Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: IR shot at angkor wat

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    pbase.com/pygmy
    Posts
    120

    Default IR shot somewhere in the angkor area

    Last edited by pygmy; 25th January 2004 at 10:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    WAT? WAN TO STALK MI AH? LOLZ
    Posts
    1,916

    Default


    this shd be e right wan right?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    WAT? WAN TO STALK MI AH? LOLZ
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    I started digital photography in Aug 2001 using a Fujifilm 6800 while on a trek to the K2 base camp in Pakistan .

    One year later I decided to get serious about learning d-photography, bought a Nikon Coolpix 5700 and sold the Fujifilm.

    I have since sold the 5700 for a D100 and now have a D2H as a second body.
    WAHLAU!!!!!!!!! CAN I ROB U???

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    pbase.com/pygmy
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    [IMG]
    this shd be e right wan right?

    it depends if it is b&w that i want ..... : )

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    pbase.com/pygmy
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    WAHLAU!!!!!!!!! CAN I ROB U???
    No lah! but can be my friend ....... haha!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    WAT? WAN TO STALK MI AH? LOLZ
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pygmy
    it depends if it is b&w that i want ..... : )
    but but but... i thot the whole idea of i-r is not to show red?

    hmm.... dunno lah
    correct me if im wrg...


    u mean befriend with yr D2H or u?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    pbase.com/pygmy
    Posts
    120

    Default i also dunno

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    but but but... i thot the whole idea of i-r is not to show red?

    hmm.... dunno lah
    correct me if im wrg...

    u mean befriend with yr D2H or u?
    .......but but ...... i thought IR was simply to shoot a spectrum of light that we can't see and how we depict it is entirely up to us......... i also not sure thats why i post it here.

    besides, IR is not the same as red. infact i don't know of any human beings who can see the IR range.

    if you wanna befriend my d2h thats ok.
    unfortunately its stuck to my right hand so it looks like i come along with it
    Last edited by pygmy; 25th January 2004 at 06:27 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    WAT? WAN TO STALK MI AH? LOLZ
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pygmy
    .......but but ...... i thought IR was simply to shoot a spectrum of light that we can't see and how we depict it is entirely up to us...... i also not sure thats why i post it here.

    if you wanna befriend my d2h thats ok.
    unfortunately its stuck to my right hand so it looks like i come along with it
    lolz... but im going to cuddle ye d2h leh
    jus joking
    aniwae.. nice shot.. i always wanted to visit cambodia.. but afraid of land mines

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    pbase.com/pygmy
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby

    this shd be e right wan right?

    WAH! i like it. how come your b&w looks better than my b&w (inside my IR b&w gallery) ......... and i have the original

    must teach me............

    http://www.pbase.com/image/25361690
    Last edited by pygmy; 25th January 2004 at 06:32 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    WAT? WAN TO STALK MI AH? LOLZ
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pygmy
    WAH! i like it. how come your b&w looks better than my b&w (inside my IR b&w gallery) ......... and i have the original

    must teach me............
    LOLZ!!!

    how abt lending mi yr D2H for 1 week and i will teach u...

    lending it tt means u must come along... lolz!!!!

    or rather u can top up a few IR filters for mi too

    jus joking.... go out and shoot together lah
    den i teach u

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    pbase.com/pygmy
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    LOLZ!!!

    how abt lending mi yr D2H for 1 week and i will teach u...

    lending it tt means u must come along... lolz!!!!

    or rather u can top up a few IR filters for mi too

    jus joking.... go out and shoot together lah
    den i teach u

    thanks for the offer .... unfortunately pygmys only ever shot alone .....
    unless of course you have been initiated ......

    must sit on fire ants nest bare arsed n let them bite you ..... cannot cry

    must eat hornets and drink iguana piss .....

    if still ok after all that and you can take a pic without AF and the pic is sharp

    ........ can shot together .....

  12. #12

    Default

    Good first attempt at digital IR !

    I prefers coloured to B&W IR photos myself. I can get coloured IR from my 10D but the exposure times required are very long as the 10D is not very sensitive to IR. Your D2H seems to be much more sensitive to IR judging from the exposure times needed for your IR pics. I can get handholdable exposures if I use my CoolPix 950 but they are less colourful. My IR attempts can be found at:
    http://www.pbase.com/pschia/infra_red if you are interested

    I tried to see if I can get coloured IR from one of your pics but the best I can do is this:



    Hope you don't mind. It may be possible to get better coloured IR images if a custom white balance was carried out with the Hoya IR filter on and used to take the pics. That's how I got mine with the 10D anyway.

    Gong Xi Fa Cai

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    pbase.com/pygmy
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat

    Hope you don't mind. It may be possible to get better coloured IR images if a custom white balance was carried out with the Hoya IR filter on and used to take the pics. That's how I got mine with the 10D anyway.

    Gong Xi Fa Cai
    no i don't mind. on the contrary i appreciate it.
    what did you do to bring out the colours

    hey! tomcat Gong Xi Fa Cai to you too!(pygmy cups his left fist and bows his head)

    custom white balance with IR filter on ........ great!! i will try it.

    i will also check out your gallery later.

    thanks a heap for sharing, cheers!

  14. #14

    Default

    anyway, these pics are not at Angkor Wat itself

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    pbase.com/pygmy
    Posts
    120

    Default hi bobafat

    Quote Originally Posted by bobafat
    anyway, these pics are not at Angkor Wat itself
    you are absolutely right bobafat.

    so how do you feel i can improve my IR photos apart from getting the location right?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •