.. with permission please.. they love to pose for the camera wait 2 secs to reload the image

Shinjuku has the old school tokyo look.... 2 sides. East and West is quite contrasting.

Ginza is for branded hunting, their stores's deco wait 2 secs to reload the image

many many more... check out Disneyland if u can.... wait 2 secs to reload the image

Try this 1 at sakura hotel ikebukuro http://www.sakura-hotel-ikebukuro.com/
    Sony αlpha A550, DT16-105mm f/3.5-5.6, M50mm f/1.7, HVL-58AM Flash
    http://sunny815.smugmug.com

Try Ueno.

Try Hotel Theatre Ikebukuro or B Hotel Ikebukuro (opened in June 09). Both are about 5 walk mins away from Ikebukuro Station, 15mins walk away from Sunshine City Prince Hotel which is where the airport limousine bus stops. The rooms are very impressive for JPY 6,800 per night.

IMO, B Hotel Ikebukuro is more impressive than Hotel Theatre.

cheers.

Try Toyoko Inn (http://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/)

I stay in their hotel throughout the Japan whenever i can. (was stay in Kyoto and Sapporo).
    Price are reasonable and the location are very accesible to major train station.

May a bit exceed your budget of SGD100... but very well worth.
    Last edited by hansenhon; 18th November 2009 at 03:53 PM.
    50D|EF-S17-85mm f4.0-5.6 IS USM|EF50mm f1.4 USM|EF70-200mm f2.8L IS USM|EF100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM

Quote Originally Posted by ketsuko View Post
    haha that's a little ex! anyway i don't need such a good hotel. i found a nice hostel with reasonable offers. it's called k's house. anyone had experience staying there would like to share?
    Just spent two nights at K's house Tokyo. It is quite ok if you don't mind extremely small rooms. They put me in a 8-person mixed dorm. In a room that is about 2/3 the size of one HDB common room, they have 4 bunk beds. There isn't much space to put your luggage. But at the price of 2800 yen/night, it is quite ok by Japan standard.
    Come visit my blog

If you prefer Japanese style accomodation you can try Aizuya Inn. Rates are reasonable and they have english speaking staff which is good too. They have a facebook page that you can check out as well.

I'll be there in about 2 weeks, hopefully i'll have a review for you then