Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to get vibrant colors on film?

Quote Originally Posted by whoelse
    Kit, Wishing you a Happy New Year
    Eh? I know you?

Happy New Year to you also.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    Yeah, you're right. I see no point in responding anymore, especially when nothing constructive will ever come out of it. I'll continue to look up to those who knows enough to command my respect.
    Thank you very much as I don't have the time for you. Happy new year.

Andy Ho

Default Several factors.

There are several factors if you're shooting negs. From my experience, the most important factors are exposure and printing. For any film, you really have to work out its correct speed for your shooting conditions. For example, Fuji NPH does so-so at ISO-320 and excellent at 250. Kodak gold 100 does pretty good at ISO-100 and optimally at 80 for my shooting.

I'd say the most important aspect is printing. I've had crap prints from good negs at the local Konica lab, and excellent prints from KJ labs. There's a lot more than that. If you want consistent prints, you will have to work with one or two films and get to know them inside out, and how they respond to different lighting and exposure situations. You will also have to work with your lab and see how they handle different subjects. For example the lab I visit is excellent for portriats, colours are perfect, but with landscapes, trees, etc the colours are a bit warm. So, now I use just one or two films (Fuji NPH for portraits and Press-800 for low light) and one lab. The results are consistent every time.

any good labs to intro? preferred to be in the east ...

Quote Originally Posted by stl
    There is a Lab in Marine Parade called DigiPro, you might want to try them. They are quite good. And service is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by coke21
    There is a Lab in Marine Parade called DigiPro, you might want to try them. They are quite good. And service is good too.
    Digipro Imaging Blk 58 Marine Terrace, #01-45 ??? listed on fuji's website ... thanks will try that...

Digipro Imaging Blk 58 Marine Terrace, #01-45 ??? listed on fuji's website ... thanks will try that...
    Yup thats it.

A.I. Photo (BLK 85, Marine Parade Central #01-501) is good too. It's near Parkway Parade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12