Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any recommendations of laptop for photoediting?

Default Re: Any recommendations of laptop for photoediting?

Quote Originally Posted by bylim View Post
    how so? the interface of Photoshop in Win and OSX are different?

am considering a laptop too rather than a desktop. wondering if Apple will upgrade the MBP 15" specs in the coming Jan 2010...
    For photoediting, having an external monitor is handy, as I find working on a 15" screen too small. Actually just ordered a desktop since I can't stand editing on a notebook. Your experience on a notebook may vary.

Oh, if editing at home I'll be connecting the laptop to a monitor of course. The notebook can still be mobile while a PC stays at home indefinitely. I PC game much much less now and so a desktop is becoming more irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    For photoediting, having an external monitor is handy, as I find working on a 15" screen too small. Actually just ordered a desktop since I can't stand editing on a notebook. Your experience on a notebook may vary.

The specs for the 13" MB and MBP looks almost the same except the price so is there any differences between the 2?

Quote Originally Posted by ishou80 View Post
    The specs for the 13" MB and MBP looks almost the same except the price so is there any differences between the 2?
    MB = up to 4GB Max. Plastic casing, Mac BK only, from $1.5K +++

MBP = up to 8GB, metal casing, lighter in weight. It's PRO, from $1.9 +++

Quote Originally Posted by bylim View Post
    how so? the interface of Photoshop in Win and OSX are different?

am considering a laptop too rather than a desktop. wondering if Apple will upgrade the MBP 15" specs in the coming Jan 2010...
    i think so, cos everybody claimed that mac is so easy to use.

It's the same interface just the the Ctrl button becomes the command button on Mac.

Well, i guess windows and mac are pretty well matched now. Based on an article I read at cnet.com, Asus laptops have the lowest failure rate while HP, acer and dell has the highest, mac is somewhere in between. Asus ones are pretty well priced.

Anyway, to do photo editing the key thing is RAM, max it out. Processor isn't really critical unless you are intending to multi-task heavily. Best if have graphics card to speed up rendering.

I bought this IBM T60p with flexview screen. Excellent but sort of extinct already. See my thread on this here

Quote Originally Posted by ishou80 View Post
    MB has 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, One FireWire 400 port & Mini-DVI port

MBP has Up to 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, One FireWire 800 port & Mini DisplayPort

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Thinking of getting a better laptop that can do photo-editing better..

Only owned a Netbook at the moment, other than being slow, the mediocre screen quality make it very hard to do decent PP.. my spyder 2 doesnt seems to work with it too..

Can give me some recommendations of decent laptops for the purpose, don't need to be able to handle demanding 3 D games..

Prefer good screen and decent speed.. and portability too..

Budget the lower the better.. I can stretch to $2k+ if necessary, but if can stay under $2k it ll be best..

Macbook looks great.. but a bit worry abt software compatibility.. I uses Corel Graphic Suite quite often.. dunno can support or not..

Maybe you should get a 21.5" iMac like mine. If you have the extra dough, snag an additional laptop for backup. Don't forget your backup drive.

Hi giantcanopy,

I received my dell yesterday. Kinda disappointed with the displayed color on general windows and applications. They are overly saturated colors. It's fine with Photoshop and Lightroom. Do you encounter similar issue?

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    I order mine from online from dell

everything from the current standard XPS16 i7-720QM offerings with the following upgrades:
    -Windows 7 Professional
    -Combo drive that does Blue Ray burning ( i am more excited the BD burning actually )
    -16 inch Ultrasharp Full HD RGBLED with True Life

500GB Hddsk, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4670 1GB etc comes part of the package

* probably upgrade my ram once the prices gets abit cheaper nxt time..

for me i am looking for value for money. cannot really justify paying for a different system for more money because of a ligher build or asthetics. And i am pretty happy with Win 7

costs ard 3.2k + i think

ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    despite being an apple user

i won't exactly recommend the MBP if you're afraid of compatibility issues

why not buy HP's desktop replacements? there are some good ones.

or as well consider the DELL alienware laptop announced sometime back
    Worry about compatibility issues? Install bootcamp partition for Windows and you have two OS on one computer.

any studio xps user with similar experience on over saturated colors?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234