Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DryBox: Recommendations?

Originally posted by mervlam
    Humility levels between 35 to 40% will be fine. If it's too dry, the lubricants on your lenses' aperature blades might dry up prematurely. Also remember not to put in leather products (ie. body strap, camera case etc.) in the cabinet cos leather cracks if it's too dry.

I have still yet to buy my dry cabinet..... like to go for a 60L minimum....... any lobang guys?
    WHAT?? i actually typed 60L???
    i meant 40L minimum!
    no wonder there is such a big reaction from firefox

seems it's time to go to the optician.... havent seen one since army
    Last edited by mervlam; 1st May 2002 at 10:19 PM.

Originally posted by Kho King
    For photographic equipment, the recommended RH is 45~55%. You can get the chart for different type of stuff to be stored in your drybox at different RH.
    thanks for the advice, KK. any idea where i can get hold of the chart that you mentioned?

Originally posted by firefox13
    thanks for the advice, KK. any idea where i can get hold of the chart that you mentioned?
    In the net...

eg.
    http://www.eurekadrybox.com.au/essentials.htm

U can also find charts offer by other company. Just type drybox and search...
    DR KOH KHO KING

I'm using two 56L Akarui dry cabinets which I bought from CP. One thing I noticed was that the hygrometers on these dry cabinets were not accurate, and I had to calibrate them manually using a digital hygrometer which I bought from Homefix. The meters on the cabinets were off by as much as 15-20% in my case.

does the ampro drybox have lights?
    i went to my uncle's house and his drybox has auto lights that switch on when u open it quite cool...but i forgot wats the brand

Originally posted by Mystix
    does the ampro drybox have lights?
    i went to my uncle's house and his drybox has auto lights that switch on when u open it quite cool...but i forgot wats the brand
    Mine has light. Auto on when you open the door. Eureka brand. Made in Taiwan, but I have used it for 2 years plus now without any problem, and RH can still go as low as 30% RH. Mine is cheap at just RM400, 45L model if I am not mistaken. Plastic construction though...but light enough for me to bring around. I don't have a permanent home yet.
    DR KOH KHO KING

camera1001
    Guests

Firefox13, the warranty for your Am-Pro is only 1 year right? I hve it also but I think, since it's so affordable now, just get it lar. Good for those who have a small gear. Silica gel is a cheaper alternative but I give up after some time due to the inconvenience.

Been doing some research on Dry Boxes/Cabinets.. The vast majority of them seem to have a width of 40cm. Which is good, cause i can probably stack them. But the one i'm most interested to get now is the one from Tangs.. the:

Model: VDB-808W
    Capactity: 80L
    Size: 46(H) X 45(D) X (53.5W)
    RH range: 25% - 60%
    Shelves: 1
    Power: 220V
    Warrenty: 5 years on drying unit
    Price: $269

it's wide. has pull-out drawers, low and is a massive 80L. perfect for a place under my desk.

Problem being i can't stack (at least i don't i think i should) this if i wanna expand and get boxes of normal size (i.e. 40cm).

Anyone here has more than one dry cabinets? Can share experiences? Is stacking advised?

I just ordered this one from Tangs Online...waiting for delivery...i think it should be sufficient for quite a number of lenses...unless you are getting those BIG telephoto lenses...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123