Thread: Herringbone Hand Grip's owner please comment..

Default Herringbone Hand Grip's owner please comment..

I have been eyeing on the Herringbone hand grip with the BH plate for my Canon 5D MKII. Any Herringbone's owner can comment whether the BH plate can attach well with camera body without any slip.

Default Re: Herringbone Hand Grip's owner please comment..

i'm using the herringbone hand grip for my oly E30. the generic arca-swiss plate that comes with the strap is so-so. depending on your camera's base plate, it may get in the way of your battery door and i find that it tends to shift as the plate contact surface is very smooth. after a few hours of shooting, the plate tends to loosen. over tightening or torquing the screw is not a good idea as it may flex the camera's baseplate.

after about 2 months of using the strap, i ordered a L-plate from really right stuff that is designed for the oly E3/30. the fit is fantastic and it doesn't get in my way when accessing the battery cover.

from RRS website http://reallyrightstuff.com/rrs/item...atus=0&Tp=&Bc=

Yeah, but RRS L-Plate is super expensive. Of course 一分錢一分貨
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    Yeah, but RRS L-Plate is super expensive. Of course 一分錢一分貨
    not much choice also la, not many L-plates have a strap lug built in and even less L-plates are designed my olympus cameras.

there are some korean brands too but if i'm gonna spend $80-90 on a korea generic plate i rather spend on a plate specifically for my camera for $190 (with shipping)

I know exactly what you mean. Might as well get one and forget about it rather than upgrade from one to another and spend even more money.

My RRS L-Plate for Canon 5D MkII actually arrived before I bought the camera.

OT a bit: One curious question - why did you leave a big gap between the L-plate (vertical side) and your E-30?

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. Might as well get one and forget about it rather than upgrade from one to another and spend even more money.

My RRS L-Plate for Canon 5D MkII actually arrived before I bought the camera.

OT a bit: One curious question - why did you leave a big gap between the L-plate (vertical side) and your E-30?
    ya, my thoughts exactly

the L-plate was actually designed for the E3 which is slightly wider than the E30. but the tripod mounting baseplate of the 2 cameras is the same so with the locking pin of the L-plate, it stays securely in place on my camera.

OIC. Getting back to the subject, I am not using the Herringbone as I already have a Canon E-1 hand strap that also looped around the RRS L-Plate quite nicely.