Thread: Street Shots

Default Street Shots

The Loner

The Story of the Lines

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
    The composition and the contrasts of the pictures, what is the message of the picture to you?

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    Focus on the loneliness of life and how some are constantly being outcasted.

3. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    I like the composition of both pictures, the one with the 3 birds take a slightly more humorous tone whilst the one of the old lady is of a slightly more serious tone.

I took these pictures with a Tamron 18-200 f3.5-6.3 on a Canon 500D
    Please do let me know of your thoughts on these photos, I'm a newbie so i'd like to improve.

Default Re: Street Shots

the grill in the bg of 'the loner' is distracting..need to work on composition..

and i'm afraid i completely didn't understand the 2nd one i didn't quite know which was the focus, the underexposed figure in the fg or the slightly illuminated one at the back..plus if i'm not mistaken, there's also a 3rd figure somewhere in the bg too rite? how does this convey loneliness?

Default Re: Street Shots

In pic 1, the sense of isolation is not strong enough. Maybe if you get a whole pack of birds at one edge of the frame and a lone one far from the pack that would show. But your picture conveys some sense of symmetry though. Another thing is that the bird in the middle is merging with the background and with the frontmost bird - you want your subjects to be distinct.

In pic 2, same issue with subjects merging with background and each other. Again, sense of isolation is not there. Blown highlight seems a bit distracting and we can hardly learn any information about the 'lonely' one.