Hi all, pardon me as i am new, if such a topic has already been discussed somewhere, please let me know!
my question is, should i or should i not bring my laptop while i backpack across Asia?
On of my biggest reasons why i'm more inclined to bring my 12", 1.8kg (with batt) laptop is so i can
1) backup my photos on my laptop
2) hopefully update my blog, with long posts and photos (any idea if wifi is readily available across asia?)
3) skype with my family
4) entertainment while stuck in boring dorms at night
the cons are
1) theft/fear of it breaking down
2) is there really sufficient wifi across asia to make it worth it?
also, can you all share how you all upload your photos on your blogs (if you keep one) and update on the road? i dont know if it's safe to connect my camera's usb cable to the cyber cafes around asia (viruses and all that)