I have been seeing many people asking one common question on how to tune the RH of their newly purchase "electric" dry cabinets. Numbers are climbing.
Something that puzzles me, don't these products come with a decent user guide or are they so simple (or perhaps low quality) that a guide book is not available.
If these electric cabinets did not come with a minimal instruction, how reliable are these products?
Perhaps users of various brands, model and purchase can share their experience (no humble opinion please!) in areas of.
- Brand, model of the electric dry cabinet. (check brand against problem)
- Price Range of your purchase (check price against quality).
- Did it come with instruction manual? If yes, why don't you understand? (check quality of text)
- How long did it take to reach the required RH, just estimate. * Assuming you have use your camera for 1 full day or longer and put back. Open and close door "is not" relevant.
- What are the mechanical/electronic problem encountered from the cabinet?
- Any problem encountered with your "items stored".
- Did you verify the cabinet reading with another hygrometer or you simply trust the build in hygrometer? (confidence check)
- Do they emit a humming sound that you can hear, if yes and you are in the age <30, do you listen to MP3 aloud? (checks: if 2 or more same model emits sound and you are young and cannot hear it, you know what the MP3 are doing to you).