Thread: dead pixel test ?

Default dead pixel test ?

hi,

just would like to know if you do run the dead pixel test on yr digicam. heard that there are some from the internet.

can you advise what to do and what's the acceptable level if you do have experience in it.

thanks, dude !

take the inside of your lenscap.

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    take the inside of your lenscap.
    sorrie.... and then how ? thx.

Then download, zoom in using your photo viewing software.
    & see if there're any bright coloured red/green/blue/emerald spots.

Sometimes, it's better not to check. Once u know it's there, then U'll know it's there & U'll have to live with it forever. If you can't find one in the photos u take, then U better not try.

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Then download, zoom in using your photo viewing software.
    & see if there're any bright coloured red/green/blue/emerald spots.

Sometimes, it's better not to check. Once u know it's there, then U'll know it's there & U'll have to live with it forever. If you can't find one in the photos u take, then U better not try.
    yeh it's true , but tot can send back the camera for mapping or worse can replace.

anyway, not only i asking, a fren just bought S400 b4 CNY ask if there's such software to check besides naked eye.

yes there is. I can send a copy to you through your email. got it from a friend.
    basically the test requires you to take a un-compressed photo with your lencap closed. then the test will search the whole arrays of pixels for any non-black pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by eric69
    yes there is. I can send a copy to you through your email. got it from a friend.
    basically the test requires you to take a un-compressed photo with your lencap closed. then the test will search the whole arrays of pixels for any non-black pixels.
    eric69,
    you have pm .....

may I know how to perform this test with this linked provided s/w?

ya, what nos to put in the boxes as requirements for hot/dead pixels ?