Thread: help!

Default help!

I have a casting for race queens on wednesday and this is my first time tryin out for such events! what should i expect at the casting and at the event itself if I'm selected?

Thanks!

Default Re: help!

Quote Originally Posted by kawen View Post
    I have a casting for race queens on wednesday and this is my first time tryin out for such events! what should i expect at the casting and at the event itself if I'm selected?

Thanks!
    Hi, I can't speak specifically for the race queens but at most major casting calls you can expect the following:

1 -At the most you'll probably have a few seconds to a minute to impress the selection panel. In many cases there will be 2-3 rounds to eliminate the dross at the first round, then a closer look at the better models. Some calls simply run down the queue in order of appearance and pick the first X models that will suit the job, the rest are then dismissed.

As for the actual job, chances are it will be a fully supplied "uniform" read very skimpy clothing and underwear. You'll probably change and do your make up in a very crowded room or tent as the case may be (depending on the facillities trackside). You'd better not be afraid of getting naked in a mixed environment as sometimes you'll find guys doing some of the wardrobe or make up etc. Generally the organisers will advise on what you are expected to bring and what they will supply etc. Finally expect to be treated like a lump of meat, after all that's what a model is.

Good luck
    Ian (the ang moh from hell)
    30+ years of professional photography and extremely jaded where models are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Hi, I can't speak specifically for the race queens but at most major casting calls you can expect the following:

1 -At the most you'll probably have a few seconds to a minute to impress the selection panel. In many cases there will be 2-3 rounds to eliminate the dross at the first round, then a closer look at the better models. Some calls simply run down the queue in order of appearance and pick the first X models that will suit the job, the rest are then dismissed.

As for the actual job, chances are it will be a fully supplied "uniform" read very skimpy clothing and underwear. You'll probably change and do your make up in a very crowded room or tent as the case may be (depending on the facillities trackside). You'd better not be afraid of getting naked in a mixed environment as sometimes you'll find guys doing some of the wardrobe or make up etc. Generally the organisers will advise on what you are expected to bring and what they will supply etc. Finally expect to be treated like a lump of meat, after all that's what a model is.

Good luck
    Ian (the ang moh from hell)
    30+ years of professional photography and extremely jaded where models are concerned.
    you are funny, but thanks
    well the casting apparently is one by one so yup. wun noe how they'll select. but wish me luck! cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kawen View Post
    you are funny, but thanks
    well the casting apparently is one by one so yup. wun noe how they'll select. but wish me luck! cheers
    Ahh not the usual cattle call when they recruit models for race track jobs (known at pit tootsies or bedwarmers in the trade )

Good luck and yes I can be funny, but really it's more a case of being highly jaded and fed up because after 30+ years behind the lens professionally I've just about had enough of the games played by certain sections of the industry. (enough said).

U can take his word for word, as he is one of the most succesful photog.