Thread: Gundam

Default Gundam

1st time playing with a slave flash. C&C are welcome.
    Just shoot.

Default Re: Gundam

are you doing a product shoot? or just normal Point and shoot? if its a product shoot, there are a few area to take care. BAckground is distracting, lighting too hash and the subject's face is not clearly shown. Too much shadow on the upper body. Not to mention, gundam is too clean, should show some panel lining. if you are just trying out the slave flash, it work but try to lower down the flash output.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    are you doing a product shoot? or just normal Point and shoot? if its a product shoot, there are a few area to take care. BAckground is distracting, lighting too hash and the subject's face is not clearly shown. Too much shadow on the upper body. Not to mention, gundam is too clean, should show some panel lining. if you are just trying out the slave flash, it work but try to lower down the flash output.
    Thanks peterpan,

Its was a try out for the slave system.
    Noted on the harsh flash and lowering down of the output.
    Tips --> Its was actually baby powder on the glass table at the tips of the gun. Flash fired from below glass table. Trying to make it look like Heero just pulled the trigger~~!
    Just shoot.

perhaps u could explore more into the lighting angles and stuff..
    like what i did here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591586
    EOS 6D | GH4 | LX100 | HERO4

Quote Originally Posted by Fragnatic View Post
    perhaps u could explore more into the lighting angles and stuff..
    like what i did here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591586
    Thanks Fragnatic,

Those are really nice work u did.
    U got a great deal of patience i must say.
    Just shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutesperm View Post
    Thanks Fragnatic,

Those are really nice work u did.
    U got a great deal of patience i must say.
    thanks.
    for product shots and such, u've got all the time in the world to think abt how to position ur subject and lighting, u settings and effects u want to achieve, might as well spend more time into getting ur shot the way u want it.
    EOS 6D | GH4 | LX100 | HERO4

Imo, you might want to compare your shot to the actual 1/144 Wing Zero box image.
    The pose of you model is a bit 'slack', the rifle/gun seems to be stuck to the ground and the posture is very stiff.

Try arranging the pose of the model till something like this.
    So it looks like it's flying/floating.

Image with courtesy from http://www.figure.fm/post/en/493/MG+...ro+Custom.html

Can use Tamiya/Gunze Cement to apply for on the joint to fix the temporary pose. (Will not damage the plastic.)
    Other than that you might want to have a light source on the face and chest potion of the model.

Hope this helps. I used to be a gundam fan.
    I'm looking at a different perpective of life.