Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cameras to Tekong

Yup...I lost 8kg since i left army...no joke...the food was superbly lousy back then, and the cooks (NSFs then) were superbly mean...they always make a mountain on your tin plate....still, there's regular meals, big portions of food, and supper every day. sure gain weight leh...

Quote Originally Posted by lovells19
    then got the automated washing machine to wash he's underwears,

the new army is no longer ruled by hooligans, no more shouting of vulgarities in your face, cannot happy happy Knock it down! :P
    they now train based on civilized way, treating recruits the more humane way.
    eh...think there are no more washing machines... anyway... civilized way?? hehehe...wait till u see it for urself..

anyway... ruth...dun worry.. ur bro will definately grow up...not totally in BMT but life AFTER bmt will definately change him...gone are the day of late night and supper... he will definately be a better person

also... get ur bro to bring only 1 handphone and 1 battery....do not bring extra batteries and charger as these would be confiscated till he book out.. also.. he wun have much time to call.. dun forget...he now have to do his laundry....hehehe~~

anything more u like to know?

no more washing machines alright! They only had it when Tekong was opened or supposedly so. Anyway shouting vulgarities is still the norm and so is knocking it down.

is the life after BMT(unit life) that wld shape up a persons character, so many politics and the real human nature... in BMT, is more like physical training.. to train ur body and some discipline... unit life sucks... pref BMT days where when we have no hair, our brains goes with them too... super cookoo n super blur....ive got sum wonderful sunset pics of tekong but all are in flim.. oh yeah i tok some shots at FIBUA.. is that allowed.. anyway took one then quickly siam coz got sum "POW" treatment going on...

Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    My brother has been enlisted for his NS in mid feb..
    are we allowed to bring cameras into tekong?

are there areas we canx shoot?
    but i think i will be bz taking some last nice handsome shots for my bro b4 he turns botak!
    and not to forget those cute officers
    anyway ruthbaby, those places that the army dudes be bring u can take photos .. coz bmt is open concept...nothing to hide("haha" right guys) so anything that u can see, u can take.. is only when the boats wif parents are gone and the night comes... heh heh heh... evil looms ard the company lines... is farce man... farce.... oh do take the pic of the jacobs ladder .. might never know.. there might by "somthing" siting at the top of the ladder...

Lets hope ur bro doesnt get into Mohawk or Taurus.......

Those are the more siong ones....

As for those who remembered Leopard to be "welfare", i guess its gg to end soon....heard that the current OC leaving maybe ard mar...

So good luck to your bro. BMT is a good place to open and make new friends/buddies whether lifelong or not.

tell mi more hantu stories abt tekong leh

Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    tell mi more hantu stories abt tekong leh
    don't bring pork
    don't bring anything pork related
    even the paper bags.. don't use mei zhen xiang or whatever pork paper bag

hantu stories a lot
    whatever is taped and not done by you, don't untape it

the more taboo things.. well... he'll learn

some people can "see" things... so keep an open mind and don't be intimidated

oh still on the cameras part
    i suggest you don't bring an SLR system.. they'd probably think you're a spy or something -__- and of course if you're gonna bring some 70-200 they might think it's a cannon (though it really is a canon)

No roaming around the island on Thursday night....it's supposedly an evil day...i think......each bunk should have their own story.....my bunk in sungei gedong used to have a locked locker which has been there for years...
    On one Stand-by-Bunk occasion , my newly appointed CSM ordered us to pry open that locker by the next Stand-by-Bunk. However, none of us dared to do it. "Legend" has it that the owner of the locker jumped off the building after he returned from a Thailand trip. He brought back something from Thailand, and locked it in that locker. Anyway, it must be something very heavy cos it took a lot more effort (2 able-bodied men) just to move it. Some staying in the same bunk reported a flying woman's head on some nights. Personally, I haven't seen it myself although I stayed in the same bunk and slept alone there when i was on duty.

Anyway, to cut story short, that CSM never raised up the issue of removing the locker after he learnt the story from the Bunk IC then. Never! I think that locker is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by sequitur
    i suggest you don't bring an SLR system.. they'd probably think you're a spy or something -__- and of course if you're gonna bring some 70-200 they might think it's a cannon (though it really is a canon)

hmm...same mentality as security guard at esplanade?

i tot spy will use those mini spycam....why they will want to use a SLR with 70-200 to tell pple that they are taking picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    hmm...same mentality as security guard at esplanade?

i tot spy will use those mini spycam....why they will want to use a SLR with 70-200 to tell pple that they are taking picture?
    lolz!!!!

tts true

i think i will jus bring my point and shoot

Default Rule number one

Aiyah, just follow the age old rule number one lah.
    Do what you want to do, just don't get caught.
    But seriously I think just some places are off limits.. like the armsko.. armsco... armsqua...... aiyah the place where they keep the M16s lah.

Btw, you ppl from which intake wan??? Taurus and Mohawk?
    Now no more alpha bravo etc etc ???

the word ya looking for is armskote... anyway im from bravo n if im not wrong, thye have scrape M16s to be replaced by the every"trusty" SAR heard this weapon alot of IA IA during range. which also mean theres not more bayonet drills! replaced by unarmed combat or rather a comeback of unarmed combat, was scraped once. and now at this period of time, PES PB guys dun have to do 2.4km,issit true? coz of the death of the REC last year

in sch 1 the siong ones are charlie, echo, bravo alpha. delta is run by WOSE so is a welfare coy.foxtrot at my time was white horse coy... then Griffin is usually reserve for PES PB guys, siong but fun i heard... anyway stories learnt are usually passed down from serg to rec. thers is this thing abt finding long hair = "something" came, during area cleaning... the SOC gnds near to the bridge(G coy) for some story... even when doing prowling, that area is damn quiet... oh i rem once my coy pltn above me some guy was woken up by an "ah mah" that guy freak out and went psycho. dunno true or not coz our coy is considered clean so some pple say he ciao keng coz being psycho= Out of course= downgrade...

alot of things change aft the death of a number of NS guys... even now for SOF or ranger selection, have to go for FFI(some medical checkup thingy), last tiem dun need... hmm

some pic taken during my bmt... the beautiful sunset... the pic of osama caught..ahhaha and im the picture of our family platoon portrait... can u spot me???

pictures in here!

Quote Originally Posted by CoExist
    some pic taken during my bmt... the beautiful sunset... the pic of osama caught..ahhaha and im the picture of our family platoon portrait... can u spot me???

pictures in here!
    everyone looks alike

Quote Originally Posted by CoExist
    the word ya looking for is armskote... anyway im from bravo n if im not wrong, thye have scrape M16s to be replaced by the every"trusty" SAR heard this weapon alot of IA IA during range. which also mean theres not more bayonet drills! replaced by unarmed combat or rather a comeback of unarmed combat, was scraped once. and now at this period of time, PES PB guys dun have to do 2.4km,issit true? coz of the death of the REC last year

in sch 1 the siong ones are charlie, echo, bravo alpha. delta is run by WOSE so is a welfare coy.foxtrot at my time was white horse coy... then Griffin is usually reserve for PES PB guys, siong but fun i heard... anyway stories learnt are usually passed down from serg to rec. thers is this thing abt finding long hair = "something" came, during area cleaning... the SOC gnds near to the bridge(G coy) for some story... even when doing prowling, that area is damn quiet... oh i rem once my coy pltn above me some guy was woken up by an "ah mah" that guy freak out and went psycho. dunno true or not coz our coy is considered clean so some pple say he ciao keng coz being psycho= Out of course= downgrade...

alot of things change aft the death of a number of NS guys... even now for SOF or ranger selection, have to go for FFI(some medical checkup thingy), last tiem dun need... hmm

is delta still run by WOSE. i was from dragon co. (last time called dragon. fm delta chnage dragon, no wchange back to delta). tat was >10 yrs ago when warrant officiers first posted there. i was the platoon sergeant then and my pc was the 1st warrant as pc then there and my platoon is the 1st to have a warrant pc.

then as more warrant are posted there, more took up 2ic etc positions. at tat time, it's not really welfare cos everyone at tat time were very scared of warrants. so many ranger tags, heliborne tags, marksman etc etc. even commisioned officers pay their respect to them.

from my experience, they are good in managing ppl. they are the cream and been through so much big and small in SAF. they took care of the recruits, punish when necessary, scold harseky when reqd, other than that they are task oriented - train the new recruits and get their physical fitness up.

in off peiord, we'll go fishing at jetty and at the stream to be accessed after climbing down a slop at camp 1. Do they still have the camp there now ?

anyway, it's a good experience to work with the warrant officers, MY SALUTE TO THEM !

Quote Originally Posted by ranger
    is delta still run by WOSE. i was from dragon co. (last time called dragon. fm delta chnage dragon, no wchange back to delta). tat was >10 yrs ago when warrant officiers first posted there. i was the platoon sergeant then and my pc was the 1st warrant as pc then there and my platoon is the 1st to have a warrant pc.
    Hey, then we should be around the same batch... ard 1993-94?
    I was in Alpha..

Quote Originally Posted by sequitur
    This is something that I can never figure out why. If I were a spy, do you think I'll carry around a SLR and let the whole world see what I was doing? Doesn't make sense.

BTW, me from Gryphon coy in 96. Heard lots of "stories" only after I left. Like the "waving" company that lurks around in the canteen above the cook house. As for the pork thingy, they do adhere strictly to it. One of my platoon mate reported sick and had to have his meals brought up to him. We had pork so he had to have his meal outside the bunk along the corridor.

Profanities are part and parcel of NS. Imagine life without them.

Well, let's just embrace the SAF 8th core value: You can do anything, just don't get caught

And not to forget the SAF 9th core value: If caught, act BLUR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast