Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Can advise on Panasonic SD card?

  1. #1

    Default Can advise on Panasonic SD card?

    I've heard from many ppls that such Panasonic 256MB SD card are made with higher speed transfer at 10mb/s, is it true and how's this brand compared with the rest and what about its price? Thank you.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dingdong
    I've heard from many ppls that such Panasonic 256MB SD card are made with higher speed transfer at 10mb/s, is it true and how's this brand compared with the rest and what about its price? Thank you.
    All SD cards using Panasonic chipset (such as Panasonic, Hagiwara M-series, etc) have 10 mb/sec data transfer for 256MB & above. For 128MB & below its 2 mb/sec. For SD cards using non-Panasonic chipset, transfer rate is 2 mb/sec for all capacities.

    As for how the brand compares, well let's say most brands are quite reliable. However I have heard of Sandisk conking out now & then, so........ Frankly, if speed is an issue, then you have not much choice. Stick to a brand that uses Panasonic chipset such as Panasonic or Hagiwara M-series. If speed is not an issue & you don't mind 2 mb/sec then you have a wider variety of brands to choose from like Twinmos, Transcend, Sandisk, etc.

    As for the price, I believe a Panasonic 256MB is somewhere between $160-170. As for Hagiwara M-series, they appear to be quite rare & their distributor's RRP is $150. Keeping in mind different shops have different prices.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheek
    All SD cards using Panasonic chipset (such as Panasonic, Hagiwara M-series, etc) have 10 mb/sec data transfer for 256MB & above. For 128MB & below its 2 mb/sec. For SD cards using non-Panasonic chipset, transfer rate is 2 mb/sec for all capacities.

    As for how the brand compares, well let's say most brands are quite reliable. However I have heard of Sandisk conking out now & then, so........ Frankly, if speed is an issue, then you have not much choice. Stick to a brand that uses Panasonic chipset such as Panasonic or Hagiwara M-series. If speed is not an issue & you don't mind 2 mb/sec then you have a wider variety of brands to choose from like Twinmos, Transcend, Sandisk, etc.

    As for the price, I believe a Panasonic 256MB is somewhere between $160-170. As for Hagiwara M-series, they appear to be quite rare & their distributor's RRP is $150. Keeping in mind different shops have different prices.
    ok, thanks, so even Kingstons ones doesn't have any hi speed transfer?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dingdong
    ok, thanks, so even Kingstons ones doesn't have any hi speed transfer?
    I'm not familiar with what chipset it uses. But if its not Panasonic chipset, I'd say no it doesn't. Unless its the latest range of hi-speed SD cards but that's a totally different story & besides, I doubt S'pore is selling those yet.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •