Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63

Thread: Movie: The Hurt locker

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Aljunied
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    I don't feel it deserves the title of "Best Picture". I watched it once and I wouldn't want to watch it again. It feels like a documentary.
    Sony Alpha A300 l 18-70mm f3.5-5.6 l 18-250mm f3.5-5.6 l Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 l

  2. #22
    Member DrSpock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Warp back to Simei
    Posts
    1,088

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by Shafune View Post
    I don't feel it deserves the title of "Best Picture". I watched it once and I wouldn't want to watch it again. It feels like a documentary.
    Documentary? You should watch District 9, that one was filmed like a documentary but captivating storyline too. I watch tHL twice on a 5" screen onboard Qantas and it made my whole flight exciting
    Photography? It's all in your mind...

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Aljunied
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
    Documentary? You should watch District 9, that one was filmed like a documentary but captivating storyline too. I watch tHL twice on a 5" screen onboard Qantas and it made my whole flight exciting
    Wow. I guess different people have different tastes. District 9 is on my list of movies to watch so I'll get to know what you mean. Maybe I'm not that into war movies but comparing "band of brothers" to "the hurt locker", imho, I'd prefer BOB.
    Sony Alpha A300 l 18-70mm f3.5-5.6 l 18-250mm f3.5-5.6 l Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 l

  4. #24
    Member DrSpock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Warp back to Simei
    Posts
    1,088

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by Shafune View Post
    Wow. I guess different people have different tastes. District 9 is on my list of movies to watch so I'll get to know what you mean. Maybe I'm not that into war movies but comparing "band of brothers" to "the hurt locker", imho, I'd prefer BOB.
    I'm a War movie junkie. Best war drama I ever watched is COMBAT starring Vic Morrow in the 70's. BOB is excellent probably due to being produced by Steven Spielberg Another of my fav of his is Saving Private Ryan. How come didn't see him at the 82nd OSCAR?
    Photography? It's all in your mind...

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Aljunied
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
    I'm a War movie junkie. Best war drama I ever watched is COMBAT starring Vic Morrow in the 70's. BOB is excellent probably due to being produced by Steven Spielberg Another of my fav of his is Saving Private Ryan. How come didn't see him at the 82nd OSCAR?
    I don't recall Steven Spielberg directing a movie the last year.
    Sony Alpha A300 l 18-70mm f3.5-5.6 l 18-250mm f3.5-5.6 l Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 l

  6. #26

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by Shafune View Post
    Wow. I guess different people have different tastes. District 9 is on my list of movies to watch so I'll get to know what you mean. Maybe I'm not that into war movies but comparing "band of brothers" to "the hurt locker", imho, I'd prefer BOB.
    I reckon even war movies junkies like myself, who loves BOB & BHD, won't even classify THL in the same category. Not talking abt realism & all that, cause its not, but still its wonderful in many other ways..

  7. #27
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    I like black hawk down!
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  8. #28
    Member Deyeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    I like black hawk down!
    +1, watched that movie about 10 times .... never loses its appeal.
    40D|BG-E2N|24-105L F4.0 IS USM |70-200L F2.8 IS USM

  9. #29
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by Deyeno View Post
    +1, watched that movie about 10 times .... never loses its appeal.
    Same here.
    I watched from cinema to DVD to Blue Ray. Never sick of watching.

    I also like 300.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  10. #30
    Member Deyeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Same here.
    I watched from cinema to DVD to Blue Ray. Never sick of watching.

    I also like 300.
    ++++1 .... 300 was brilliant.

    So many twists and turns. I think part of the appeal here is, that both Blackhawk and 300 are based on fact.

    Where as Hurt Locker, is based on what they think is done, but with alot of realism.

    To me HL is to gung ho. I have friends whom are in the SAS and ex SAS and been in Northern Ireland aganist the IRA, and they have said HL compares nothing to what happens in real life when you are facing bombs.

    The Last Samurai


    40D|BG-E2N|24-105L F4.0 IS USM |70-200L F2.8 IS USM

  11. #31
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by Deyeno View Post
    ++++1 .... 300 was brilliant.

    So many twists and turns. I think part of the appeal here is, that both Blackhawk and 300 are based on fact.

    Where as Hurt Locker, is based on what they think is done, but with alot of realism.

    To me HL is to gung ho. I have friends whom are in the SAS and ex SAS and been in Northern Ireland aganist the IRA, and they have said HL compares nothing to what happens in real life when you are facing bombs.

    The Last Samurai



    BraveHeart.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  12. #32
    Member Deyeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    BraveHeart.
    +1,

    Kingdom of Heaven
    40D|BG-E2N|24-105L F4.0 IS USM |70-200L F2.8 IS USM

  13. #33

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    i've watched this movie the 2nd day it was shown here in singapore for the first time, my friend was hesitant to join me because she "don't know" about this movie and who the actors/actresses were, i also don't know... but being a war movie, i was really keen to see it as i once attempted to apply for the marines (cannot make it because of height requirements! hehe). anyways, the movie really kept me on the edge of my seat all throughout! well deserved award!
    Why so serious... Son?

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    403

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Good movie
    Canon EOS 7D| EF 70-200mm F/4 L IS USM| EF-S 15-85mm IS|580EX II

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
    Documentary? You should watch District 9, that one was filmed like a documentary but captivating storyline too. I watch tHL twice on a 5" screen onboard Qantas and it made my whole flight exciting
    yup, District 9 is a great movie to watch. unknown casts, superb acting and great directing by Peter Jackson. guess the movie ending was kinda sad...
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
    I'm a War movie junkie. Best war drama I ever watched is COMBAT starring Vic Morrow in the 70's. BOB is excellent probably due to being produced by Steven Spielberg Another of my fav of his is Saving Private Ryan. How come didn't see him at the 82nd OSCAR?
    oh yes, i still remember the TV series COMBAT. always looking forward to watch it years back. there are also a few war TV series;

    - Dirty Dozen
    - Ba Ba Blacksheep
    - Danko's Dozen

    old war movies like Tora, Tora, Tora was interesting too. this was the first movie i watched on the Pearl Harbour attack.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Same here.
    I watched from cinema to DVD to Blue Ray. Never sick of watching.

    I also like 300.
    who can ever forget... "This is Sparta!!!"

    very graphical movie... pure entertainment.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  18. #38
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    who can ever forget... "This is Sparta!!!"

    very graphical movie... pure entertainment.
    ....

    Another one: Troy!

    BTW, anyone still remember the war movie by Mel Gibson on the vietnam war?

    And a movie on a black platoon in USA civil war called Glory?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  19. #39
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    oh yes, i still remember the TV series COMBAT. always looking forward to watch it years back. there are also a few war TV series;

    - Dirty Dozen
    - Ba Ba Blacksheep
    - Danko's Dozen

    old war movies like Tora, Tora, Tora was interesting too. this was the first movie i watched on the Pearl Harbour attack.
    I like Dirty Dozen .... never miss an episode of it.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Movie: The Hurt locker

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    ....

    BTW, anyone still remember the war movie by Mel Gibson on the vietnam war?
    is it called 'The Thin Red Line'?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •