Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: How to retain the EXIF data?

  1. #1

    Default How to retain the EXIF data?

    I am using lightroom and photoshop CS3 for my workflow. How can i retained my exif data? When i load into flickr, the exif data is not there. Anybody know why?

    My workflow is export into lightroom, done some editing before exporting out into a folder for my CS3 editing. In CS3, i only done some airbrush, sharpening, resize and adding borders before i save into PSD file and JPG file.

    Is there somewhere which i have done wrong?

    anybody can advise?

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to retain the EXIF data?

    is there exif after lightroom stage, because i not familiar with lightroom.

    how are you saving to JPG?

    Save to Web option will dump all your exif.

  3. #3

    Default Re: How to retain the EXIF data?

    actually LR2 maintains all your exif data by default unless u specifically when to turn those off during your export settings.

    also flickr has the option to hide your exif data so you probably have to check on that as well.

  4. #4

    Default Re: How to retain the EXIF data?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    is there exif after lightroom stage, because i not familiar with lightroom.

    how are you saving to JPG?

    Save to Web option will dump all your exif.
    Thank you for your advice.
    i did not save as web option. I always use the save as function. Will this affect the exif data? Let me try.

    Quote Originally Posted by gazkw View Post
    actually LR2 maintains all your exif data by default unless u specifically when to turn those off during your export settings.

    also flickr has the option to hide your exif data so you probably have to check on that as well.
    Thanks you for the advice.
    I did not change the default. Maybe i have to check lightroom settings. The option to display exif is already enable so the issue will be either in my lightroom or CS3.

  5. #5

    Default Re: How to retain the EXIF data?

    Quote Originally Posted by lighty View Post
    Thank you for your advice.
    i did not save as web option. I always use the save as function. Will this affect the exif data? Let me try.
    it should not.

    how about isolating the problem:

    1) check if exif intact after lightroom using windows (right click and properties)

    2) check if exif intact after photoshop processing (same thing)

    if both are intact, then definitely going to be intact.

    also, could you post the original uploaded file (resized), so that we can see if exif is really intact

  6. #6

    Default Re: How to retain the EXIF data?

    I used to upload photo size of 3024 x 2016 onto flickr and found the EXIF not intact.
    I then reduce the photo size to 1280 x 1024 and upload to flickr which the EXIF was intact.
    FYI - I am using the free flickr account..

    Hope this helps..
    Last edited by cssoonhoe; 22nd October 2009 at 03:37 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: How to retain the EXIF data?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    it should not.

    how about isolating the problem:

    1) check if exif intact after lightroom using windows (right click and properties)

    2) check if exif intact after photoshop processing (same thing)

    if both are intact, then definitely going to be intact.

    also, could you post the original uploaded file (resized), so that we can see if exif is really intact
    1) the exif is intact
    2) the exif is gone after photoshop editing.

    i think i know what is wrong. Is it because i create a new layer and drage the photo into the new layer to create the border.
    Last edited by lighty; 23rd October 2009 at 01:53 AM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: How to retain the EXIF data?

    Quote Originally Posted by lighty View Post
    1) the exif is intact
    2) the exif is gone after photoshop editing.

    i think i know what is wrong. Is it because i create a new layer and drage the photo into the new layer to create the border.
    oh, from a new file from scratch?

    you have to keep working on the ORIGINAL file.

    for borders, use image --> canvas to add.

    otherwise, just create the layer ON TOP of original file and work on it. you cannot paste it into a new file, obviously the base you work with is a blank image without exif.

    that'd explain it.

  9. #9

    Default Re: How to retain the EXIF data?

    thanks bro. i got it now.. will change my workflow from now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •