Thread: Pls help..!can't open my raw files

Default Pls help..!can't open my raw files

Hi All,
    I've taken some pictures in raw format (CR2) with my Canon 7D last night but can't open the files with my Photoshop CS3. It says 'cannot complete your request because it is not the right kind of documents'. However, I have no problem viewing it with Zoom Browser EX neither I have any problem opening my raw files (with Photoshop CS2) previously taken with my 400D. Is there any diff with 7D's raw? Did anybody encounter this?
    Canon 7D|50mm f1.4|100mm f2.8|10-22mm f3.5-4.5|17-55mm f2.8|70-200mm f4L|580EXII|Raynox 250DRC

Default Re: Pls help..!can't open my raw files

need to use the dng converter that's provided by adobe? Adobe doesn't support raw formats for the newer camera bodies in CS3, as they "probably" want you to upgrade to CS4.

u need to upgrade to CS4 for the cameras launched from end 2008 onwards because adobe camera raw from cs3 cannot open them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    need to use the dng converter that's provided by adobe? Adobe doesn't support raw formats for the newer camera bodies in CS3, as they "probably" want you to upgrade to CS4.
    OK. Tks vey much..

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    u need to upgrade to CS4 for the cameras launched from end 2008 onwards because adobe camera raw from cs3 cannot open them.
    Thank you tot my 7D or CF card got problem..Heng...!
    Canon 7D|50mm f1.4|100mm f2.8|10-22mm f3.5-4.5|17-55mm f2.8|70-200mm f4L|580EXII|Raynox 250DRC

hmm, looking at adobe's website, their camera raw does not support the 7D raw files yet, http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

You probably need to stick to using canon's DPP to edit your raws, until they can put out a newer version.

Once adobe supports 7d raw....

Shouldnt it be available to open to all photoshop products ?

I was hoping to open the files in photoshop elements once the raw format is supported

There should be no need to upgrade

I thought you can use the software given by Canon to open the RAW files?

Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    I thought you can use the software given by Canon to open the RAW files?
    I know but used to photoshop..

Quote Originally Posted by Expat yorkshire View Post
    Once adobe supports 7d raw....

Shouldnt it be available to open to all photoshop products ?

I was hoping to open the files in photoshop elements once the raw format is supported

There should be no need to upgrade
    You'll need to use the free Adobe dng converter if you want to use older PS/elements products.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=4576

"Adobe DNG Converter
    The Adobe DNG Converter, a free utility that converts files from more than 200 cameras to DNG, enables you to easily convert camera-specific raw files to a more universal DNG raw file. Visit the Camera Raw page for a complete list of supported cameras."

Lightroom 3.0 Beta supports RAW from 7D. Maybe you can try that since it's free for now.

Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    Lightroom 3.0 Beta supports RAW from 7D. Maybe you can try that since it's free for now.
    Tks> will DL it..

Sampaul

I share your agony too..as I am in a similiar situation. I have more than a thousand shots from my recent trip that I can't open.....

Some consolation is that the current Adobe Camera RAW 5.5 seems to be able to open full size RAW files from 7D but not the smaller MRAW files.

Full size RAW files are huge but.. it is better than not able to open any raw files from 7D at all.

Please share with us if this works for you.

Other than that, we will have to patiently wait for Camera Raw 5.6....

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBelly View Post
    Sampaul

I share your agony too..as I am in a similiar situation. I have more than a thousand shots from my recent trip that I can't open.....

Some consolation is that the current Adobe Camera RAW 5.5 seems to be able to open full size RAW files from 7D but not the smaller MRAW files.

Full size RAW files are huge but.. it is better than not able to open any raw files from 7D at all.

Please share with us if this works for you.

Other than that, we will have to patiently wait for Camera Raw 5.6....
    U r right..Tried & realised I can only open LRaw but not MRaw or SRaw..Strange.

Anyway I have the habit of shooting at the highest res ..